Author Topic: Syriza won elections in Greece  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Johann

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Syriza won elections in Greece
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 03:07:04 am »
Yeah, maybe one should try to speak with other countries and be friends with them. That's diplomacy. And there were genocides on both sides. But this happened in the past and to live in a better future both countries should exchange views and work together in a peaceful manner.

Well, if both sides would put the past and their ultranationalistic tendencies aside, then maybe. But that will never happen. They do both hate each other. Especially Turkey. Turks have been indoctrinated with ultranationalism since Ataturk founded the republic. I feel as if they worship him.

If you think Turks worship Ataturk then Recep Tayyip Erdogan would not be in power. He's crushed everything Ataturk has made and is trying to turn the country into islamist sharia law state.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:24 am »
If you think Turks worship Ataturk then Recep Tayyip Erdogan would not be in power. He's crushed everything Ataturk has made and is trying to turn the country into islamist sharia law state.
ok
<3

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 04:10:33 am »
Yeah, maybe one should try to speak with other countries and be friends with them. That's diplomacy. And there were genocides on both sides. But this happened in the past and to live in a better future both countries should exchange views and work together in a peaceful manner.

Well, if both sides would put the past and their ultranationalistic tendencies aside, then maybe. But that will never happen. They do both hate each other. Especially Turkey. Turks have been indoctrinated with ultranationalism since Ataturk founded the republic. I feel as if they worship him.

Bit of an overstatement, but yeah Erdogan is supporting ISIS militants. Probably because they are fighting Kurdish militants and taking the heat off of the Turkish armed forces in Kurdistan.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 04:29:50 am »
It was on my agenda, but with the start of the new semester I decided it was best to concentrate on my studies.

Studies of fascism and deception.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 05:38:56 am »
Turkey is no European country. Nonetheless it would fit more than Ukraine for example. But I don't like the existence of the EU anyway, so whatever.

Turkey (the region) has been influencing Europe for the past fifteen hundred yea-

I mean, they are left-wingers which is bad. But I for example really like their foreign-policy agenda.

Nevermind I forgot you were like 14 years old
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:41:39 am by Grantrithor »

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 07:42:45 am »

Bit of an overstatement, but yeah Erdogan is supporting ISIS militants. Probably because they are fighting Kurdish militants and taking the heat off of the Turkish armed forces in Kurdistan.

Not really, he just wants to dispose of Bashar al Assad, he first tried to use the Muslim Brotherhood, who failed him, and now he is trying his luck with IS, I mean, it's quite obvious when some militants are found with Turkish weapon caches.

All he wants is to restore Turkey to the glory days of the Ottoman empire, he even had his guards wear some Ottoman-era armour when greeting Mahmoud Abbas.

I don't really have a problem with Erdogan, he's a smart guy and I like the way he is taking Turkey, but not his policy of helping IS.

Spoiler
[close]

no

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:11 am »

He's coming for you fucking greks.
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 10:37:08 am »
Ultimately SyrizA won't be able to save Greece from the crisis, but the problems Syriza creates for the EU, and the political leverage it gains from creating these problems is substantial enough to - at least temporarily - improve things in Greece.

As for the long term market, a historical crash is potentially imminent. Podemos are gaining even more momentum in Spain, and other anti-EU parties are also growing by the second. Creditors are getting scared shitless and either the success or failure of Syriza will lead to catastrophic losses for the creditors and world-class capitalists alike.

Syriza are not the solution to the crisis, they are a catalyst for change. Whether the change is good or bad depends on whether the EU has enough tricks under their sleeve to cripple Syriza and blame the left via mainstream media, or whether Syriza are strong enough to encourage other EU states to follow their suite.

Either one of these outcomes will be detrimental to the markets, but if the markets are fraudulent, they deserve to fail.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 11:46:07 am »
Oh please. Sweden isn't sovereign because it has to accept laws concerning how much bad shit Swedish producers can put in their food?

Most laws of the EU are about safety and environment anyway. The kind of things that would get fucked if let to each country.

In Costa v ENEL [1964] ECR 585 the European Court of Justice held that in situations where there is a conflict between the laws of member states and European Union law, European Union law prevails, because "a subsequent unilateral act incompatible with the concept of the Community cannot prevail".

Whatever law is made in a foreign country I wont follow.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2015, 11:58:46 am »
Oh please. Sweden isn't sovereign because it has to accept laws concerning how much bad shit Swedish producers can put in their food?

Most laws of the EU are about safety and environment anyway. The kind of things that would get fucked if let to each country.

In Costa v ENEL [1964] ECR 585 the European Court of Justice held that in situations where there is a conflict between the laws of member states and European Union law, European Union law prevails, because "a subsequent unilateral act incompatible with the concept of the Community cannot prevail".

Whatever law is made in a foreign country I wont follow.

+1 . Your country isn't meant to be like this forum where some Dutch cunts tell you what to do.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2015, 02:13:08 pm »
But it isn't a law made in a foreign country.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
That is total Bullshit. When a country joins the European Union fully, it should accept that it now has to follow the rules that this Union is setting.
It's not like they have no say in that Union, you know.
If they don't accept the laws/rules that the EU is passing, they better get out of the European Union. Because the entire reason to have that Union is to be a UNION.

Not accepting certain laws that the EU is passing is like saying that if the government decides to pass a law that all cars have to drive on the left side, anyone who doesn't like that law can just ignore it and drive on the right.

The European Union and the EU Goverment are democratically elected, its not like it is a Dictatorship. If you want to pass a new law, but don't get enough votes for that law, then you just have to live with it... On the other hand, if someone else passes a law that you don't like, you also have to live with it. Democracy is democracy...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:31:27 pm by Olafson »

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2015, 06:44:22 pm »
Fuck it. Secede now.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2015, 06:50:26 pm »
You can't secede from something that you never entered.

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:32 pm »
Lets have UKIP in power so he can take a shit on EU more