Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 526313 times)

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
  • Side: Neutral
Is Le Pen actually winning in France?
Sure lol
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5146 on: May 23, 2020, 12:37:27 pm »
any 1 antifascist here or just cunts?

I'd rather be a fascist than an antifa.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: May 29, 2020, 06:13:16 pm »
Tragic how the public responds to the tragedy at Minneapolis.  Unacceptable. Prayers for all the normal and peaceful citizens <3
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5148 on: May 29, 2020, 06:25:21 pm »
Tragic how the public responds to the tragedy at Minneapolis.  Unacceptable. Prayers for all the normal and peaceful citizens <3
What's currently happening is unfortunate but entirely unpreventable. Whether or not race relations are as bad as claimed by the media, it's clear that they have won the war on information in this category. The message is set and there is no going back now. Much like the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, George Floyd's death will once again bring to attention the injustices and prejudices African-Americans face on a daily basis. It's obvious that looting and burning won't do much to help the cause, and they will use Floyd's death as justification for their actions. Collateral damage is never taken out of definition quite like it is when there is a martyr involved. There's this section in "The Anarchist's Cookbook" I believe that focuses on a similar issue to the one in question. It extrapolates from historic examples that humans, no matter their class, color, or sex, will exploit a crisis for their own benefit (and potentially amusement). The scapegoat here is the police. In terms of scale, the situation and perspective has gotten so bad that there isn't anything (barring maybe hanging the guilty officers publicly) that will appease the public. They are the perfect scapegoat, and will be used as such to substantiate any acts of civil disobedience that may occur.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: May 29, 2020, 06:29:55 pm »
yes it is tragic that the police officer can run off to his vacation home in florida after murdering someone

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: May 29, 2020, 06:37:53 pm »
yes it is tragic that the police officer can run off to his vacation home in florida after murdering someone
The US police force is interesting in the fact that it rarely, if ever, calls out it's own members for illegal acts. They are very tight knit, and close ranks when the situation calls for it.

Half of the cops who partook in Rodney King's beating got 30 months (eventually reversed), the other half got off scot-free. Even after the video footage and one of the worst riots in American history, they STILL defend their actions.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: May 29, 2020, 06:45:54 pm »
The US police force is interesting in the fact that it rarely, if ever, calls out it's own members for illegal acts. They are very tight knit, and close ranks when the situation calls for it.

Half of the cops who partook in Rodney King's beating got 30 months (eventually reversed), the other half got off scot-free. Even after the video footage and one of the worst riots in American history, they STILL defend their actions.
pretty sure the guy from the "I can't breathe" from NYC is still employed by NYPD too.

https://twitter.com/dyllyp/status/1266107862918377472

another yikes

Phailur

« Reply #5152 on: May 29, 2020, 07:34:20 pm »
the burnings g00chee

the l00tings - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: May 29, 2020, 07:57:34 pm »

Yes, I'm in no way defending the police officer. I'm just calling out the uncalled for and pathetic actions of all the protestants involved in the vandalism.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: May 29, 2020, 08:15:25 pm »

Yes, I'm in no way defending the police officer. I'm just calling out the uncalled for and pathetic actions of all the protestants involved in the vandalism.
Figures that it would be Protestants involved. Where are my fellow minimalist Fraticelli practitioners at?

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: May 29, 2020, 08:19:29 pm »
I am currently on the way to become a Police Officer in Germany. You have to study for 3 Years to become a Police Officer and you are required to pass multiple Psychological Screenings.

We learnt to take care of People in our custody in our first week, and how fast people can choke.

The Fact that American Cops are trained for 2 MONTHS is absolutely insane. That Cop murdered that Man and I think it is completely legit that the People there are currently rioting.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: May 29, 2020, 08:25:46 pm »
Looting and destroying properties will sure help their case lul @caz

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: May 29, 2020, 08:40:43 pm »
Kore how would you try and change a corrupt system?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: May 29, 2020, 09:03:15 pm »
Well, the problem with their riots is that it essentially serves a self-defeating purpose. The American Justice system absolutely is beyond fucked, but what's happening now isn't going to accomplish anything. Nothing short of marching Capitol Hill in the millions will make Washington change their minds. They directly profit off of this system, so it makes sense that they only offer empty platitudes instead of meaningful legislation. Their anger is justified, now they just need to direct it at the people who actually dictate this shit.

The only way I can see change done in the coming weeks (without doing anything said above), is the National Guard pulling another Kent State, this time with a much higher death toll. The outrage will be nationwide, maybe even global. D.C. will be forced to act due to collapsing public opinion. Barring that, have fun with keeping up on our broken administration.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:08 pm »
Simple! I’m abandoning this shit hole of a country and moving to Belgium soon