Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25570 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2021, 10:37:17 pm »
Spoiler
Ah yes, our inferior leading compared to the 30th. It's not like most of those rounds we missed close shots like this.

Spoiler

[close]

Also third month as a regiment and me as a leader. That's like comparing Aaron Rodgers first year as a QB and judging his career because of that.
I don't mean to put the 30th over the LG you guys are clearly the better regiment I meant to highlight how our regiment is kinda shit and how both of our leading here is very scuffed.. and if we're lookin' at the LGs history as a whole we gotta include the rough months pre-45e..

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Best player of decade obviously RussianFury

Tho if it%u2019s pure skill based Yoshie but this is DECADE
if it's pure skill based its a tough question, if it's overall skill as a player and leader I'd argue AsianP
I'd agree with this statement.
I%u2019d still put Russian above and this isn%u2019t just him being the loml

Russian%u2019s won more tournaments than any other player and has consistently been a top player the last 6 years. I%u2019d even say prime Russian vs prime AsianP Russian is the better gfer Asian the better dueler

This is debatable tho, also I wouldn%u2019t be surprised if some people put Jackie as the best
I think you are holding some bias there but you're entitled to your opinion. There's a thread that highlights the players with the most tournament wins of all time.. although it's probably a little outdated at this point. I remember seeing AsianP in the top 3 at least for most tournaments ever won, I think the others were like Tammo and Russian but even so it's close. When it comes to overall player skill though you have to include leading and I don't think it's very debatable if I were to say AsianP is tier(s) above RussianFury in this category not only because of what he's pioneered with leading but also what he's accomplished with his leading skill (not regimental skill) over the last decade, and no offense to what the LG's accomplished but I feel like late 2017 - 2020 is a very unimpressive era in NW in terms of regimental skill which is where we saw the LG dominate.

Spoiler
[close]
Yeah I operate the sheet of all tournament wins, AsianP has 4 less wins but only 7 first places whereas Russian has 15.

My opinion of the category is skill, not leadership (tho I still put Russian ahead on leadership)
Also bruh the last 4 years have been peak skill NW, there%u2019s more competition at the highest level than ever before. I like you man but your only view into comp NW the last few years has been your occasional league you host where you primarily do administration work. You can have your opinions but they%u2019re hardly well informed. Old gen %u201Cgolden days%u201D bias strikes again

LG, 40th, 6te, Godfreid Regs, I forget Jerrys reg name but that one, wipe the floor with old regs that were hailed as GOAT for beating on pub regs in 1v1s once a week.

Game competition didn%u2019t deteriorate over time, it evolved. Now regiments are finally irrelevant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GhNLuzYxqw4z9t3r5Q8UbLNHOW_2O6qRkKR_XYgnhbQ/

On my phone over lunch sorry if this is incoherent as fuck
I'm sorry but you cannot argue that a prime LG wouldn't get washed by a prime 12th.
Do you even know who all makes up prime LG? Look at 70% of your last league%u2019s participants.

Washes, easily.

Piktonss rn would be a top 15 player in 2013
Like 90% of our remaining community were in the LG at some point, what's your point?
[close]
my point is that melee has evolved exponentially since the 12th existed
and leading has exponentially degraded since the 12th existed
weird balance
this is so much cap I am in pain

I will get video evidence for you later don%u2019t worry
here's ur video evidence

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
Ah yes a three year old video of one of the three times the 30th played the LG

4 months into Russian and I%u2019s leading together extravaganza. Forget the other 3-4 years where we adapted new strategies and actually learned to play off each others leading styles and how to counter regiments that run

But wait if we tied Purple Panda but beat AsianP & Karth...PurplePanda better than AsianP and Karth???

