Poll

Is Karth the GOAT?

yes
3 (60%)
yes
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: All-Time Leaders (NA)  (Read 27633 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
All-Time Leaders (NA)
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:29:15 pm »

Elite Tier (Big Brain) (90-100)

95.5 - Karth (63e)
95.0 - Breaches/Tico (12th)
92.5 - AsianP (3eVolt/58e)
91.0 - Breaches (12th)
90.0 - Tico (12th)
90.0 - Grimsight (3eVolt)

High Tier (80-89)

85.7 - Zorkoth (12th)
85.5 - Cheeseypants (71st)
84.0 - Alexander (5th/75th)
83.7 - Ody (MoskovGren)
83.5 - Irish (6te)
83.2 - RussianFury/Waste (LG)
83.0 - Stox (54th)
82.7 - Knight of St John (PSG)
82.7 - Godfreid (98e/4th)
82.3 - PurplePanda/Windflower (30th)
82.2 - Marceaux (111e/84e)
81.9 - Praetorian (22e)
81.5 - Millander (1stFKI)
81.0 - DrByeBye (12e/54th)
80.5 - Locust (40th/54th)
80.3 - Wardop/Deg (14th/1aSvea)
80.0 - Jetch (LIR)

Average Tier (70-79)

79.5 - Lawbringer (58e/91st)
79.5 - FancyPants (3DM/35th)
78.2 - Littlefield (92nd)
78.2 - Zen (63e)
78.1 - Jorge (8th)
78.0 - Windflower (PSG/30th)
78.0 - RussianFury (LG/Moskov)
77.9 - CommissarJDF (USMC)
77.8 - Who (12th)
77.7 - Vortex (3eVolt)
77.7 - Waste (LG/Nr37)
77.7 - PurplePanda (30th/15thYork)
77.6 - Ghost (12th)
77.6 - Pinkerton (Nr37)
77.6 - Rafael (Various)
77.5 - NickCole (Nr11/93rd)
77.5 - NappySurena (45e)
77.5 - MackCW/Saltyy (9y/2te)
77.4 - Vinago (54th)
77.4 - Deadeye (Nr7/1te)
76.3 - Nico (4th)
76.2 - Spoons (9th)
76.0 - Chantakey (5th/75th)
75.8 - Lawrence (Various)
75.8 - Damian (84e)
75.7 - Dodge (39th/23rd)
75.7 - KillerShark (18th)
75.7 - DjOverjoy (45e/5th)
75.0 - Mockingjay (31e)
74.8 - GlukTheWalrus (1erGren)
74.7 - Audiate (91st/8pp)
74.5 - Jakester (41st)
74.4 - Anthony (AEF)
74.4 - Yoshie (6te/40th)
74.4 - Armystrong (74th/79th)
74.1 - Offizer (63e)
73.9 - Glenn (USMC/15e)
73.5 - Cytiuz (VB/HRE)
73.4 - Andee (3DM/35th)
73.0 - Amit (22nd)
72.9 - Potus (87th)
72.8 - TheJollyCanadian (15e/USMC)
72.4 - Carson (USMC/30th)
72.3 - Siwi (7te)
72.2 - Spearman (13thFL)
72.1 - Newkirk (27th)
72.1 - Getty (Nr9)
72.1 - PapaBean (Various)
72.0 - GlacialGriffin (MoskovGren)
71.9 - Munch (3rdSS)
71.0 - Lips (30th)
70.9 - Unitater (15e)
70.3 - Bryce (QRG)
70.1 - Pooba (2eChefs)
70.0 - Midnight (Various/6te)

Honorable Mentions
Honorable Mentions (69 & Below)

