« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:53 pm »
Get the m4a1 with silencer and kobra! D:

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: WarZ
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 10:07:59 pm »
Found my first double barrel shotgun today, now the hunt begin for some appropiate ammo. :p

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 10:42:51 pm »
Sweet dude, you got that Coconut water! also, how the hell can you carry that many weapons or am i missing something?

I love my coconut water, i suggest c2o
Spoiler
[close]
Who does not love coconut water, i mean come on.... ;D

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 03:37:53 pm »
Sweet dude, you got that Coconut water! also, how the hell can you carry that many weapons or am i missing something?

I love my coconut water, i suggest c2o
Spoiler
[close]
Who does not love coconut water, i mean come on.... ;D

I loled ahah

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »
so the Stand-Alone came out...

Reactions?

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 07:49:43 pm »
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
Yet it's quite an enjoyable game.

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:33 pm »
Regardless the developers are ruining the image of it. I haven't played it but what they are doing is unethical, if you read the post it says that no refunds will be given out, which is apparently against the law, and also mis advertising the game to a bunch of people on steam has made a lot of people mad. Just pointing out the facts.
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 08:04:47 pm »
Yet it's quite an enjoyable game.
I wouldn't support anything of the sort.
At first, a simply gave credit to the devs of the WarZ for making the game. But now it is clear, the dev team is just a group of scam artist who have no real skill and are probably going to end up being sued.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:10:38 pm by Odysseus »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 08:56:34 pm »
And just when I thought I had found a realistic, enjoyable free-world zombiegame.  :-\

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 08:58:03 pm »
Day Z standalone will soothe your needs
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:33 pm »
Day Z standalone will soothe your needs
Indeed.

But do not buy The Warz.

A interview that reveals the truth.
Spoiler
Hammerpoint Interactive's The War Z shot straight to the top of the Steam Top Sellers' list after its surprise "Foundation" launch yesterday, and it's remained there throughout today. Despite its apparent success, all was not well in this post-apocalyptic zombie survival shooter land. Steam users who've bought The War Z, and those who'd bought into the alpha/beta period via the official site, quickly pointed out that the Steam store page made a series of promises that the game itself just doesn't keep. We got in touch with Hammerpoint's executive producer on The War Z, Sergey Titov, who spoke to us via IM to discuss the situation, how this incident came about, and what Hammerpoint plans to do about it. What he has to say indicates what appears to be a combination of a not-so-firm grasp of the English language and a startlingly cavalier attitude toward truth in advertising.

Before we dive into the transcript, which we're presenting only slightly edited to repair the overlapping chaos that inevitably happens in IM conversations and patch up some broken English, here's a brief summary of the events that led us here: Where the Steam store page promised multiple maps ranging in size from 100 to 400 square kilometers, buyers found just one roughly 100 square km map. Where it promised 100 players per server, it delivered just 50. Where it promised rentable private servers, levelable skills, and friends lists, there was simply nothing available but menu screen placeholders. That means that thousands -- likely tens of thousands (based on Steam's concurrent players stats) -- purchased this game while under the impression that had features it simply doesn't.

While the store information was amended this morning to move most of those claims -- except for the 100-player servers -- to an "upcoming features" section, that's a shocking breach of trust from the Steam's store, which has in the past been reliable when it comes to describing features. We've contacted both Valve and Hammerpoint for comment. Valve has yet to respond regarding its policy for fact-checking developer-supplied feature lists. We'll keep you posted on that, when and if we get a response.

GameSpy: Nice to meet you, Sergey. I have some questions about the Steam release of The War Z. It has been pretty irregular, and has raised a lot of concerns, and allegations of fraud. The description that was posted yesterday, and left unchanged for approximately 24 hours, promised numerous features that simply don't exist at the moment. During that time, The War Z became the top-selling game on Steam. So thousands of PC gamers purchased a product that made promises it couldn't deliver on. What led to those promises being made on the Steam store page, and how do you respond to people who are angry about being misled?

