Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 26968 times)

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2016, 09:07:19 pm »
I don't even bother looking at SKADA when there's a DH in my instance. I get excited about doing 120k dps, meanwhile a DH is peaking at like 400k.
xD

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2016, 11:12:52 pm »
I was happy with my 180k DPS the other day. I wonder how DH's will perform now with the new patch.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2016, 03:24:20 pm »
Warlock all the way!

Outland - Alliance level 110 warlock.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:02 pm »
Oh my god, you're actually enduring as a warlock during this expansion?

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2016, 05:49:37 am »
Oh my god, you're actually enduring as a warlock during this expansion?
Played warlock since TBC u smelly poop

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2017, 12:43:25 am »
So how about that new expansion and classic eh?

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2017, 04:19:37 am »
New expansion looks cool (nice avatar btw), even though I stopped playing early on in Legion because the price outweighed the content near the end of my time playing, it looks like it might be worth getting in to. Shame I don't have many NA friends who still play. :-\

(EDIT: I think the style of the Alliance troops is getting a bit too "Warhammer: Age of Sigmar" esque but w/e)

Classic was an amazing announcement, I'm surprised I haven't heard more buzz than I have. I'm really interested to see what aspects of Classic they're staying loyal to and what qualities of life/straight-up improvements they'll bring over. Updated graphics would be nice, of course, but for some the old models might be too nostalgic to not have. Maybe they'll have choices for that.

Given that I was always pretty good for the scarce amount of time I played it, I'm curious what they'll do with PvP in both the new expansion and in Classic. Also, Classic should definitely have an alternative price tag or something--pay the normal $15/m or whatever it is for the newer content and Classic, or pay like $5-10/m for just Classic. Otherwise there's not much reason to use the alternative, less legal clients, unless Blizzard's version is just vastly, infinitely superior.

WoW is definitely on its way out since the gaming marketplace has turned its focus more to in-and-out, match-by-match, collect-the-cosmetics games, but hopefully it can round up the remaining MMO-playing populous and get them back to where a lot of them started.

Offline Dealen

• First Lieutenant
  • Summer Is comming.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Nick: 81st_Col_Dealen
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2017, 04:52:13 am »
I am speechless, why is the cinematic trailer more towards chinese MMO?

Offline Bob_The_Drunken_Villager

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2017, 06:43:50 am »
I'm still sad about Blizzcon. I wanted to have a Naga/Nzothish kind of expansion. That's not to say that we could maybe have that with a twist in the story (I mean it would make sense to invade out of the seas when both factions are weakened right..?).

Never the less I'm probably going to play the new expansion for a bit, perhaps I'll like it. Plus the idea of retaken Lordaeron with my Scarlet Crusade transmogged Paladin just feels badass.
"When we found the Abyss, we fought.
Through our blood, we did not find what we sought.
New challenger, end us, so we may rot.
For our journey into the Abyss, was all for nought."

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:48 am »
I am actually super excited for the new expansion. I am getting really tired of these constant doomsday end of the world threats we need to take down in WoW. Legion was the asbolute worst with that. Now, we are going back to what we were in vanilla: small heroes and explorers where the focus is on the uncharted realms we are going to explore instead of fighting a fucking Titan God himself. Plus Kul'Tiras and Zandalar were known to exist since vanilla. They are pretty important in the lore so finally going there is gonna be great.

As for classic, I'm not that interested in it. Sounds like a fun side adventure whenever I have not much to do in BfA. But I am happy for everyone that wanted this.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2017, 03:12:21 am »
@joer I totally agree. In my opinion, the best adventure games and the best parts of adventure games are when you're just some random ass scrub with a bunch of other random ass scrubs who go and almost accidentally achieve greatness. It's what made the original Star Wars, Final Fantasies, Chrono Trigger, etc. so good.

Plus, it just makes more sense when 40 or so people are beating up these big tough enemies if they're not all equipped with god-tier weapons, like Ashbringer. Why are there a dozen people with Ashbringers fighting this guy? Who cares shut up. That said, fuck me, I loved having Ashbringer lmao. I'm such a white knight Paladin fanboy nerd lol. Favorite class in WoW and Hearthstone.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2017, 03:24:46 pm »
Yeah everyone having legendary weapons was kinda silly.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »
Yeah everyone having legendary weapons was kinda silly.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2017, 09:29:36 pm »
I'm extremely hyped for classic and will try to play it competitively again.
People say it's only about nostalgia are extremely wrong.
I got 4 level 60s on blizzlike servers when they came out, that's without any extra bonusses.
Took me a max of 2 weeks to get to level 60 per character, 1.5 week was my record on my Human warlock.
The game is a bit more of a grind but it's more enjoyable to me, it feels more like a real MMO.
You see people all around the world and actually have to ask eachother to help with stuff.
Even in guilds, the chat was constantly active.
And let me tell you when you clear raids like BWL/AQ40 and Zul'Gurub, along with many others.
Oh it's epic, and consistent.
But it's still not too hard once you know everything, maybe 1-2 hours before a raid you start preparing and if you get every buff you can along with every preparation you can clear BWL in 30-45 mins lmao.

Will nolife the shit out of it until I get bored of it and they hopefully eventually make a TBC and WOTLK server.
This summer I cleared Kara+TK+SSC on a TBC Blizzlike server and made a shitton of friends that helped make the whole experience fun on a daily.

Modern wow is just a bit ''meh'' to me, played it for years and got around 30k hours on my account but it just doesn't feel too right, can't fully devote myself to it cause I feel too distanced since I haven't played much in the latest expansions.
If the new xpac is something that really speaks to me, I'd play it. Why the fuck not.
But I ain't one to bash modern wow for what it is along as I feel like Classic players shouldn't be bashed for wanting to enjoy their game.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:04 pm »
^ This.

I'm definitely pretty excited for the Classic "experience," where people had to actually play together. It's something I always wished to experience.