Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216680 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 12:20:05 am »
Can you make it so a player can only ever play for 1 rgl reg during the season.

They should also be in 1 reg and not a casual. This just means people effectively merc for RGL.

So when i play 4 days in week as merc for some small reg and play just RGL for a participating regiment isnt it more like mercing for the RGL regiment ? Isn t this a bit too much forcing a player to be in only one reg in 6 years old mod with only some 150+ active compet players ?

I agree, with you salakien here, and bob I agree with the players should stick to 1 regiment and can not join other regiments particiapting in the RGL. For instance Bandej plays for the 43rd which is some tiny regiment which plays casually and he competitvely plays with the 66th, it would not be fair to disallow him playing for 66th.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2017, 12:24:12 am »
Missed the RGL discussions. As always we'll consider everything and change our minds if you guys really want us to. The playoffs idea is a great one and will be discussed. Thx to all those who care enough to give us feedback

Haze

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2017, 12:25:04 am »
I guess rommel is co-hosting this with you again ?

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 12:25:33 am »
I guess rommel is co-hosting this with you again ?

Correct

Haze

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 12:31:14 am »
Too bad, i would have glady participated.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:47 am »

They should also be in 1 reg and not a casual. This just means people effectively merc for RGL.

So when i play 4 days in week as merc for some small reg and play just RGL for a participating regiment isnt it more like mercing for the RGL regiment ? Isn t this a bit too much forcing a player to be in only one reg in 6 years old mod with only some 150+ active compet players ?

I agree, with you salakien here, and bob I agree with the players should stick to 1 regiment and can not join other regiments particiapting in the RGL. For instance Bandej plays for the 43rd which is some tiny regiment which plays casually and he competitvely plays with the 66th, it would not be fair to disallow him playing for 66th.

So he's a merc. IF he is not 100% committed to the 66th why should he represent them in the RGL?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 12:35:00 am »

So he's a merc. IF he is not 100% committed to the 66th why should he represent them in the RGL?

Because he likes to play with his close friends in the 43rd and as they have no place in the RGL (they couldn't even get 15+ people) it makes perfect sense for him to play for the 66th. Also he is still a member of our regiment turns up alot and has been in the regiment for many months, since the 12th disbanded so it makes no good reason to exclude a valued member based on the fact he plays with his friends in a tiny casual regiment.

Edit: The Company he plays for has a total of 7 members in the steam group...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:39:40 am by golden2 »

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 12:46:28 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Nah, as Golden said it would not be fair to disallow him playing for 66th. As example, a lot of our people loves to play for arty in casual events (for 66pp, 43rd, 2nd and etc). This mod is already almost dead and if we will disallow to all the players which are still playing for casual regiments to take part in RGL it will be disaster.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:49:01 am by Sir-Follkas »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 12:49:30 am »
I think seeing as how the playerbase is declining and will once again be splitting due to Holdfast, this sort of regimental rule makes sense. As long as people are sticking to one regiment within the RGL and not hopping around, the casual ones shouldn't matter. Fixed rosters for playoffs stages would be cool too to ensure such a thing.

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 01:24:31 am »
Make it so you can only play in one regiment per RGL.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 02:39:37 am »
Spoiler

Because he likes to play with his close friends in the 43rd and as they have no place in the RGL (they couldn't even get 15+ people) it makes perfect sense for him to play for the 66th. Also he is still a member of our regiment turns up alot and has been in the regiment for many months, since the 12th disbanded so it makes no good reason to exclude a valued member based on the fact he plays with his friends in a tiny casual regiment.

Edit: The Company he plays for has a total of 7 members in the steam group...
[close]

It does imo. If a person does not want to committ 100% to their reg they should not get to play. But dont you worry lad, its not up to me. We have, as a community always been so fucking lenient on this subject which eventually lead to tournaments that actually meant something just becoming another gf tourny clone in a different format. Invites, mercs, double reggers, ppl jumping ships mid tourny etc. And when we actually do catch players playing as invites etc we dont even punish them. Seems to me the one thing that would actually make you eligible to play in a Regimental GF tourny is to be fully committed to A reg, the one you want to rep in this tourny.

Then again, Im old and bitter and barely play these days. F* all :)

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 02:49:28 am »
Yes lets all feel sorry for the guys who won't get to play because they can't stick to one regiment. It's not like that's the reason last RGL was swimming with mercs and reg hoppers  ::)

I'm pretty sure no one was using someone who attends a regiment that can't get 10 people as their main argument for being against it (at least I wasn't.) But y'know it doesn't surprise me one bit that 66th are the first to declare the opinion of having no double reggers as some sort of hate crime. I've not once faced a regiment like the KKA, 72nd or 18e and ever had the thought in the back of my mind that they are playing with mercs. Putting my personal relations aside with 66ths members of course because I have a fair few friends in there and think of Salakien as a nice guy but it's just my opinion on the matter.

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 02:58:22 am »
Name :  8th Kings Regiment Of Foot             
Team-Captain:   Me + Irish
Team-Captain's Steam:               https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198133981359/ https://steamcommunity.com/id/EamonGAME/
Normal Attendance:  15 - 25

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 02:59:03 am »
or jammo maybe it's because in 66th we're the saddest no-sleep no-lifers browsing fse and so responded to the thread first

fun

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 03:17:10 am »
or jammo maybe it's because in 66th we're the saddest no-sleep no-lifers browsing fse and so responded to the thread first

fun
lol