Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25522 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Decade Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2021, 05:08:40 pm »
Best player of decade obviously RussianFury

Tho if it’s pure skill based Yoshie but this is DECADE
if it's pure skill based its a tough question, if it's overall skill as a player and leader I'd argue AsianP

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2021, 05:19:14 pm »
Why are we doing NW decade awards when NW is just 8 years old
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2021, 05:47:47 pm »
Why are we doing NW decade awards when NW is just 8 years old
Some of us need another monthly ego boost.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2021, 06:00:30 pm »

if it's pure skill based its a tough question, if it's overall skill as a player and leader I'd argue AsianP
I'd agree with this statement.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2021, 06:21:22 pm »

I’d still put Russian above and this isn’t just him being the loml

Russian’s won more tournaments than any other player and has consistently been a top player the last 6 years. I’d even say prime Russian vs prime AsianP Russian is the better gfer Asian the better dueler

This is debatable tho, also I wouldn’t be surprised if some people put Jackie as the best
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:23:04 pm by Wastee »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2021, 06:41:54 pm »
here come the historians

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2021, 06:45:26 pm »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2021, 07:04:43 pm »
I would like to nominate this as best Video
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2021, 07:51:22 pm »

Russian’s won more tournaments than any other player and has consistently been a top player the last 6 years. I’d even say prime Russian vs prime AsianP Russian is the better gfer Asian the better dueler

This is debatable tho, also I wouldn’t be surprised if some people put Jackie as the best
I think you are holding some bias there but you're entitled to your opinion. There's a thread that highlights the players with the most tournament wins of all time.. although it's probably a little outdated at this point. I remember seeing AsianP in the top 3 at least for most tournaments ever won, I think the others were like Tammo and Russian but even so it's close. When it comes to overall player skill though you have to include leading and I don't think it's very debatable if I were to say AsianP is tier(s) above RussianFury in this category not only because of what he's pioneered with leading but also what he's accomplished with his leading skill (not regimental skill) over the last decade, and no offense to what the LG's accomplished but I feel like late 2017 - 2020 is a very unimpressive era in NW in terms of regimental skill which is where we saw the LG dominate.

Spoiler

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »
best recruiter thx

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2021, 08:13:54 pm »
Spoiler

I think you are holding some bias there but you're entitled to your opinion. There's a thread that highlights the players with the most tournament wins of all time.. although it's probably a little outdated at this point. I remember seeing AsianP in the top 3 at least for most tournaments ever won, I think the others were like Tammo and Russian but even so it's close. When it comes to overall player skill though you have to include leading and I don't think it's very debatable if I were to say AsianP is tier(s) above RussianFury in this category not only because of what he's pioneered with leading but also what he's accomplished with his leading skill (not regimental skill) over the last decade, and no offense to what the LG's accomplished but I feel like late 2017 - 2020 is a very unimpressive era in NW in terms of regimental skill which is where we saw the LG dominate.

Spoiler
[close]
Yeah I operate the sheet of all tournament wins, AsianP has 4 less wins but only 7 first places whereas Russian has 15.

My opinion of the category is skill, not leadership (tho I still put Russian ahead on leadership)
Also bruh the last 4 years have been peak skill NW, there’s more competition at the highest level than ever before. I like you man but your only view into comp NW the last few years has been your occasional league you host where you primarily do administration work. You can have your opinions but they’re hardly well informed. Old gen “golden days” bias strikes again

LG, 40th, 6te, Godfreid Regs, I forget Jerrys reg name but that one, wipe the floor with old regs that were hailed as GOAT for beating on pub regs in 1v1s once a week.

Game competition didn’t deteriorate over time, it evolved. Now regiments are finally irrelevant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GhNLuzYxqw4z9t3r5Q8UbLNHOW_2O6qRkKR_XYgnhbQ/

On my phone over lunch sorry if this is incoherent as fuck

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2021, 08:17:02 pm »
Obviously I've been in and out for the last few years, but imo I still think JackieChan or AsianP are my two favorites for best.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2021, 08:21:44 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
Yeah I operate the sheet of all tournament wins, AsianP has 4 less wins but only 7 first places whereas Russian has 15.

My opinion of the category is skill, not leadership (tho I still put Russian ahead on leadership)
Also bruh the last 4 years have been peak skill NW, there’s more competition at the highest level than ever before. I like you man but your only view into comp NW the last few years has been your occasional league you host where you primarily do administration work. You can have your opinions but they’re hardly well informed. Old gen “golden days” bias strikes again

LG, 40th, 6te, Godfreid Regs, I forget Jerrys reg name but that one, wipe the floor with old regs that were hailed as GOAT for beating on pub regs in 1v1s once a week.

Game competition didn’t deteriorate over time, it evolved. Now regiments are finally irrelevant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GhNLuzYxqw4z9t3r5Q8UbLNHOW_2O6qRkKR_XYgnhbQ/

I'm sorry but you cannot argue that a prime LG wouldn't get washed by a prime 12th. (imo)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2021, 08:23:40 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

I'm sorry but you cannot argue that a prime LG wouldn't get washed by a prime 12th.
Do you even know who all makes up prime LG? Look at 70% of your last league’s participants.

Washes, easily. And I’m a 12th boy they made me who I am.

Piktonss rn would be a top 15 player in 2013

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2021, 08:25:04 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

I'm sorry but you cannot argue that a prime LG wouldn't get washed by a prime 12th.
Do you even know who all makes up prime LG? Look at 70% of your last league’s participants.

Washes, easily.

Piktonss rn would be a top 15 player in 2013
Like 90% of our remaining community were in the LG at some point, what's your point?