Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524804 times)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5190 on: June 02, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »
What is with these solidarity marches in New Zealand and Ireland? Aren't mass gatherings banned?

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5191 on: June 02, 2020, 08:27:47 pm »
Media last week: If you don't stay at home, you are an awful human being. You are killing people by doing so.

Media today: Trump is a dictator for sending in the National Guard after governors and mayors failed to protect their cities from rioting and looting.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: June 02, 2020, 08:38:05 pm »
Media last week: If you don't stay at home, you are an awful human being. You are killing people by doing so.

Media today: Trump is a dictator for sending in the National Guard after governors and mayors failed to protect their cities from rioting and looting.
There are people who preached social distancing and mask wearing two weeks ago that are now ustifying mass gatherings in order to protest police brutality. They follow whatever the narrative is.

This was in Europe just yesterday (I think Dublin?)

Spoiler
[close]

Of course, I can't exactly blame the Gardai for not doing anything to break it up. They would probably be called racist and accused of being complacent in the grand takeover of "White Supremacy".

Europeans, for whatever reason, are so enamored with American politics that they prioritize meaningless acts of camaraderie over their own citizen's health. We are doomed.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5193 on: June 02, 2020, 09:03:50 pm »
That's a little far to say we are  "enamored with American politics". I'm pretty sure there was only 1-2 protests in London of maybe a few hundred people and they were shut down quickly and many arrested for breaking the social distancing laws, and from British media reaction it looked like most people disliked them for breaking the social distancing.

But are you surprised people are out protesting when it's being blasted over the news 24/7, or do you think police brutality and racism only exists in America ?

George Floyd death happened in America doesn't make racism and police brutality an "american" issue.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: June 02, 2020, 09:42:17 pm »
What I mean is that the stupidest thing to come out of this is that most Americans aren't seeing a damn issue with the riots and any collateral damage since they are based off of Floyd's death. Right before this happened you would been lambasted for having the nerve to walk around without a mask. That's all gone now. Even if the deaths spike, it will be ignored.

I'm confused because this is blatant bandwagoning. None of this is likely going to matter in a few months once we find something else to get outraged over. It's just like the poor Palestinians: one of them gets brutalized by the IDF, protests kick off on the Strip, few other countries join in, and then everyone forgets within a month. The media is partly responsible, but it also our own fault that we forget about news that isn't deemed to be trendy.

Police brutality isn't strictly an American issue obviously, but we absolutely are the worst when it comes to it (in terms of the first world). It's not even close. 950 on average are killed a year. 97% of the police responsible are let go without being reprimanded. There is literally no comparison. We send outdated military equipment to trigger-happy, poorly trained maniacs who uphold a deeply racist institution that has no hope of reformation without accountability. You know how other countries would consider their police incidents to be mostly isolated and not representative of the whole force? The complete opposite is believed here. Unless you dig your head into the sand and go blah blah blah all day, it becomes clear that US cops are on a power trip with minimal restraint being exercised.

We even have a website dedicated to it since it's so bad: https://mappingpoliceviolence.org

I'd go as far as to say that the problem is based in just how low the standards are for joining. They are ill-trained and with no consideration for others. This whole "notallcops" bullshit just distracts from the actual issue being faced.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: June 02, 2020, 09:45:37 pm »
I have to say though that as a trump supporter (now ex) I am highly disappointed with trumps leadership (or rather lack of) and decision making. With corona and now the riots. If this continues, I think there is a decent chance of there being a full-scale uprising/real martial law/civil war? (lol). I think that we're never going to fully recover from this. Also I hope this triggers some event that fully dismantles the worthless Republicans and democrats. The fact that I have to choose between a retarded neocon shill and a pedophile with dementia is absurd
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Phailur

« Reply #5196 on: June 02, 2020, 10:23:21 pm »
Girls are posting black screens on social media - sums up european response

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #5197 on: June 02, 2020, 10:31:22 pm »
Probably the most annoying part of it

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: June 02, 2020, 10:55:11 pm »
Ireland looking real nice right now

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5199 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:26 am »
Ireland looking real nice right now
Very low tax rate for companies, but if you’re looking for the last vestiges of in-Christian religious warfare it’s your island

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5200 on: June 03, 2020, 04:50:21 am »
Probably the most annoying part of it
I dont blame euro's all women are sheep. Thinking they're going against the system when all of their friends and the media are constantly telling them what to do

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5201 on: June 03, 2020, 08:16:28 am »
Honestly BLM should be declared a terrorist organisation at this point.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: June 03, 2020, 05:46:11 pm »
Honestly BLM should be declared a terrorist organisation at this point.

thank you sean hannity

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #5203 on: June 03, 2020, 08:12:38 pm »
I dont mind the slogan Black Lives Matter, or even these riots and lootings, its annoying to see but its not what makes me the most mad about this whole thing. The worst thing about this whole movement is that its based on an entirely misguided narrative. That cop should be punished for what he did and people do have a right to be mad about it. But the bottom line is that racist cops arent the underlining problem with the Black community today. If you put every racist cop behind bars right now the black community would be only microscopically better off tomorrow than it was today. The big problems; violent crime, poverty, single parenthood, education; would not have changed. The worst part is when people think this is some turning point akin to the civil rights movement in the 60's. You have to take some of the aforementioned problems head on if you want change, which is exactly what this movement is not doing. Theyre taking the legitimate problems of the black community and saying "this is all the fault of police." Reform the police force all you want but these protests arent going to change anything which is sad to see.

Trump got the military going in
I got my 1 way ticket to Brussels ready to go
Fuck you America
Sanders America is one of the least racist countries on the planet. One moment of racial tension doesnt define the whole damn country. Move to Belgium if you want, youll find its not some post racial paradise like youre expecting.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #5204 on: June 03, 2020, 09:00:49 pm »
People take for granted how diverse America really is lol. All things considered we easily are one of the most inclusive countries in the world. There are some really backwards places still out there even in first world countries.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.