Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216604 times)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 11:56:34 pm »
ft15 best

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 11:59:01 pm »
ft15 best

that yea

Name : 17e Regiment d'Infanterie.
Team-Captain: Pieter       
Team-Captain's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016402305/
Normal Attendance:  20   

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 12:00:16 am »
Spoiler
Amazing to see you're hosting this again, looking forward to it and if you need any help, I'd be glad to provide some.

ft20  ??? ??? ???

It's actually more competitive than a best of format. It allows comeback. But ft20 is too much imo, ft15 is better.

Agreed with Tiberias, Ft20 can lead to 39 rounds in the closest match which in my opinion is a bit too much. Ft15 as mentioned brings the same level of competitiveness yet it requires a bit less commitment to a match and considering the game is not in its most active state, I think some players would appreciate it. Worth being considered atleast.

Good thing you updated the ruleset as well however I'm still really curious on how you plan to enforce said rules :

1.1. It is allowed to change the team you play for during the league.
1.2. Excessive team changing is prohibited.

In my opinion, leaving this up to interpretation is somewhat risky as we don't all have the same notion of excessiveness. To me, when you commit to a regiment for a competition, if you leave it that's too bad for you. Yet I understand many people would disagree which is why I'd prefer having a clear number fixed on how many times you can switch bewteen regiments in the RGL and in which period of time. This to prevent abuse from certain players switching to better regiments at some point in the league, when they realise theirs don't have much chance to win anymore.
[close]

Yes the ft15 was and will still be considered. The reason we chose ft20 is because of 2 reasons: 1) a normal ft15 match takes ~30min (from my exp) and we wanted to come closer to the NWL matches in terms of duration  2) there are only very few matches that are that close which is why there will only be 2-3
matches that might take ~50min. I'd say let's give it a shot. If it turns out to be bad we can still change it. I've always tried to keep the RGL interactive, I am sure this one will be similar.

The reason I stepped back from such a precise rule is because it is impossible to have the necessary protocols. It's meant to be a rule for individual cases.

Really enjoy your feedback. Keep it up ;)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:07:22 am by Phoen!x »

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 12:01:40 am »
I agree ft15 is now used for most of GF matches between regiments and ft 20 could took more than one hour.

About reg hopping i would consider some qoutes for how many times you can switch regs as we know there are some guys who like to join only winning regiments which is reasonable but it is killing some regiments .

Also i would like to suggest to make a play offs for the first 4 regs from the leaderboards with rule of having only those players who played regular state of the RGL or something like that . Just a suggestion from me to prevent these trophey hunters and make it slightly more competetive as the regiment could evolve in power and could regret some first match losses.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 12:07:21 am »
So if the man is playing for 1 casual regiment and 1 competitive it's ok or no?
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:07:57 am »

That's completely fine. Thats why we changed it

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 12:08:34 am »
 :) :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:46:26 pm by Firephoenix »

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:34 am »
well i would say if somebody play fkin arty event once per week and play leagues and stuff with his prior regiment it doesnt change a shit. Big regs are dying as fk and i think if Holdfast will have success many regs stop playing NW events and play just these melee stuff for now.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 12:13:43 am »
Can you make it so a player can only ever play for 1 rgl reg during the season.

They should also be in 1 reg and not a casual. This just means people effectively merc for RGL.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
Thanks for taking the time to anwser Phoenix, even if I don't necesseraly agree with everything I've to admit the approach is more than reasonable. I reckon if I was hosting it myself I would probably come to change a few things however it is your tournament, you've proven to make it successful countless times in the past and I've no doubt it will be the case once again. As you said it yourself, it can always happens to change if you think one way or another would be better.

Also really like Salakien's idea about the playoffs phase for the one argument he pointed out which would be to have roster closed (or something along that line) once the playoffs start so it prevents the issue I've highlighted and it still keep the tournament competitive.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 12:16:46 am »

They should also be in 1 reg and not a casual. This just means people effectively merc for RGL.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2017, 12:16:48 am »

So when i play 4 days in week as merc for some small reg and play just RGL for a participating regiment isnt it more like mercing for the RGL regiment ? Isn t this a bit too much forcing a player to be in only one reg in 6 years old mod with only some 150+ active compet players ?

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:13 am »
Name : 5th "Northumberland" Regiment of Foot     
Team-Captain: alax
Team-Captain's Steam: [5th] alax   
Normal Attendance: 20

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:29 am »

That's completely fine. Thats why we changed it
nice, need reg for rgl type 123
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci