16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 976405 times)

Offline Adley_BR

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #19 Pistols, Sentinels and Stormtroopers)
« Reply #1695 on: September 07, 2013, 06:43:32 pm »
But isn't available yet?

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #19 Pistols, Sentinels and Stormtroopers)
« Reply #1696 on: September 07, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »
No.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #1697 on: September 07, 2013, 07:12:47 pm »
If you guys are adding admin weapons ... Does that mean you are almost done with the mod?  :D 8)

Yeah...
baktech doesnt know what he is talking about, the mod isnt ready, nor close to that yet.
The first modder for NW.

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1698 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:03 pm »
When I said "Yeah..." I meant the questioning Yeah... when you agree with someone.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1699 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »
If you guys are adding admin weapons ... Does that mean you are almost done with the mod?  :D 8)

Yeah...
baktech doesnt know what he is talking about, the mod isnt ready, nor close to that yet.
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but...

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1700 on: September 07, 2013, 08:25:03 pm »
When I said "Yeah..." I meant the questioning Yeah... when you agree with someone.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #1701 on: September 07, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »
Love you baktech.
Spoiler
[close]
My life.
The first modder for NW.

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1702 on: September 07, 2013, 11:38:48 pm »
Love you baktech.
Spoiler
[close]
My life.

Haha! Thanks!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
Re: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens)
« Reply #1703 on: September 07, 2013, 11:56:35 pm »
Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens
As promised, the 20th update is going to focus more on coding and in-game stuff instead of being a typical render update. Before we get to that, some more members of the Bear Force team have joined us. Welcome KArantukki and Peppe019 to the team. They are both very experienced and will definitely speed up development.

Coding
Alright, now let's talk about coding. As most of you know, DanyEle joined the team some time ago. With Azrooh's help and his older work, he's been able to implement some really cool stuff. Before we get to that, I mentioned last update that we have most of our models in-game. I've gotten some screenshots of a couple implemented weapons.
Melee
Spoiler

[close]
Guns
Spoiler

[close]
We are aware that there are still a bunch of issues. For example, helmet shininess, Gewehr 98 sight, sizing, etc. We will work on correcting these overtime, don't worry.

Now onto the features that DanyEle has been working on.

Shooting System: We have a new system created by Azrooh. We've been hesitant to show it earlier due to some bugs, but with DanyEle joining the team, they were quickly fixed. It's more similar to what you use in typical shooter games, right click to aim and left click to shoot. You might've also seen this system in Bear Force II. We have several different kinds of weapons that load differently. For example, the Lebel is tube fed so loads cartridges individually while the Gewehr loads with stripper clips. As well, we have new sounds, from DiplexHeated, and new animations from Peppe019, to bring these weapons to life.

Scopes: We have a sniper class that spawns in with a scope. As you expect, when aiming, it allows you to zoom with a cross hair effect, similar to how spyglasses work. Like the bayonet, it is a separate, toggable, item in your inventory. The scope effect was made by Peppe019.

Bleeding and Bandaging: When you take a certain amount of damage, you start bleeding slowly. Some of you who've played Secession may recognize this feature. It's been adapted to NW by Dany. Of course, there are also bandages. When a bleeding person is hit by one, the bleeding stops.

Whistles and Binoculars: Simple stuff. They work the same way instruments and spyglasses work in NW. Whistle sound from Diplex and binocular effect from Peppe019.

Grenades: We finally have grenades. These will be carried by French and German assault troops. We have both ones with fuses and the more dangerous percussion ones. As well, there's a concentrated charge which was made by bundling the heads of several stick grenades together.

See these things in action here: [youtube]HVY2BtPMCBQ[/youtube]

Renders
Of course, work on models and textures have continued. Peppe019, one of our new artists, gave the Stalhlelm, created by Hampus Norlander,  a make over and created the Stirnpanzer Browplate as well.
Spoiler

[close]

Now, you saw a very brief glimpse of one of our grenades in the video. Here are a couple more we've made.
Spoiler
Stielhandgranate and Concentrated Charge(Geballte Ladung) by Austro.

F1 Grenade by Rigadoon. P1 Grenade modeled by Bsnott and textured by Rigadoon.
[close]

What's Next?
The mod is in a playable state but not yet ready for a release. We've started to talk about testing but don't get your hopes up. It's not going to be a public testing nor a large private testing. If you ask me to be part of the testing, I will never talk to you again.  :P In the meantime, you can expect a couple more updates that will give more and more information about the mod as we progress.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:56:34 pm by Rigadoon »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 07, 2013, 11:59:06 pm »
Nice work!  :D
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Stjef

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1705 on: September 08, 2013, 12:04:51 am »
Love it. :3

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #1706 on: September 08, 2013, 12:06:02 am »
Nice job, as always.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #1707 on: September 08, 2013, 12:07:56 am »
Great update, love the pistol animation.  DanyEle is really speeding things up.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #1708 on: September 08, 2013, 12:08:44 am »
Good job!

Offline LordAdder

• First Lieutenant
  • I LOVE the round things!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John_Adder
« Reply #1709 on: September 08, 2013, 12:09:05 am »
Looks nice, Revolvers I think need work. Along with possible recoil?