Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic [MMO]  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic [MMO]
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 05:48:39 pm »
Update: I just completed Chapter 1: Sith Warrior and I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed myself so far. The focus on story rather than just pure grinding I think is what sets this apart from other MMOs for me. Aside from the crafting hindrance of being a F2P player, my only other complaint is the lack of customization/adaptability when it comes to lightsabers. You want to change your crystal? Either you need to grind for a while on crafting, which I wouldn't mind if I wasn't locked to only 1 crew skill for being F2P, or spend ass loads of money on the GTN on a crystal you might not be able to use as only subscribers get artifact authorization. I wish any lightsaber based class could use any combination of lightsabers they wish, but I understand there are abilities that go into each class that uses each type of lightsaber. I just find it dumb how you can only use one kind.

Despite my minor gripes, I still enjoy myself and definitely recommend it to anyone else who has been iffy about MMOs in the past.

fckin nerd

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 05:49:00 pm »
Update: I just completed Chapter 1: Sith Warrior and I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed myself so far. The focus on story rather than just pure grinding I think is what sets this apart from other MMOs for me. Aside from the crafting hindrance of being a F2P player, my only other complaint is the lack of customization/adaptability when it comes to lightsabers. You want to change your crystal? Either you need to grind for a while on crafting, which I wouldn't mind if I wasn't locked to only 1 crew skill for being F2P, or spend ass loads of money on the GTN on a crystal you might not be able to use as only subscribers get artifact authorization. I wish any lightsaber based class could use any combination of lightsabers they wish, but I understand there are abilities that go into each class that uses each type of lightsaber. I just find it dumb how you can only use one kind.

Despite my minor gripes, I still enjoy myself and definitely recommend it to anyone else who has been iffy about MMOs in the past.
Just ask on the imperial fleet "Hey can anyone spare 2 mil for I can buy this cool mount :D" and boom easy 2 mil right there and you get your crystal, this works just don't ask how I know

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2021, 07:35:54 pm »

Just ask on the imperial fleet "Hey can anyone spare 2 mil for I can buy this cool mount :D" and boom easy 2 mil right there and you get your crystal, this works just don't ask how I know
it actually works
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2021, 10:45:41 pm »

it actually works
Tried and true method
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2021, 10:46:36 pm »

it actually works
Tried and true method

LMAO. I don't wanna be that one cringe beggar in general chat smh

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2021, 12:10:17 am »

it actually works
Tried and true method

It is a fine delicate process. “Damn I’m 1.5 mil away from this [insert item you want here]. If anyone could help it’d be appreciated.”

You will then get about 1-6 messages from people offering to give you said amount of credits. You accept all their generous offers. Profit.

Also, offer to use someone’s referral for credits. Charge 20 million. People are willing to do it and you both get 7 days free subscription.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2021, 02:00:02 am »

it actually works
Tried and true method

It is a fine delicate process. “Damn I’m 1.5 mil away from this [insert item you want here]. If anyone could help it’d be appreciated.”

You will then get about 1-6 messages from people offering to give you said amount of credits. You accept all their generous offers. Profit.

Also, offer to use someone’s referral for credits. Charge 20 million. People are willing to do it and you both get 7 days free subscription.

To use a referral, don't you literally need to be a subscriber though?

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 03:13:01 am »

it actually works
Tried and true method

To use a referral, don't you literally need to be a subscriber though?
you gotta be a sub yes

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 04:37:17 pm »
Well. I randomly joined a flashpoint the other day, found this group of guys that invited me to their guild, ran another flashpoint with them, and started talking in their discord. One of them pulls me to the side in DMs and literally bought me a six-month subscription. I was a bit shocked and taken aback by it, tried telling him that wasn't necessary because I didn't have any real intentions of remaining in the guild, but he said he didn't care and he just wanted me to enjoy the game at its fullest extent. Really crazy day.

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2021, 10:39:20 pm »
Well. I randomly joined a flashpoint the other day, found this group of guys that invited me to their guild, ran another flashpoint with them, and started talking in their discord. One of them pulls me to the side in DMs and literally bought me a six-month subscription. I was a bit shocked and taken aback by it, tried telling him that wasn't necessary because I didn't have any real intentions of remaining in the guild, but he said he didn't care and he just wanted me to enjoy the game at its fullest extent. Really crazy day.
the swtor community amazes me everyday, genuine thoughtful people in an online video game. who woulda thought

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2021, 12:09:24 am »
the swtor community amazes me everyday, genuine thoughtful people in an online video game. who woulda thought
SWTOR community is too nice

yecgga

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2021, 10:03:58 am »
sell crystal 500k

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2021, 05:03:18 am »

Some of them can be toxic tbh, but I've noticed that the toxic players are literally far and few between. I have met some of the nicest people on SWTOR. You can ask general chat any question and they'll usually answer it pretty fast. The Dromund Kaas general chat is something else though. Some actual memers sit on that planet and lurk lol

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2021, 05:13:43 am »

Some of them can be toxic tbh, but I've noticed that the toxic players are literally far and few between. I have met some of the nicest people on SWTOR. You can ask general chat any question and they'll usually answer it pretty fast. The Dromund Kaas general chat is something else though. Some actual memers sit on that planet and lurk lol
Yeah Dromund Kaas is filled with alt right and alt left political arguments. Gets pretty awful lmao

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2021, 03:22:09 pm »

Yeah Dromund Kaas is filled with alt right and alt left political arguments. Gets pretty awful lmao

LMAO THIS. I was messing around on the planet and I look in chat and see them all debating racism and how "racism against whites is a myth" or some shit. I was just both in awe and crying of laughter at the same time over it.