Poll

Do you guys like 1v1 linebattles?

I am NCO/CO and i like them
I am NCO/CO and i dont like them
I am ranker and i like them
i am ranker and i dont like them

Author Topic: Do you guys like infantry 1v1 linebattles?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
  • Side: Confederacy
Do you guys like infantry 1v1 linebattles?
« on: November 10, 2022, 03:18:47 pm »
well, the question is pretty obvious, answers are anonymus so should be np to answer honest idk

Skaen

Re: Do you guys like infantry 1v1 linebattles?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 03:36:20 pm »
1v1s can be fun if you dont get shot every round and make it to a melee fight. As someone once said, a 1v1 is basically just taking a few shots at each other and then pretend its a groupfight. So I would take a 1v1 GF over a 1v1 linebattle everyday.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 04:37:03 pm »
Non campy 1v1s are enjoyable. Soon as one side hill camps, fun lost.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 05:36:27 pm »
1v1's were better back before people started doing bullshittery. 2018 and prior was fun.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 05:44:44 pm »
I've been NCO/CO/Ranker in plenty of regiments over my stupidly long NW lifetime and I've been through ups and downs with them, honestly now I don't mind them again if it's for a tournament such as EIC but anything outside of that I can't be assed for a 1-2 hour event of just camping which happens in most cases sadly when you play in a 'better' regiment.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Fluxyy

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 01:35:03 am »
GF > LB

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 01:47:21 am »
I’m bad at melee so yes, shooting in 1v1s is the only way I can feel useful and contributing to the regiment /s

on the real side having been both a ranker and a co I do still prefer 1v1s. The tactics and overall strategy is something I do genuinely enjoy, and watching 2 lines be disciplined, try to get tactical advantages or negate their own disadvantages is something that groupfighting doesn’t really have an equivalent for imo. I can see why (especially the most skilled) players might not like it and be frustrated, but personally I feel that 1v1ing combines everything I enjoy about the game into one: tactics, leadership, and melee.

And yeah, bit of truth in my joking statement. When I was a new player who hadn’t known how to melee whatsoever, 1v1ing allowed me to at least have some control and have fun, inspiring me to want play the game more.

Had my introduction to the game been through going 0-23 in a group fight I wouldn’t have stayed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 01:50:42 am by HuntehPetros »

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 11:46:31 am »
1v1 have more aspects than gf. Surely we can say that 1v1 contains GF.

In 1v1 officer can outplay giga GF stacks  with good shoots, and make advantage in GF.

Its more interesting than GFs when from begining we actually know that some regiments have stronger roster(which one leaves from regiment afrer another 2nd RGL place)

I remebmer that some 96y players were really good at shooting, so there is another chance for them to win something instead of 0 15 on GFs.

I like 1v1 tournaments. but i dont like practise matches.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:49:09 am by Arch4ngel »

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 01:06:59 pm »
Run in circles or camp a hill. Big fun.
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 01:45:47 pm »
Arty 1v1’s >>
CoC > any other team

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 01:46:01 pm »
Where's the I don't mind option Mauri!!
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2022, 03:12:31 pm »
I love doing 1v1's but getting the people motivated to do them is truly disgusting in the last 3 years. Also, camping regiments don't really help to have great pleasure in this format.

1v1's were better back before people started doing bullshittery. 2018 and prior was fun.
I can agree, back in the days 1v1's could range from 20-30 attendance, now in these days you gotta be lucky to have 15 =/+
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 03:17:06 pm »
I love doing 1v1's but getting the people motivated to do them is truly disgusting in the last 3 years. Also, camping regiments don't really help to have great pleasure in this format.

I can agree, back in the days 1v1's could range from 20-30 attendance, now in these days you gotta be lucky to have 15 =/+
I'm sure I've even been in 40+ 1v1's to be honest back in 91st/92nd days. Maybe also 14e/84e/17e and some others I may have forgotten.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2022, 04:34:55 pm »

I'm sure I've even been in 40+ 1v1's to be honest back in 91st/92nd days. Maybe also 14e/84e/17e and some others I may have forgotten.
Yeah possible, they were way larger which makes it more fun imo. Since regiments, don't mind going -5/6 since they can get that back even more easily. Now if you lose 3-5 guys its pretty hard to win the round when only having 10-12  people left haha.
Reason why 'weaker' regiments camp since they want that early advantage by shooting and camping on the hill to get that early advantage.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2022, 04:35:39 pm »
I enjoy 1v1's when Tav is the leader
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."