Poll

Is Karth the GOAT?

yes
3 (60%)
yes
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: All-Time Leaders (NA)  (Read 28092 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: All-Time Leaders (NA)(2019)
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2020, 05:22:13 pm »
I've been gone for a long time, not sure If I have ever seen this thread before but its really well done.

The NWL win vs 12th with Grim's 3eVolt was insanely fun and one of the best LB's I ever took part in across both EU and NA.

Gotta have an honorable mention to Cheesey's handling of TNWL vs 58e, insane.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:50 pm »
I've been gone for a long time, not sure If I have ever seen this thread before but its really well done.

The NWL win vs 12th with Grim's 3eVolt was insanely fun and one of the best LB's I ever took part in across both EU and NA.

Hey thank you John Price, appreciate it. :)

I'll be making probably one final update near the end of the year while fleshing out the rest of the reasoning for the 80s leaders as well as some other minor adjustments.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2020, 05:33:42 pm »
No worries, would love to see something like this for EU but I don't think it would work out too well XD
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2020, 05:40:25 pm »
No worries, would love to see something like this for EU but I don't think it would work out too well XD
Why would it not work out? If there's anyone to make a list like that it'd be you.  :P

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2020, 05:52:21 pm »
wait this argument already happened git fukt 40th

still old gen reg biased imo
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:06:16 pm by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2020, 07:19:27 pm »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2020, 09:26:11 pm »

?

new gen leaders are kinda bad ngl
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:12:47 pm by Windflower »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2020, 10:09:44 pm »

Origin of the musket drop

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2020, 10:40:14 pm »

?

If you look at any 1v1s from like 2013, more then half the regs didn't know what a reverse was. As time goes regs don't get worse, they get better. I have had this argument with many people, and I have seen the best of both eras. If you get a new gen leader that is some-what league one material, they would absolutely crush regimental leaders who dropped off before 2015ish. Most of the high end old gen leaders would probably adjust to the era, but in terms of what is, and what was, the current era of leaders have adjusted from mistakes made in the earlier years. Tactics, and everything in general are just better. A good analogy for it would be in Baseball when people talk about Babe Ruth, while he was the best player of his era, and those years, he wouldn't be able to compete in this era, unless he took time to adjust to it. We saw something like this with Wardop when he reformed 1aSvea for the recent NANWL, he got dismantled in his first match, and the 1aSvea was disbanded half way into the season of NANWL, and even mid season he gave up his leading to more formidable leaders of the era.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2020, 10:56:12 pm »

?

I still think me/russian or godfreid/anyone would manhandle the big brain leaders

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2020, 11:19:19 pm »

?

If you look at any 1v1s from like 2013, more then half the regs didn't know what a reverse was. As time goes regs don't get worse, they get better. I have had this argument with many people, and I have seen the best of both eras. If you get a new gen leader that is some-what league one material, they would absolutely crush regimental leaders who dropped off before 2015ish. Most of the high end old gen leaders would probably adjust to the era, but in terms of what is, and what was, the current era of leaders have adjusted from mistakes made in the earlier years. Tactics, and everything in general are just better. A good analogy for it would be in Baseball when people talk about Babe Ruth, while he was the best player of his era, and those years, he wouldn't be able to compete in this era, unless he took time to adjust to it. We saw something like this with Wardop when he reformed 1aSvea for the recent NANWL, he got dismantled in his first match, and the 1aSvea was disbanded half way into the season of NANWL, and even mid season he gave up his leading to more formidable leaders of the era.
No.. just no.. we're talking about high tier leaders + regiments that have accomplished notable victories, there's a reason leaders like Hugonaut (no offense) aren't up there with the others
also you were like 10 years old in 2013.. and probably not leading in any formidable regiments

also not a good analogy at all lol Babe Ruth played like 80 years ago & Wardop lead like only 7 years ago and won NANWL albeit in the weaker league andsome may say he crutched on hillcamping which I'm not sure if he even did when he came back out of retirement leading a complete different line in a different meta. If you want a decent comparison you should compare the actual skill of the leaders in the top tier regiments back then today.. not a coincidence that AsianP back then was one of the best leaders and when he came back is considered a top 3 leader in the scene.. also regiments were way bigger back then so leading is different depending on line size.

You typed a really long paragraph but it contains hardly any substance so its hard for me to respond to any of it..  :-X

?

I still think me/russian or godfreid/anyone would manhandle the big brain leaders
I disagree but you're better than I gave you credit for on the tier list which I plan to change on the next update considering I remember you tying the 54th in NWL back in the Nr.37 when you were quite young though Idk if it was actually you or someone like Pinkerton leading.. At the end of the day its hard to compare who would beat who considering they've all been in charge of different regiments at different time periods.. like surely you can't argue Godfreid/Someone else leading his original regiments would manhandle any big brain leader or their regiment.. gotta be more specific in your opinion
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:24:43 pm by Windflower »

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2020, 01:11:13 am »
Shinto is undefeated leader... not on list... typical bias... jealous of shinto coolness...?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2020, 02:07:16 am »
Shinto is undefeated leader... not on list... typical bias... jealous of shinto coolness...?

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2020, 02:16:31 am »

its mehstery????

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2020, 03:42:29 am »
Tbh the reason Karth was so good was cause we trained a lot. Every other regiment I’ve been in has not come close to the amount of training and discipline than the 63e. It worked cause there wasn’t a lot of big egos in the 63e. Cause most people that think they’re too good to do line training were already in a different regiment. Nowadays you just have people not knowing what a wheel is or what a wing is. Pretty sad. Also some people still don’t know when reversing that turning left is faster than turning right.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.