I cannot tell if you%u2019re trolling me because you know this stuff tilts me or you%u2019re actually serious
It's mostly a joke because I know it tilts you..  :P
[close]
That's like comparing Aaron Rodgers first year as a QB and judging his career because of that. Furthermore, our regiment was still talented before the 45e merged into us. We lost a portion of our guys after NWL S7 due to the 3e reforming, but eventually began to win.
yall were good but the skill gap from 3eVolt to LG was obvious. Before 45e merged LG was some mid like LG was definitely the 2nd best regiment but 3eVolt was far better than the LG before the 45e joined.
3e and LG traded wins before and after the 45e merged. Under the 3e name they had more wins against us but we lasted longer and continued to grow

Also depends on if you count 91st, 42nd, and 98e as 3e or completely new regs
with that logic here wouldn't it just be agreed that 3e would've had that same progression if not better if they continued to be the 3e in the same span the LG was around. (that is if we are not counting 91st 42nd 98e, if we are counting these regiments as the 3e then I would say it's not even an argument at this point.)
Well LG was 16-5 vs 91st, 98e, and 42nd then after 42nd died LG mowed through mostly everyone until 40th formed then it was back and fourth wins again, but we got the IRL win

« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:41:47 pm by Wastee »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2021, 10:39:16 pm »
The 71st was the best regiment of the decade and I’m serious
For me it’s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

Also why do we still count Windflower as someone with any insight into competitive NW? Few notable accomplishments except for the admittedly successful PSG
rent free

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2021, 10:41:37 pm »
42nd comeback vs LG never forget!!  8)

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2021, 10:43:17 pm »

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2021, 10:51:57 pm »
That was a sad day

I’m puttin my historian glasses down for now but LG reg of decade lets goooo

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2021, 10:54:38 pm »
The 71st was the best regiment of the decade and I%u2019m serious
For me it%u2019s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

Also why do we still count Windflower as someone with any insight into competitive NW? Few notable accomplishments except for the admittedly successful PSG
why is the 71st ahead of those other regiments tho?

I think it has to be between LG 63e or 3e (if you count all the reforms)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 10:57:18 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2021, 10:57:27 pm »
For me it’s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

Because theodin was in the 71st first
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2021, 10:58:28 pm »
For me it’s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

the 71st should honestly only be included if you wanna talk about peaks or short spans, not the decade
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
Re: NW Decade Awards
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2021, 11:38:36 pm »
Why are we doing NW decade awards when NW is just 8 years old

;D ;D ;D

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2021, 11:57:03 pm »
For me it’s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

the 71st should honestly only be included if you wanna talk about peaks or short spans, not the decade
yes, my argument is that the peaks were the highest of everyone and therefore that should be the determining factor. which is also why the 12th is up there
but if you weigh more in terms of longevity then the 71st goes down a few spots

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
Re: NW Decade Awards
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2021, 12:09:39 am »
Why are we doing NW decade awards when NW is just 8 years old

;D ;D ;D
Typical European math smh
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2021, 12:33:49 am »
Take into account pure melee skill, shooting, longevity, competitiveness, leadership, and influence:

63e
3eVolt
LG
12th/18th
71st
PLG
LIR
USMC

These are the greatest regiments of all time. Not really up for debate.

In that order - debatable - but it is what I believe.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2021, 01:12:29 am »
The 71st was the best regiment of the decade and I%u2019m serious
For me it%u2019s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

yes, my argument is that the peaks were the highest of everyone and therefore that should be the determining factor. which is also why the 12th is up there
I don%u2019t even think their peak was the highest. I%u2019m too lazy to check but didn%u2019t they tie the 63e in NWL and just barely win by points?

As much as I hate to admit it I think the 63e are at the top/near the top for any category besides like individual skill
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 01:17:28 am by BabyJesus »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2021, 01:16:20 am »
For me it’s
71st
63e
LG
12th
3e and other reforms

I don’t even think their peak was the highest. I’m too lazy to check but didn’t they tie the 63e in NWL and just barely win by points?
that 63e was an all time crew. people forgot the melee competence in that lineup, plus the insane shooting and leadership they had. they were a top tier reg

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2021, 01:24:50 am »
Old gens rule new gens drool
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know