72.0 -  Pickle (Various/1stFL)
69.3 - Maple (41st)
68.5 - Label (4thKGA)
68.0 - Kuni (51st)
68.0 - Saladin/LiquidSkorpion (4thKGA)
68.0 - Capone (HRE)
66.5 - Bluenose (1er)
64.7 - Yoloswag (Nr23/40th)
[close]
Reasoning
Karth
To put it simply he did the most with the least. His regiment wasn't the greatest in the scene to start with but had been highly competitive in the scene always under Karth's leadership and even dominant at points up until Karth's departure. While his regiment did have some melee players it paled in comparison to most other competitive regiments. Karth made use of his regiments shooting in a way nobody has replicated since, with extreme IQ of shooting angles, timing, and maneuverability in what was most of the time a huge line. He was able to put together a tight cohesion in a regiment that lasted strong through out the years while the others faded and when returned seemed to have lost their touch. Karth's consistency and dominance over the scene in a highly competitive time earns him the top big brain spot on this list.
[close]
Breaches/Tico
While it was known that Breaches was a decent bit better of a leader than Tico, it's hard not to give credit to them as a duo for their complete destruction of the scene in the early days of competitive NW. These guys put together a regiment so skilled and bred straight from scratch, the likes of which hadn't been seen yet in NA's scene ever. Tico playing an integral role in the regiment's development as the Colonel, while Breaches lead the charges in linebattles. While they were active the two were unmatched as leaders for a long period of time. They made pretty damn good use of the volley and charge as their melee was as dominant as their stacked officer corps. Having this advantage in melee is always nice as a leader and is no fault of the 12th's as they trained them to be that good, but it also takes away from the amount of effort one may need to put into leading at certain points. After the 12th it didn't really feel like they ever had that sauce, more so probably because they were just playing to have fun and not sweat nearly as hard.
[close]
AsianP
I honestly can't speak too much on AsianP's older days, but back then he formed and developed the 3eVolt to later become an all-time hall of fame regiment. He also found success later with the 79th, 58e/91st and later 3eVolt reforms. It seemed he taught Grimsight how to lead as well who is regarded by most as one of NW's greatest leaders so I suppose you could say he is a leading pioneer. He had really good fundamental leading and timing of his shots that blended well into melee engagements, he also good use of maneuvering around the map. He wasn't the most active during his 58e/91st days but when he was on it was what made the difference for the 58e to dominate other regiments. His leading when he came back was still pretty good and above most other leaders which led to his success particularly with the newer 3eVolt over the LG. So yeah extremely well rounded player and leader, definitely deserves this spot. Actually one negative thing is he sometimes chokes.. nothing too bad though.
[close]
Grimsight
Grimsight pioneered some tactics back in the day that people now use all the time, such as the "reverse column". I mean I don't actually know if that's true but he used it really well in linebattles. He was usually best leading around his big ass line where he'd reverse and bait your shots then reverse back, get a better angle and plop his line down for a big ol' shooting engagement followed by a charge. It's pretty frustrating to deal with someone who is just constantly moving and is hard to get any shots off on. Grim led the 3eVolt to it's peak during 2013/2014 where he was able to be one of the largest and most competitive regiments in the game and were the only ones able to compete with the 12th on a close level. A real bright individual.
[close]
Cheeseypants
Led a pretty large regiment back in the peak 71st days and managed to compete with Karth and win an NWL title. He was pretty fast with his reverse and used a simple but deadly leading style to come out as one of the best regiments in that era. Though Cheesey didn't necessarily find huge success until he had a huge cast of melee players to crutch on when he needed it, he shouldn't be discredited that much. He kept winning and led with the exact style that one should with a deadly melee crew. This unfortunately does kind of takes away from his *actual* leading skill so it notches him down slightly though he was still a very solid and consistent leader and one of the all time best.
[close]
Zorkoth
Zorkoth was actually a pretty decent line leader and lead the most out of anyone else other than Tico and Breaches. His leading style I am not very familiar with but I'm told he made a big impact for the 12th and stepped up when it was needed against big names, a true legend of the golden era, if you don't know now you know.
[close]
Ody
Ody was pretty underrated back in his day just because of how hated he was as a person. He actually led quite a disciplined and tight crew though and used his swivel tactics to his advantage, when paired with a few key melee players like he had after the 71st disappeared, he can prove to be quite difficult to deal with. Even without them his leading was always a pain in the ass to deal with and his regiment were like above average pubs that he'd trained so he was decent for sure, one of the most underrated/underappreciated leaders of all time.
[close]
Irish
The 6te was/is quite the motley crew, but Irish put it together and managed to dominate the latter half of the NW 1v1 era. He uses his shots with great effectiveness and manages to keep a solid distance between the regiments. What I mean by that is he'll manuever to safe spots and advance to avoid shots really well and then reverse and reform and all that pretty line stuff. Pretty similar to Knight of St John's leading style actually, though he did have some pretty good melee carries at times to rely on. But yeah he's an extremely stubborn leader and with this won S8 and came 2nd in S9 of NWL with a lot of it being leadership.
[close]
Alexander
Alexander's regiments namely the 7y and 5th dominated the underground scene while they were active. They didn't really have the player base to compete with a lot of these high skilled regiments but it was mostly through Alexander's leadership and cohesion as a unit that led them to be able to compete with these regiments as well as keep dominating the "league 2" scene. Alexander managed to form a larger group with more experienced players in what would be his pinnacle in the 75th. He managed to lead his regiment to a league title which is an impressive feat no matter the time period, though it was against a practically fallen apart 18th squad. His workhorse attitude and commitment led them to that title and few can deny him that TNWL win. Unfortunately Alexander didn't find much success in NW after this as his future attempts at putting together a solid regiment failed and he was basically squashed out of the scene.
[close]
Stox
Also an underrated leader, Stox excelled at leading massive lines and maneuvering them about. In the 54th's peak they were competing heavily with the 63e, 3eVolt, and 71st. Stox had a fucking stacked officer core as well that was utilized well including names like ByeBye, Locust, Balthazar, Decimos etc. Stox had an extremely disciplined unit and had a massive regiment so they had a lot of pubs but also SOME decent melee players. I think they lacked in the melee department for sure but with Stox's leading and use of volleys they were one of the top dogs back in the day. They kinda did fall off though in their later reforms struggling against regiments like the Nr37. The 12te was pretty decent as well but never peaked to the level of size and skill that the original 54th had.
[close]
Knight of St John
Knight of St John was quite an effective leader despite the skill disparity his regiment would have in melee engagements. The PSG was a coordinated regiment but lacked individual skill, to make up for this he made use of tight left/right advances and reform columns to evade and bait the other regiments shots, then would try to find a good range to pick the other regiment apart in shooting before finishing them in a melee engagement where they had the numbers advantage. He was quite difficult to deal with as a leader because of his meticulous and stubborn leading style. He was able to earn most of his regiment's victories as well as a L2 victory with the PSG and another leading the AEF to their title. He had some close matches with higher tier regiments and I would consider him as one of those "what if he lead this regiment of players" leaders for sure.
[close]