"I can assure you that based on what we're seeing and number of people who post bad comments are small percentage..."
 Sergey Titov: Our Steam store description contained information about what game features [were] planned for 2012-early 2013 content updates. Some of the features have been in game for a while, so -- actually two major things -- server rentals and Skill Trees, didn't make [it] into the game yet. This being said we've realized that layout and presentation of this information needs to be changed on the Steam page, which we did today in the morning. After we did it, we [are] still enjoying being [the] Number One top-grossing game on Steam at the moment. So my point is, yes, I'm sure that few players maybe be upset, but I can assure you that based on what we're seeing number of people who post bad comments are [a] small percentage of people who actually bought [the] game.

The original Steam store text, posted December 17th.

GameSpy: There's also the issue of the max players per server, which appears to be 50 in our testing but is still promised as 100 on the Steam page. It also claimed multiple areas of between 100 to 400 square kilometers, but delivered only one area of around 100 square kilometers. I'm sure that many people do enjoy playing The War Z, but the issue isn't whether it's a good game or a bad game. It's a matter of truth in advertising.

Sergey Titov: Max players -- I'm not sure why this is even an issue. [The] text clearly stated "up to 100 players." And 50 players [which] we have right now -- is what our players -- our community feels is comfortable level for them to play. We had it at 40, we've raised it to 70, and after that we've asked our players, "What you want this number to be for Colorado map?" Over 90,000 players took [the] survey and most of them said -- 50. This is why this number is set to 50 right now. Yet -- on your own private servers you will be able to set to 100 if you want :). Size of the area, once again, come on -- [the] first map is over 100 sq km :). So [the] text is right. And for our next big map, California, we're testing map size of 420sq km.

GameSpy: The original text, which was up for a day, claimed "A huge persistent world: The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers." "Each world" implies multiple worlds. "Areas" is plural, again implying multiple areas. It currently delivers just one area that does not approach 200km in size, much less 400. And do you not see it as a problem for the store to claim that I can play on a 100-player server, yet when I buy it, I am limited to playing on a 50-player server?

"'Over 100 sq km' falls in '100 to 400' right?"
Sergey Titov: Okay -- if text is saying "up to 100 players" -- yes, I may imagine situation when somebody will say "okay it HAVE TO BE 100." "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right? Okay my point is -- online games are [a] living breathing GAME SERVICE. This is not a boxed product that you buy one time. It's evolving product that will have more and more features and content coming it. This is what The War Z is.

GameSpy: I understand that. It is now a common practice for a game to add more features in the future. However, that is not what happened here. What happened here is that Hammerpoint claimed, through Steam, that these features exist today.

The updated Steam store text, posted December 18th.

Sergey Titov: I'm sure there'll be people who will look into small details and will say "no I was mislead," where in fact they imagined something to themselves without checking details first. I'm sure that Steam have it's refund policies that should handle those situations.

GameSpy: Steam is actually very stingy about refunds. However, in an unusual case like this, I imagine they'll be forced to make an exception. Does Hammerpoint have a system in place to refund customers who feel they've been misled by unfulfilled promises?

"It's up to Steam to decide if they provide or not refunds."
Sergey Titov: Hammerpoint, since its early stages of Alpha, provided refunds to players who can't play game for some reasons. We've granted refund to even those players who come top us and said -- your game is shit. And if we went and see that he played like 20 minutes, we've refunded him. Yet if somebody have played like 5-10 hours and decided he doesn't like game - we clearly didn't provided refunds to them. In [the] case of Steam -- it's up to Steam to decide if they provide or not refunds. I mean -- we do not have access to that part of the Steam ecosystem.

Let's be frank: when you read "up to 100 players" -- what does it mean to you personally? I mean, for me it doesn't mean that I will play with 99 other players. Really :) And yes game supports 100 players -- heck, it supports actually over 400 players per server as of today. Do we have servers launched with this number of slots? No we don't, because this is not what our players WANT.

