Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Discussion Thread  (Read 39821 times)

Offline Demme

• Sergeant
  • Griff <3
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [11e] Myoui || [Nr.3] Demme
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [CCL] Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2019, 12:26:52 am »
Spoiler
The officer meeting took place yesterday evening on the CCL TS server. All regiments were represented by at least one person, and we discussed everything that happened lately, starting by giving an explaination of the stuff that led to the organizing team changing its plans, then trying to figure the next move we should collectively make.

Long story short, we had three options: we could end the competition here and now, without finishing it and giving an official result. We didn't discuss that one for long as nobody felt it was a very good choice, and it would have felt like the CCL was a failure, which it is not. The second option was to keep the competition going until the very end, with the "away" stage being played, and an extra 6 or 7 weeks added to the whole thing. This one was discussed for a long while, but the fact that we were lacking a regiment, plus the fact that lots of players wouldn't be allowed to play for any reg for a quite long period of time, made it difficult to choose this option, which would have been a great one in different circumstances. We were left with a third choice, which was to continue the event until the end of the "home" match stage, then finishing it, giving an official result, waiting for some weeks (3-4-5 weeks) before restarting a new season, having learnt from the few mistakes we've made, and forming a new organizing team, welcoming a few motivated members into it. As most people feared the community wouldn't have anything to play anymore if we ended the CCL, the idea of a new season reassured them and when we had a vote (one vote per regiment, 7 votes in total), this third option is the one we chose.

Result of the vote
[close]

We will then continue with the remaining match of the home stage, as explained first in the announcement I made some days ago. I am glad this meeting happened, it went quite smoothly and everyone took his responsabilities by attending.

Now that it is all settled let's keep going, and everything should go well now, so we can focus on competing again, there is a pretty interesting title race ahead.
[close]

Sounds good! Probably the best solution.

Offline ForTheEpicness I.

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former 2nd iC of 2e (Stephan got kicked btw)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Beaufort
  • Side: Union
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2019, 12:58:51 am »
Who actually double regged btw?

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2019, 01:28:30 am »

Don't matter by this point, everyone is just waiting for the CCL to end now let's just wait it out

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2019, 07:46:24 am »

Take that to DMs. We aren't gonna ridicule him on a public forum, nothing is achieved with that.

Offline BONGOMEN02

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 23, 2019, 12:29:36 pm »
For the next season, please make a poll in which everyone can decide what regiment they think should participate. And then all these regimental leaders decide together which reg they think is trustful. I think that would solve the issues with regiments having problems with their NCOs. And that all regiments and the CCL get a form of back-up plan if something like the 11e happens again(this is not meant as being an insult or anything like that towards the 11e) which they can fall back to.

Offline Silen

• Second Lieutenant
  • KGL 1st Hussars - Hussar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 23, 2019, 12:38:37 pm »
For the next season, please make a poll in which everyone can decide what regiment they think should participate. And then all these regimental leaders decide together which reg they think is trustful. I think that would solve the issues with regiments having problems with their NCOs. And that all regiments and the CCL get a form of back-up plan if something like the 11e happens again(this is not meant as being an insult or anything like that towards the 11e) which they can fall back to.

Polls don't really work. What happens if you allow something like that is X number of people who hate Y regiment will vote to forbid it from joining the competition, and there is no way you can prevent people from jumping on the bandwagon.

Simply the organizers should take into account the opinions of various officers from regiments they believe are trustworthy and then formulate their own opinion and decision. People make mistakes and there is no way to accurately tell whether a regiment will disband shortly after the competition began or not. Not even a poll can determine that.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #351 on: February 23, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »
The organizer know their stuff and surely will be able to choose proper participants.

Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #352 on: February 23, 2019, 02:49:56 pm »

Pretty shit idea tbh

What’s to stop one reg or one group of people brigading to stop another reg to stop them from joining?

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #353 on: February 23, 2019, 05:32:25 pm »

Pretty shit idea tbh

What’s to stop one reg or one group of people brigading to stop another reg to stop them from joining?

You're saying this because you're afraid your 4.5e won't be accepted
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Silen

• Second Lieutenant
  • KGL 1st Hussars - Hussar
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 23, 2019, 06:10:04 pm »

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 23, 2019, 07:32:13 pm »

Pretty shit idea tbh

You're saying this because you're afraid your 4.5e won't be accepted

Incorrect, I do it out of pity for your flimsy 4e loyalists who will be decimated by glorious 4.5e votes

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2019, 08:48:17 pm »

Take that to DMs. We aren't gonna ridicule him on a public forum, nothing is achieved with that.

He shouldnt have stated it in the open then. Also why are you white knighting? Its not like you dont post enough shit no one asked about already? And its not like Quinn didn't answer me already.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:49:51 pm by ForTheEpicness I. »

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2019, 09:13:16 pm »

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2019, 09:28:13 pm »

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning