Author Topic: 40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot [EU] [Recruiting]  (Read 53987 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 40th (2nd Somersetshire) Regiment of Foot [EU] [Recruiting]
« Reply #495 on: January 06, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »
 :-[
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #496 on: January 07, 2020, 01:54:08 am »
 :-\ :(

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2020, 01:40:35 pm »
As the majority seems displeased with the reasoning provided on why I have disbanded the regiment, I thought maybe a little clarification on the matter would prevent any moronic rumours.

I have been on a 2 week break from gaming, and it was amazing. I did not miss this particular game one bit. Regardless, I come back, hoping that I might enjoy it again. Well, I don't, and my high ups feel the exact same way. We don't play this game outside of events, don't enjoy diplomacy (hence why we've always been so secluded), etc., etc., so why bother continuing when it feels more like an actual chore than an actual thing you enjoy? We've had about 4-5 meetups in real-life (Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic and Bulgaria) within less than a year (!), and become actual friends. We don't need this game anymore to strengthen that. Indeed, plans for a next meetup are already being made despite disbandment.

All this comes as an addition to the fact that I never enjoyed leading this regiment. I took charge of it because I didn't want to see it die like I saw HL/KoJ (PW/PK) die. This community - so a majority of you - has never been really helpful, and I don't blame you for it. The immediate messages I received after consensually couping Dan was the imminent "I will disband your regiment in less than a month" and "You'll never be like him", and we outlasted all of them. Additionally, thank God I wasn't like him. This regiment has outlasted any of his. The 17th was formed on the basis that we did not allow Dan back into the Nr2/40th, so he banded with the other 40th outcasts.

Thank you to those who have helped us, and those within the 40th that have made everything possible throughout the last year. It was the first infantry regiment I have ever led, and in many ways, also the first time I was first-in-command. It's been enjoyable at times, but mostly a duty. Good luck to all other regiments, and whatever may lie ahead of you.

Offline Anna

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sic parvis magna.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr21_Oberst_Anna
« Reply #498 on: January 07, 2020, 02:17:37 pm »
OG material

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 07, 2020, 02:51:36 pm »
As the majority seems displeased with the reasoning provided on why I have disbanded the regiment, I thought maybe a little clarification on the matter would prevent any moronic rumours.

I have been on a 2 week break from gaming, and it was amazing. I did not miss this particular game one bit. Regardless, I come back, hoping that I might enjoy it again. Well, I don't, and my high ups feel the exact same way. We don't play this game outside of events, don't enjoy diplomacy (hence why we've always been so secluded), etc., etc., so why bother continuing when it feels more like an actual chore than an actual thing you enjoy? We've had about 4-5 meetups in real-life (Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic and Bulgaria) within less than a year (!), and become actual friends. We don't need this game anymore to strengthen that. Indeed, plans for a next meetup are already being made despite disbandment.

All this comes as an addition to the fact that I never enjoyed leading this regiment. I took charge of it because I didn't want to see it die like I saw HL/KoJ (PW/PK) die. This community - so a majority of you - has never been really helpful, and I don't blame you for it. The immediate messages I received after consensually couping Dan was the imminent "I will disband your regiment in less than a month" and "You'll never be like him", and we outlasted all of them. Additionally, thank God I wasn't like him. This regiment has outlasted any of his. The 17th was formed on the basis that we did not allow Dan back into the Nr2/40th, so he banded with the other 40th outcasts.

Thank you to those who have helped us, and those within the 40th that have made everything possible throughout the last year. It was the first infantry regiment I have ever led, and in many ways, also the first time I was first-in-command. It's been enjoyable at times, but mostly a duty. Good luck to all other regiments, and whatever may lie ahead of you.
Aight dont slob ur own knob too much bro

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #500 on: January 07, 2020, 03:04:42 pm »
Shellfish

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 07, 2020, 03:15:49 pm »
k boomers