GameSpy: Yes, frankly, it absolutely does mean that the game will support 100 players. Anything less is a false claim. You could just as easily claim your game will support up to a million players, and then say "Well, 50 is between one and a million." It would be absolutely fine for you to tune your game to what your players have told you that they want. What is not fine is for you to tell potential buyers that they will be able to do things in your game that they simply cannot do as it exists today. What you've done is the same as telling someone that the car you're selling can go 100mph, when in fact it can only go 50mph.

Sergey Titov: And we've corrected text on Steam. As I've said -- it was done less than 18 hours after we've started selling game. After that -- after text was changed -- over 7 hours passed.

GameSpy: Steam still says -- I'm looking at it right now -- "Up to 100 players per game server." That is a false claim.

Sergey Titov: Let me ask you -- what YOU think we should put there, since we do not know what number of slots will be on official servers tomorrow -- 20,30, 50, 70 or 100?

GameSpy: I think you should put the minimum you can deliver. If you deliver more, that's a bonus that no one can claim they were misled about. If you deliver less, you have failed to deliver on a promise.

Sergey Titov: Okay good point -- so you think that if we'll have server with 100 players up and running it means we've delivered even if everybody will hate it ?

GameSpy: If you believe everyone will hate it with 100 players, it is totally reasonable for you to turn down the maximum number of players. It is not reasonable for you to tell me I can play with 100 players and then only allow me to play with 50 players. Who is responsible for updating the Steam page text? Hammerpoint or Valve?

PR Rep: They do the actual updates based on info we send.

Some parts of The War Z are still labeled with "alpha test."

GameSpy: So, will you be sending them an updated version of the text that specifies that A) the current player cap is 50, and B) that this is a "foundational release," and not what people have come to expect of a finished product?

"I've asked if we can add [100+ player servers] quickly to public pool."
Sergey Titov: We have several private servers with over 100 slots on them. I think we [will] just tune it down to 100 slots and make it available to public. This is right thing to do as I think. We have demo servers with 130 and 150 players on them. But it's internal at the moment. I've asked if we can add them quickly to public pool.

Update: 100-player servers are now confirmed online.

GameSpy: That would be good. Will you be issuing an apology to people who purchased The War Z under the impression that features that are planned for the future exist today?

Sergey Titov: I think we'll do that by sending them personalized emails and explaining what to expect from the game now and in upcoming weeks/months. Bottom line - this is issue that affected at most few percent of active War Z audience and thus it should be dealt with on [a] case-by-case basis.

GameSpy: So, no public apology for misleading people on the Steam store page?

Sergey Titov: Actually we've already posted explanation on our forums that is available to public.

GameSpy: This post doesn't address the fact that there were false claims made.

Sergey Titov: I think there's difference between false claims and perception of the text.

GameSpy: There does not appear to be a reasonable way that this could be read any other way, when the sections are titled "About the game" and "Key features," and both contain things that do not yet exist.

Sergey Titov: Ah ok. Yes we're going to post about fact that information on the Store page was presented in incorrect format/layout. That was our mistake obviously. Which we've corrected early morning today.

Update: Titov has posted a new apology on The War Z's forums. However, it claims that we "misread information about game features," not that Hammerpoint incorrectly stated that features would be included.

GameSpy: Mostly corrected. Again, the Steam page still makes no mention of the fact that this is a "Foundation release." It is simply labeled as "The War Z."

Sergey Titov: What's difference ? I mean -- I'd love to adjust that BTW -- I just personally don't see what difference does it make? Ie -- THIS IS "THE WAR Z" game. It's not like there'll be "final release" or anything like this.

GameSpy: Then why was the press release sent out calling it a Foundation Release instead of simply a release?

"There's no such thing as 'Release' for an online game."
Sergey Titov: This is what we call it. There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game. More important - you can't just add "foundation release" or any other words to the title of the game on Steam. It's like -- The War Z is a title of the game. We can of course add VERSION in ABOUT GAME section....

GameSpy: So as far as you're concerned, The War Z is officially out of beta and fully released, correct?

