Poll

Cavalry

Shooting from horse back, reloading on the move!
26 (52%)
No shooting from horse back, no reload on the move!
13 (26%)
Another solution?!
11 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: February 22, 2015, 12:01:45 am

Author Topic: Cavalry in NaS 1.0 [discussion]  (Read 15913 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Cavalry in NaS 1.0 [discussion]
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2015, 09:32:01 pm »
Blob?
You just basically have everyone bunch up together.

I see. Thanks. Hopefully that's a tactic I won't be using :)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline DorftheHoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6th Lt Dorf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 06:36:03 pm »
So, since a while, I always got complains about the cavalry in the mod.
In nearly every line battle, cavalry is not allowed to fire from horseback or to reload on the move.

But for me, thats the meaning of the cavalry! They are fast shock troops, which are able to fire on the move and reload, while having a bad accuracy.

I got asked, if its possible to remove the shooting on horseback and to remove the moving ability for reloading carbines.

So, you guys got any suggestions, ideas.. what can be done with the cavalry in the next patch?

Well if your Cav, in 0.5, and you have a Mississippi rifle you can reload and shoot on the move.... so yeah, That happened haha

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2015, 11:48:43 pm »
Is there any reason that all Colonel's horses are extremely slow.
Why can't they be as fast as the normal cavalry horses.

AeroNinja

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 08:51:01 am »
I saw in the video the health loss. When you get hit by bayonet or bullet it drains your health. Like in Iron Europe. Is it going to be in the released version too?

Offline Jonny Powers

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2015, 05:45:58 pm »
I believe bleed-out will be in the final version, it was in the beta and they even had medics to patch you up, so I assume yes, they will.

AeroNinja

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 06:18:48 pm »
Aw no D:

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 06:42:52 pm »
Aw no D:
Well as Hinkel mentioned in the Beta test, the bleeding mechanic is not completely finished, plus as far as I know, the medic system hasn't been implemented yet. I think the bleeding mechanic will be slightly decreased as in not bleeding out as fast. 

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 09:28:22 pm »
Aw no D:
Well as Hinkel mentioned in the Beta test, the bleeding mechanic is not completely finished, plus as far as I know, the medic system hasn't been implemented yet. I think the bleeding mechanic will be slightly decreased as in not bleeding out as fast.

That's good.
On IE when I got shoot it took me 10 seconds to bleed out.

AeroNinja

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »
Ye the bleeding effect is really difficult to handle. D:

Offline Incognitoandahalf

• First Sergeant
  • DA Cavalry Corp Fuehrer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Incognitoandahalf
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 04:30:25 am »
Steering us back to the topic without closing off discussion will we have bleeding of horses and if so can we expect a mounted medic to come save the day?
Also not exactly in love with the heavy cavalry in the Beta, while I think a variety of units is awesome the light and heavy horses forced cav to be careful around infantry and the heavy horses just steamroll.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 05:54:43 am »
Steering us back to the topic without closing off discussion will we have bleeding of horses and if so can we expect a mounted medic to come save the day?
Also not exactly in love with the heavy cavalry in the Beta, while I think a variety of units is awesome the light and heavy horses forced cav to be careful around infantry and the heavy horses just steamroll.
If I remember correctly, horses can bleed and bleed out as well. Not sure if you will be able to "heal" them though.

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2015, 05:55:01 am »
I'd like to meet a man who can shoot accurately on a moving horse. I think they should be able to shoot on horseback, but significantly worse when moving. While off of the horse, they should be much more accurate, but it should really come down to the playstyles of the group. Perhaps some would want to quickly flank around the enemy, dismount, get excellent shots off, and then upon getting charged, mount and disperse. Others may prefer being a shock unit rather than a skirmish unit, by picking out a blobbed, unprepared target, getting in their proximity, volleying, and then charging with sabers, which is much harder to pull off, but should still be allowed. This way, cavalry regiments that can successfully pull off both styles of fighting, and perhaps even more, will have extreme advantage on the field.

As far as fairness in events go, I'd say that if a cavalry regiment runs up, volleys, and doesn't charge, that should be punishable. What's really unfair is letting cavalry get fairly accurate, but very up close shots, but then letting them gallop away quickly.

The big solution I see though, to nerfing the cavalry, is slowing the horses a little. This way they'll be less willing to take risks, because it would become harder to run up to infantry, shoot on horseback at a halt, and run away the second someone gets near. Just a slight change in their speed could do the trick.

War isn't fair. Don't know why people keep trying to change that. I have a lot of respect for Hinkel for making this game as accurate as he can.
As far as Cavalry tactics, that should be up to their commander, not their enemies. Dictating combat takes away from potential cunning and creativeness to achieve victory. Only thing I can see being moderated is the percentage of Cavalry on the battlefield, and our admins seem to keep that in check.

"It is unfortunate when final decisions are made by chieftains headquartered miles away from the front, where they can only guess at conditions and potentialities known only to the captain of the battlefield."
- Atilla the Hun

Offline Mercuri

• Second Lieutenant
  • Spanish King's Walloon Guard
    • View Profile
    • Comunidad Gamer Hispana
  • Nick: 2aBH_Mercuri / 5thFL_JacksonTeller
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 08:50:21 am »
talking about the bleeding mechanic, in my opinion the medics shouldn't be able to heal horses, only soldiers.

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 11:14:26 pm »
talking about the bleeding mechanic, in my opinion the medics shouldn't be able to heal horses, only soldiers.

I agree. You don't see a medic healing a horse on the middle of a battlefield.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 01:26:54 am »
You might do, especially cavalryman. Fixing up is the better used term. Not healing.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]