Author Topic: EGS | Announcements  (Read 4600 times)

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Announcements
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 08:59:18 pm »
Different Coloured Muskets 

All players are reminded that the use of a texture pack that alters the colour of a musket is strictly prohibited. This has been in the rules since the start.

In accordance of this rule, "Janne" has been given a Two Tournament Ban for his use of these textures. This is effectively banning him for the remainder of this season. This action is proportionate and appropriate. This has been debated and approved by the admin team.

This should serve as a warning for all players and swift action will be taken against players who have these textures not just this season but throughout.

We have used Janne's Own Video as evidence

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 07:27:32 pm »
Amendment Of Ban Length 

The length of the ban issued to Janne has been lowered to a 1 Tournament Ban.

For the next tournament Janne has to have uninstalled the textures. Janne may be asked to provide a screenshot during that tournament at a moment of an Admin's choosing. Should there be any issues with this screenshot, DAB will be disqualified.

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2022, 07:48:14 pm »
League 2 Play Offs 

We can confirm that there will be playoffs for teams in the League 2 Tournament!

The Top 8 teams in the league table will progress to a play off tournament. This will allow those teams to win more points and finish higher in the league table.

League 2 has been a joy to watch and play in with different teams winning in different formats. This should hopefully encourage teams to give it their all this coming Sunday and potentially the play offs!

More information will be avaialable on the thread so keep an eye out for that!

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 08:49:56 pm »
League 2 Trolling

All players are reminded of the rules on Conduct and on Sign Ups. Action will be taking if players do not follow these rules.

It has come to the Admins attention that a player who was not signed up on the roster illegally and immorally took part in the tournament. TheDead from Envy in League 1 played last night. This is against the sign up rules as he played under a false name as well as being a League 1 player in a League 2 tournament. This has been confirmed by checking the GUID against sign ups across the forums. We also had this confirmed by the captain of the team. No action will be taken against the team he played for. TheDead has been banned for One Tournament for his involvement in this.

Another player known as Fred2 appeared to have joined the server using a different GUID and then interrupted and trolled a live round by killing a player. This has been confirmed by checking the GUID across sign ups and other alternate forms. Fred2 will serve a Three Tournament Ban in the next season of EGS for this action.

This should remind players that Logs are checked routinely and any discrepancies are found and action will be taken accordingly.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 08:53:14 pm by Chainsor »

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 08:47:24 pm »
Fred2's Ban

Fred2 has been unbanned immediately after presenting evidence that confirmed that it wasn't him on the server.

We reached a logical conclusion through multiple channels and presented our findings to Fred2. After deliberation and a discussion we have agreed to rescind the ban effective immediately. We apologise to Fred2 for this and thank him for presenting his evidence in a clear and concise manner. The Guid will remain banned permanently.

All players are reminded that should any issues arise, the best way to go over this decision is through a calm discussion with The Admin Team.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:49:19 pm by EGS Official »

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2022, 09:39:21 pm »
Announcement in the coming days   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Chainsor

• Board Moderator
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 01:00:25 pm »
EGS Season 4 Announcement

Hello everyone,

Season 4 is officially announced. You can sign up for League 1 or League 2 here. The rules have been updated and the new season will feature 4 tournaments: 3 regular tournaments (5v5, 6v6, 5v5) to gain points and 1 playoffs tournament (6v6). The starting date for League 1 will be October 30th and for League 2 November 6th. All tournaments are already scheduled.

The tournament system for League 1 will differ from last Season, so the participating teams get more playtime plus it will be more competitive. 8 teams devided into two groups, the first two teams will head into the upper bracket against the other first two seeded teams from the other group. The bottom teams will head into a lower bracket and play for points there. The tournament system for League 2 remains the same like last season. 4 groups with 5 teams. The first three teams will head to the knock-out stage whereby the first seeded team will head directly to the quarters.

If anyone has any questions regarding the new season, pls message either Voluble, DarkTemplar or me. Steam links can be found on the Admin Team Thread.

Go sign up now!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 09:05:21 pm »
WSE2 Reminder/Announcement

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you have seen/heard by now WSE2 will be allowed in the EGS tournament series season 4, specifically if you have version 1.0.8.0 or higher installed so that the FoV slider can be locked to the default FoV for players (it will not be mandatory so this is a choice if you wish to install it using the steps below or not). If you haven't already updated this to that version you will need to do so before the first tournament this weekend should you wish to do so (just to be clear you do not need WSE2 to partake, but if you are using it you need the correct version or you'll be kicked from the server).

Gibby's thread linked here shows how to update to the latest version if you already have it installed as well as outlining the changes.

For those of you who haven't installed it and would like to you can use HiReapers video below (thanks for letting us use it). This was for the older version but the process is the same just make sure to download the 1.8 files rather than the previous version.

The files you need can be found here and here.

Also please note that rather than installing a new copy you can always overwrite your Steam game files to install WSE2 to the Steam-launched version instead, the downside of this is there could be glitches on there as it's not how it was designed. Though I do know of some players using this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:09:38 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.