Sergey Titov: Nope - there's no such thing as "fully released" for online game. As far as I'm concerned The War Z is in stage when we're ready to stop call it Beta. This is basic version - bones that we're going to add more and more "meat" - features and content in a coming months and hopefully years.

GameSpy: By "fully released," of course, I mean as released as any online game is at its official launch. For example, when PlanetSide 2 removed its beta label and opened its doors to the public, it was considered fully released even though it will obviously continue to evolve.

Can you tell us where we should direct players who are upset about inaccurate promises should go to request a refund? Should that be done through you, or through Steam support?

"Reeeeefunds. Reeeeeeeeefunds." (Read to tune of "Braaaaains!")

Sergey Titov: They should contact Steam support - we can't refund Steam payments since we do not have access to Steam for that. The way Steam works -- they're acting like any other retail outlet -- they sell the game, get payments from customers, they process refunds, fraud, etc and once in awhile they send us money with reporting on how many units were sold, fraud/refunds, etc... If [a] player bought [the] game from us directly -- they should use e-mail, phone numbers, or support website that's included on their receipts -- this is due [the] fact we're using numerous of payment providers.

GameSpy: Alright, thank you Sergey. We will pass that along. We appreciate your time.

Sergey Titov: As for information about Steam webpage -- we'll post [an] official explanation to our forums, and yes we'll apologize for presenting information in a way that allowed different interpretation. Such as "up to 100 player' issue :) -- clearly you think about it one way, myself and other people I just asked think it's totally acceptable to say this. But once again -- I personally think that bottom line is -- do we have happy players or not. At the end this is what we're aiming for.

Yes, we can all agree that happy players are the end goal of any game developer. But how you get there does matter, and this kind of behavior, whether it's negligence and miscommunication/mistranslation or (less likely in this case, because if so, why would he even talk to us?) a scam -- is completely unacceptable from game makers. What's even worse, though, is that Hammerpoint has cast a shadow of doubt over the other Steam store pages. Are they really not policed at all? It would seem not. Again, we'll let you know if we hear from Valve on that.

The other burning question right now is: is The War Z any good? Our thorough investigation -- aka "review" -- is underway now, so we'll let you know ASAP what we think of it. It should be noted, though, that even this kind of shocking behavior won't automatically deduct points from its score. Especially now that the Steam store page will (hopefully) be accurate by the time our review is posted, the review and score will be based on the condition of The War Z at the time.
[close]

And when hammerpoint tried to do statistics.

- 30% of our players played DayZ
- 70% of our players never played Dayz
- 5% of our players never heard about DayZ before they started looking into The War Z

This means that most of our players are new to the "genre" of zombie survival game. They either like zombie games, or they like MMO's or they like survival games. They do not play The War Z because they've been fans of Dayz or even played it.

So 30%, plus 5%, plus 70%... That equals 105%. Can that exist, not in this sense.

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79026-December-18th-Development-Update-Foundation-Release-features-hackers-issues-etc

One i was doing research today you start to dig up tons of evidence that the devs are, 1) scam artists 2) Unproffesional
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:10:24 pm by Odysseus »

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 09:24:38 pm »
They may have counted those 5% who never heard of DayZ as people who never played it as well, so in that sense it is possible for those statistics to be true. I wonder how they got those statistics though.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »
They may have counted those 5% who never heard of DayZ as people who never played it as well, so in that sense it is possible for those statistics to be true. I wonder how they got those statistics though.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's fake. Not the first time The WarZ team straight out lied.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:55:22 pm by Odysseus »

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:53 am »
Give this a read, it sums up the points the Reddit and Steam communities have brought up about the game.
http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?81084-Stop-sweeping-valid-concerns-under-the-rug-just-because-you-enjoy-the-game
These guys are absolutely awful. Never have I seen any devs lie so much.

Also,
http://m.kotaku.com/5969687/war-z-developer-on-steam-clusterfck-you-misread-the-description
Basically they give a completely BS feature list and instead of just taking responsibility for their mistake, they blame it on the community.

"We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features."
-Sergey Titov

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:05:12 am by Rigadoon »