Author Topic: North American Duel Tournament  (Read 22864 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Duel Tournament
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2018, 11:51:45 pm »
I guess NW hasn’t evolved fully yet. The s key rule was a great step in the right direction

you use the skey everytime you set up your sidesteps though, itd be impossible to sidestep without skey, so actually you would be the most impacted by the s key rule
I’m assuming that s key itself wouldn’t be banned, but merely overuse.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

MATT123456789

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2018, 12:02:44 am »

There is no one left in the community who overuses s key like Dante, so the rule is pointless. Don't know why all the "groupfighters" are pushing hard for this rule to exist.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2018, 12:20:07 am »
I guess NW hasn’t evolved fully yet. The s key rule was a great step in the right direction
Theo we tried. But S key is best Key

Can't lose if you don't fight,

The S key rule wouldn't have changed anything, like I said in one of my posts.

Someones going to aggress, so an s keyer can s key all they want regardless of needing to throw an attack in 10 seconds.

and if no one is aggressing then both end up at fault and get docked a round.

Also, I played in the tournament that sleek talked about and for reasons stated above as well as others it changed literally nothing. The rule was implemented there to deal with situations they faced like Hokej v. Ledger who would go long periods of time without bothering to engage, just literally waiting for someone to lose patience first and others began adopting this sort of play style.

In NA, we don't really have people who will face off and neither will bother to do anything but wait for someone to lose patience.

Also as a sidenote, the rule wasn't even being implemented in this tournament correctly to begin with. Anthony's intention was that you needed to attack within the first 10 seconds and after that doesn't matter. In the European tournament, you had to throw an attack within at least every 10 seconds.

It wasn't a step in the right direction, it was just a step in a pointless direction.

MATT123456789

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2018, 12:28:16 am »
Memefreid get on duels rn

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2018, 12:30:13 am »

There is no one left in the community who overuses s key like Dante, so the rule is pointless. Don't know why all the "groupfighters" are pushing hard for this rule to exist.
I mean s key best key

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2018, 12:45:44 am »

Someones going to aggress, so an s keyer can s key all they want regardless of needing to throw an attack in 10 seconds.

Also, I played in the tournament that sleek talked about and for reasons stated above as well as others it changed literally nothing. The rule was implemented there to deal with situations they faced like Hokej v. Ledger who would go long periods of time without bothering to engage, just literally waiting for someone to lose patience first and others began adopting this sort of play style.

In NA, we don't really have people who will face off and neither will bother to do anything but wait for someone to lose patience.

Also as a sidenote, the rule wasn't even being implemented in this tournament correctly, to begin with. Anthony's intention was that you needed to attack within the first 10 seconds and after that doesn't matter. In the European tournament, you had to throw an attack within at least every 10 seconds.

It wasn't a step in the right direction, it was just a step in a pointless direction.
Agreed. I should have thought threw it more before accepting the rule. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2018, 01:07:40 am »

Also as a sidenote, the rule wasn't even being implemented in this tournament correctly to begin with. Anthony's intention was that you needed to attack within the first 10 seconds and after that doesn't matter. In the European tournament, you had to throw an attack within at least every 10 seconds.

I mean, fair enough, but I’ve watched enough duels in the last year that involve people holding an attack at distance and refusing to engage for literal minutes to wish for some rule or meta change that would discourage that sort of behaviour

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2018, 01:38:54 am »

I mean, fair enough, but I’ve watched enough duels in the last year that involve people holding an attack at distance and refusing to engage for literal minutes to wish for some rule or meta change that would discourage that sort of behaviour

That only happens in pub server ft7's and the like where someone has pretty much unlimited space.

If you host it on a map like the one I usually use for duel tournaments/leagues (green floor bunch of small arenas), a person can't s key for minutes without engaging. It just isn't possible.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2018, 02:00:50 am »
you just watch me Godfried, I'll make it happen!!

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2018, 02:28:18 am »
that green floor is cancer
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2018, 05:32:24 am »
that green floor is cancer
black is where it's at
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

David_Schrein

« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2018, 11:43:23 am »
Community Name: idk
Name to be used: movementthebutcher
Steam Link: u have me
Do you agree to rules stated above?: i guess
Regiment: 93rd

MATT123456789

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »
Black floor is the best. Makes the bayonet and character models stand out

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2018, 01:52:04 am »
a step in the right direction would be to remove the bug known as block chambering