Poll

Would you like an ignore thread/board option?

Yes
No

Author Topic: I humbly request an 'Ignore Board/Thread' mod to be installed  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
  • Side: Union
I humbly request an 'Ignore Board/Thread' mod to be installed
« on: November 12, 2012, 04:57:20 pm »
As there was no subforum pertaining to the administation of the forum, I had to post this in Off Topic.

My basic request is that this SMF mod is installed to this forum. I would be very grateful to the forum administrators if they could do this, and here's why:

On the taleworlds forum, there were way too many threads that did not interest me. When I clicked "Show unread posts" I could not be bothered to scroll through pages and pages of threads under the forums of native, with fire and sword, mapping, historical discussion, and all of the non-English forums, just on the off chance I found a thread that piqued my interest. So I barely used the taleworlds forums.

However, I'd like to participate more in discussions on these new FSE forums, but when I click "Show unread replies" I'm bogged down with 10 pages of updated threads, most of which I don't care about. Thankfully I feel that this is a community which listens to new ideas, so I have no hesitation in suggesting this as I do it now. If I could possibly just ignore the boards and threads that I no longer want updates from, I would be a much happier and more active forum user.

Administrators, please fairly consider this; FSE forum users, please let me hear your views on the mod, and hopefully your support.

Thank you,
Jay_One

EDIT: Hooray! New board "Forum Suggestions" and my thanks to whomever made it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:37:20 pm by Jay_One »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
Re: I humbly request an 'Ignore Board/Thread' mod to be installed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »
Btw. I totally forgot to post in here. I added the mod, as requested.

Offline Jay_One

• Donator
  • 84e Retired Prison Guard
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jay_One
Re: I humbly request an 'Ignore Board/Thread' mod to be installed
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »
Btw. I totally forgot to post in here. I added the mod, as requested.

Oh wow, thank you so much Olafson.