TO DO: REST OF HIGH TIER REASONING
[close]
[close]

List made with mostly my opinion and w/ input on leaders from different community members
Any feedback/criticism is fine

[/td][/tr][/table]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:23:54 am by Windflower »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: All-Time Leaders (NA)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:36:55 pm »
Heil Karth
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:12 pm »
When Kuni/Unitater is on the list but not me smh

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 10:46:49 pm »
I don't rly remember you leading a regiment competitively (within the last like 4 years)

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 10:48:06 pm »
@Maple

Honorable Mention

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:50:25 pm »
I don't rly remember you leading a regiment competitively (within the last like 4 years)
I've done back leading in the 6te and even with the 4eGren when that was a thing because Irish disbanded :(

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:00 pm »
This is pretty good, I’d say, and well done for putting the same leaders at different places in time.

My feedback would be:
Asian ^ over Tico/Breaches, due to leading at an elite tier throughout different eras
Cheesey ^ above Grimsight for the same reason ( also, possibly include Blade and Russian with Cheese, but who knows
Godfreid ^ KOSJ, as without Godfried more than a few regiments would have been stomped early and disappeared
Russian and Waste ^ Irish. Didn’t they just prove that once again? How long are people going to maintain they aren’t quite good leaders after years of proof?
Wardop/Deg ^ you and Panda. The season 1 NANWL win means more than your NAPL win.
Marceaux way down. He’s a fraud
Maybe Russian and Waste individually up, but I can understand it
Mack and Jakester ^, you’re disrespecting them all the way down there
Get lips off the list, the man was dumb as a brick

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 10:55:50 pm »
Where is Cytiuz :(

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 10:57:16 pm »
I easily beat like most of the average ones  :(

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 11:09:13 pm »
This is pretty good, I’d say, and well done for putting the same leaders at different places in time.

