Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 186484 times)

Offline DeriousGaming

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #270 on: May 09, 2016, 05:42:56 am »
I need to know, is there a way to publish a map, and if so how?
I want to know this because I'm planning a surprise map making for my friends regiment, but don't know how to publish said map.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 09, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »
I need to know, is there a way to publish a map, and if so how?
I want to know this because I'm planning a surprise map making for my friends regiment, but don't know how to publish said map.
Publish a map? You upload it to the server-side Napoleonic Wars folder under SceneObj folder for the .sco files. And if necessary alter the chosen map's terrain code in scenes.txt. I am not entirely sure what you mean with 'publish' a map. I mean you can upload said map to Mediafire, Google drive, etc.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Nekro

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 1te Garde Regiment zu Fuß
  • Nick: 1teGarde_Grd_Nekro
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »
Or use this link to publish your maps. https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=391.0
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
- Socrates

Offline Xenoyia

• Second Lieutenant
  • 🏴36th_BritMaj_Xenoyia
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xenoyia
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2016, 01:54:08 pm »

What could cause this? the map is around 160 Y, and even if I double the height this still happens in some places. There's no water in the map, either.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2016, 02:31:20 pm »
Look at the map's entry in scenes.txt. The number before terrain code is water level, try setting it to lower value (terrain code is the thing that looks something like this 0x000000023002a1ba0004210900003ca000006a8900007a7b).

In example below, I highlighted number which is water level with bold

("mp_bavarian_river",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x00000001300005000008621800007b270000060500000d0b",
     [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:33:20 pm by Grozni »

Offline Xenoyia

• Second Lieutenant
  • 🏴36th_BritMaj_Xenoyia
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Xenoyia
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
Look at the map's entry in scenes.txt. The number before terrain code is water level, try setting it to lower value (terrain code is the thing that looks something like this 0x000000023002a1ba0004210900003ca000006a8900007a7b).

In example below, I highlighted number which is water level with bold

("mp_bavarian_river",sf_generate,"none", "none", (0,0),(100,100),-100,"0x00000001300005000008621800007b270000060500000d0b",
     [],[],"outer_terrain_plain"),

omg I love you

thank you, that worked

Offline Archduke

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2016, 07:09:02 am »
How do you create your own terrain/new map that is completely flat? I want to make a custom map, but I'd rather not replace another already present map.

Offline Ketzl

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2016, 10:27:52 pm »
on some maps arty is disabled, is there any way to undo that (i dont mean in the admin panel manner, because we've disabled class limits)

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2016, 01:33:29 pm »
How do you create your own terrain/new map that is completely flat? I want to make a custom map, but I'd rather not replace another already present map.
if you scroll back from ambush in scene edit mode you will get to the custom maps though i'm not sure how to make them playable on severs sorry. i normally just replace :(

anyone know how to make it possible to make custom maps playable on servers?

on some maps arty is disabled, is there any way to undo that (i dont mean in the admin panel manner, because we've disabled class limits)
try looking for an object called mm_spawn_restriction or something like that (in the side menu) see if deleting that works
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Ketzl

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2016, 02:04:02 pm »
try looking for an object called mm_spawn_restriction or something like that (in the side menu) see if deleting that works
there is no mm_spawn_restriction object in the game, in fact the only objects are Entry points 0, 32 and mm_spawn_with_cannon, (spawn_with_cannon was added by me to try to get artillery to work with no avail) the map is effectively a random map but with 0% chance to spawn massive hills, which we use in linebattle events.

I believe that you can set the server up so that when a certain map is finished (eg timer runs out or round limit is reached) then it will autocycle through the custom maps IDK how to implement this though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:05:42 pm by Ketzl »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2016, 03:43:47 pm »
You can make a rotation of maps that includes custom maps.  You make the rotation in the server configuration file or in your nw battle text file (not the one that starts the server) 

Problem is if the maps that you want to play are not on the list of maps to choose from, you can't manually select it in server.  However if they are in the rotation, once the map you are on ends, it will resume with the rotation.  That is why replacing maps you normally don't play on or plan on playing on with custom maps is a good idea.  That way you can test it out or other wise play it when you want.

Been a while since i map made but You have to change the variables on spawn with cannon prop.  If you are in scene editing mode, hit show game rules.  It has a bunch of the info there.  You could also look at the how to map thread for nw on taleworlds(believe it's in op)  spend a few min reading about whatever part you are working and it should answer your questions. 

As for starting with a flat map for map making.   It is possible and I would recommend it.  Every time you chang terrain height, it makes the download longer.  You can make a flat map for 1kb. (Well that is what shows up in game when they dl)  no map should really be more than 15-30 sec dl imo.  The 1 -2 min ones are ridiculous. Tells you they made a bunch of mistakes, lots of terrain changing, they didn't start from scratch and building off an old map, or most likely a bunch of pointless unnecessary props.   Not even the monster size maps should be a min+ dl  imo
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Ketzl

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2016, 03:58:40 pm »
Been a while since i map made but You have to change the variables on spawn with cannon prop.  If you are in scene editing mode, hit show game rules.  It has a bunch of the info there.  You could also look at the how to map thread for nw on taleworlds(believe it's in op)  spend a few min reading about whatever part you are working and it should answer your questions. 

how exactly do i show game rules?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »
Hit escape and it will be there in the menus.   Jusnlike mute player, options, etc,. Won't be abe to look while your placing props I believe.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Ketzl

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:34 pm »
ok i've had a look through that and all it says about artillery is that the addition of mm_spawn_with_cannon needs to be present on the map for arty trains to spawn. That is not the issue i am having. I have not got class limits disabled and the map has that object, but i cannot choose artillery units, any artillery units. Be they ranker, sergeant, or officer none of them are selectable and are greyed out.
(for clarification the mapmaking thread is pretty much what i've used to learn this stuff so it isnt in there)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:28:18 pm by Ketzl »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »
spr_mm_spawn_with_cannon # If added to the map artillery sergeants spawn with the cannon. and rocketeer troops spawn with rocket placement. unless var 1 is set;
var1 = spawn limitation;
             1= Spawn with cannons only
             2 = Spawn with rockets only
^^for everyone.

Not sure why you can't spawn as a ranker.  Having trouble spawn as anything else?  Double check class limits are off.

And If memory serves you can't use arty in scene editing mode. Tho I don't recall this restricting you from spawning as arty ranker.

Typing from my phone so how much I can help you is limited