Author Topic: Protests in Baltimore  (Read 16814 times)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Protests in Baltimore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 11:49:23 am »
I pray that the law abiding citisens in the area are locked and loaded.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 12:09:03 pm »

Can people seriously believe these two combine?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 12:19:58 pm »

Is it so wrong that I don't wish to see some family's business get destroyed and their life taken away from them?

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 12:27:18 pm »
I'm with the rioters on this one. Good on them.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »
Its a riot bro, shit gets destroyed, shops get looted, people get robbed, its not supposed to be pretty, its not supposed to be orderly, its not supposed to be friendly. Riots are one of the strongest political actions a group of people can make, and focusing on the individual injustices that occur in them (and don't get me wrong my friend, there are many), trivializes what is causing people to take this kind of drastic action in the first place. I understand that you have good intentions, and that you don't like watching people get robbed (I do not enjoy it either), but its important that you understand this.
+1
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 06:13:43 pm »

Yeah, how dare people seriously believe others should have the right to self defense. The police will protect us, guys! Who needs weapons they're scawy.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »
Its a riot bro, shit gets destroyed, shops get looted, people get robbed, its not supposed to be pretty, its not supposed to be orderly, its not supposed to be friendly. Riots are one of the strongest political actions a group of people can make, and focusing on the individual injustices that occur in them (and don't get me wrong my friend, there are many), trivializes what is causing people to take this kind of drastic action in the first place. I understand that you have good intentions, and that you don't like watching people get robbed (I do not enjoy it either), but its important that you understand this.

Bullshit. You don't need to loot and destroy for political action. It just shows that inability of protesters to organize and the general disinterest for whatever some of them claim to be the cause. Rioting isn't the strongest political action, violence is.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:01 pm »
Rioting isn't violent?

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 06:53:49 pm »
Freddy did dope and sold dope. He deserved to die. That's what I understood from this thread.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 07:03:11 pm »
I can't hear any of you over the sound of my white male Christian privilege.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3971/escvs36x_jpg.htm

Im not a racist person. But
I am so glad you clarified that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:05:47 pm by Turin Turambar »
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:54 pm »
Here are my thoughts on this whole race issue in media recently. Although i sympathize greatly with the victims and the victims families, i believe the media has used this as a reason to spark outrage which generates more people watching their shows. This isn't even entirely a race issue, it's a police aggression issue. You have to look at it from a case by case basis because you will see that sometimes it is a race issue, sometimes it is a poverty issue, sometimes it is a gang issue, and sometimes it's something else entirely. All of these examples are collectively what is wrong with many police departments in our country. Instead of these massive protests/riots over the death of an individual black man, it should be peaceful protests to train and desensitize police, stop giving them military grade weapons but start giving them military weapons training (Not pointing guns at people when they don't intend to kill). Race is a very small part of the bigger problem at hand.

Side Note: Many of the police officers who are committing these murders need to be put in jail.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 07:14:56 pm »
I bet 3/4 of the rioters never knew him, don't know why he was arrested in the first place, and don't know what his health was like. All in all, they want attention and better jobs. News flash, you have to work for those yourselves like the millions of Black Americans who lead a very good life style.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 07:16:51 pm »
Rioting isn't violent?

Compare 'violence' to a military campaign without unnecessary killing, and compare rioting to Russia in Chechnya, and you have a pretty good idea what I'm trying to say.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 07:25:06 pm »
I bet 3/4 of the rioters never knew him, don't know why he was arrested in the first place, and don't know what his health was like. All in all, they want attention and better jobs. News flash, you have to work for those yourselves like the millions of Black Americans who lead a very good life style.
Waste, i sort of feel like you don't understand the whole story behind this mess :3 Police can't just kill people without good reason yet they do, that's the problem.

Refer to my previous post,
Spoiler
Here are my thoughts on this whole race issue in media recently. Although i sympathize greatly with the victims and the victims families, i believe the media has used this as a reason to spark outrage which generates more people watching their shows. This isn't even entirely a race issue, it's a police aggression issue. You have to look at it from a case by case basis because you will see that sometimes it is a race issue, sometimes it is a poverty issue, sometimes it is a gang issue, and sometimes it's something else entirely. All of these examples are collectively what is wrong with many police departments in our country. Instead of these massive protests/riots over the death of an individual black man, it should be peaceful protests to train and desensitize police, stop giving them military grade weapons but start giving them military weapons training (Not pointing guns at people when they don't intend to kill). Race is a very small part of the bigger problem at hand.

Side Note: Many of the police officers who are committing these murders need to be put in jail.
[close]