My feedback would be:
Asian ^ over Tico/Breaches, due to leading at an elite tier throughout different eras
Asian just wasn't as good prime vs prime

Cheesey ^ above Grimsight for the same reason ( also, possibly include Blade and Russian with Cheese, but who knows
Cheesey didn't even lead for that much longer than when Grimsight stopped, and even so Grimsight was better and made a bigger impact leading-wise.

Godfreid ^ KOSJ, as without Godfried more than a few regiments would have been stomped early and disappeared
I don't know what you mean by this

Russian and Waste ^ Irish. Didn’t they just prove that once again? How long are people going to maintain they aren’t quite good leaders after years of proof?
Wym? What won them that match was their regiments massive melee advantage, though they used their leading effectively with this advantage. Irish is just at base a better tactical leader than these two, thats faxx.

Wardop/Deg ^ you and Panda. The season 1 NANWL win means more than your NAPL win.
Idk about that chief, Wardop didn't really impress with his leading with his return to NW and even back then his leading was pretty heavily scoffed at, but I'll add a reasoning for him soon.

Nah, his regiment had a lot of nobodies as well. He did quite well with what he had and managed to make his regiments quite competitive even back then.

Perhaps
Lips in his prime was not awful but I'll consider moving him down further

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 11:10:03 pm »

My feedback would be:

Sad to see you're still salty after all these years. Whats funnier is that your old leader Cheesey commended me when i started getting heavily involved in the competitive scene yet you talk shit for some reason. My record speaks for itself and i never once needed a melee stack to compete at the top. And tbh your opinion means very little as you do not even know how to run and lead a regiment in general let alone in competition.

Overall pretty solid list, i would personally probably raise Cheeseypants and Russian. And maybe lower/raise a few more but still pretty good list.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 11:13:08 pm »

My feedback would be:

I still think Irish is a better 1v1 leader because of what he has done with the players he has had. He did have some really great players like Yoshie, Raf, and Maniac and other solid meleers, but he never had the stack that the LG has. Not to take anything away from Russian and Waste, they did a great job taking advantage of Irish's mistakes and the LG's melee skill in the final 1v1 of NWL.

A player I think could move up is Zen. He almost single handedly kept the 63e extremely competitive after Karth and Offizer dipped. I think he is a better leader than people give him credit for. And he had even less talented players in the 63e than Karth had, which is saying something.

I do also agree with Theo, Jakester should be a bit higher.

I think this list is pretty much perfect.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 11:14:33 pm »
Updates
- Added Midnight & Cytiuz
- Raised Jakester
- Raised Mack/Saltyy
- Raised Zen
- Lowered Lips
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:31:19 pm by Windflower »

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 11:16:38 pm »
Put me on the list. I am undefeated in 1v1s (1-0. Beat USMC in NANWL Season 1 9-1) and I have never lost a interreg 1v1.

|Viper|

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2019, 11:17:07 pm »

My feedback would be:

I still think Irish is a better 1v1 leader because of what he has done with the players he has had. He did have some really great players like Yoshie, Raf, and Maniac and other solid meleers, but he never had the stack that the LG has. Not to take anything away from Russian and Waste, they did a great job taking advantage of Irish's mistakes and the LG's melee skill in the final 1v1 of NWL.

A player I think could move up is Zen. He almost single handedly kept the 63e extremely competitive after Karth and Offizer dipped. I think he is a better leader than people give him credit for. And he had even less talented players in the 63e than Karth had, which is saying something.

I do also agree with Theo, Jakester should be a bit higher.

I think this list is pretty much perfect.
6te at one point had a very good lineup for melee. Yoshie, Maniac, Rafael, Suns, Yoloswag, Vetro, Epix, and Anthony. I do believe around the 2016/2017 era 6te had a nice lineup too when they were big bringing 40~ to events.