Author Topic: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #4 | 5v5 | 16.01  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #4 | 5v5 | 16.01
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2022, 03:55:37 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but league 2 -> 4 different winners? Is this shit more interesting than that boring-ass league 1?

Yes, that's right. Different countries have earned gold in past tournaments.
5v5 - GoodFellas - France
5v5 - CCCP Jr - Ukraine / Russia  
6v6 - Crappers - United Kingrom
7v7 - The Spectres - United Kingrom

didnt know that teams with 2 UK players become UK
british colonialism in action
Hello yes I submit to the invading redcoats and am ready to become a productive and loyal subject of the crown.

Giorno

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2022, 04:03:59 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but league 2 -> 4 different winners? Is this shit more interesting than that boring-ass league 1?

Yes, that's right. Different countries have earned gold in past tournaments.
5v5 - GoodFellas - France
5v5 - CCCP Jr - Ukraine / Russia  
6v6 - Crappers - United Kingrom

'Tis true this yes. League 2 has been very enjoyable to spectate. I genuinely think many teams could make one good tourney run and end up top 3.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2022, 04:07:11 pm »
Of course it's more interesting, League 1 had 2 stack teams and pretty much all the top 20 players were in them both combined. 1 of those 2 teams now died so it's even less interesting.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Gren_Rikus
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2022, 04:38:19 pm »
Of course it's more interesting, League 1 had 2 stack teams and pretty much all the top 20 players were in them both combined. 1 of those 2 teams now died so it's even less interesting.  ::)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 04:39:19 pm »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline MrMonty

• Private
  • That one guy in the 91st who got 0-27 K/D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Now a Grenadier of the Nr21
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2022, 06:37:56 pm »

I used to have a English flag on my ts a few years back, had no idea why but I guess this checks out! ;D

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 07:29:25 pm »
thank you, another well-run EGS event and congrats to ccpjr good to see fresh faces winning events.
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Phailur

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2022, 12:42:15 am »
Does League 1 even matter?

Also big up saphyro for getting everything started

Offline Yaboi

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2022, 03:36:39 am »
We are 92nd and we fucking Choke!
unluko

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2022, 05:13:51 pm »
Review

Spoiler

The second and last League 2 5v5 tournament of the third season of the European Groupfighting Series ended with the 4th winner in the 4th tournament. Teams back in form, surprising performances, welcomming old faces and the top three teams falling short.

Group A was probably the most dramatic group of all groups this season. Every team, including the new 5v5 champions CCCP Jr., had two losses and wins. A heartbreaking tournament for teams like VIIe Corps and Elements. The only reason they did not advance was due to their worse round difference. Especially for Elements, since they were able to beat the current number1  team in the overall team standings Crappers, who placed second behind the suprise team Prime Rohan Yatts. PRY lost their two opening matches against VIIe Corps and Elements, both teams that did not advance. Showing big courage afterwards winning against CCCP Jr. and Crappers to become first place in their group.

Group B was also quite an exiciting group. All three advancing teams had a 3-1 record. SubV upsetting the groups first Amigos in a 4-5 game, winning the other two matches against 45e and 25pp but loosing against the second place Spectres, ultimately deserving the third in the group. Amigos got their revenge against Spectres, winning convincingly their wirst match 5-1. Spectres rounds up the group as second place with good finishes against the other teams in the group.

Group C showed French domination. Both French speaking teams, GoodFellas and Coureurs des bois, advanced as the first two seeds, Nr59 rounding the group as third place up. GoodFellas only dropping 5 rounds during the whole group stage, with two 5-0's and only loosing rounds in the French derby and against the group last 2Lr, secured them their deserved first place. RG fell short against every opponent that advanced, but played a good match against 2Lr, earning a 4th place in the group.

Group D showed another domination, but this time the team's international. Gordon also only dropped 5 rounds throughout the whole group stage, loosing the most rounds against the other advancing teams, DwC and Noodle Alliance. Nevertheless no match for Gordon was nearly close to a defeat. DwC and Noodle Alliance winning their must win matches against RF and 7pp earned them their spots in the playoffs. In the clash of second place DwC had the overhand, winning the duel 5-4.

Spectres, reigning 7v7 champs, lost in their first round in the playoffs against the German team Nr59. The first upset is done. The next one immediately followed afterwards, when CCCP Jr. beat DwC convincing 5-2. CCCP Jr. did next the upset in the following round, against the French team GoodFellas, who was third in the overall standings. A very convincing 7-3 win ended up in a deserving semi finals spot. On the other side of the same playoffs bracket were the top 2 teams, Amigos and Crappers. Crappers won again a playoffs match against the German team. The match went the full duration and ended 7-6, after the German side lost two big advantages, leading 5-0 and 6-3 during the match. Nr59 also advanced to the semi finals, the second time this season. Last time it also was the 5v5 tournmanet. The semis were two very dominant matches, CCCP Jr. winning 7-2 against Nr59 and Gordon winning 7-1 against Crappers. It was their second 7-1 in the playoffs this tournament. The final was intense from start to end. Gordon starting with a convincing 7-3ish lead. The match ultimately went to the full duration, where CCCP Jr. crowned themselves as the new 5v5 kings in the second league.

[close]
Most Surprising Player Performances

Spoiler
With JackieChan returning to Napoleonic Wars Gordon was a title contendor. Even though Galavant, aka. JackieChan, was inactive in the past, he definitely showed something different. Topping the server with KD and kills was a familiar act the German/American showed. EpicPizza and Vegi, both also Gordon, showed great performances throughout the whole tournament. Desant and Benedict were the top players for the winning team CCCP Jr. Benedict later being voted as team MVP also showed his great performance.
[close]

WRITTEN BY Chainsor

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:47:32 pm by Chainsor »