Author Topic: Total biscuit interview  (Read 14532 times)

Offline 2oothBrush

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2oothBrush
  • Side: Neutral
Total biscuit interview
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:44:48 am »
I know the FSE team don't have a kickstarter i know that he likes the M&B game franchise so maybe you could get an interview and get more people on the site to donate

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Total biscuit interview
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:31:26 am »
It wouldn't be useful so early in development, perhaps down the line it would make sense but at this point it would be a conceptual discussion at best.

Offline SilentMatthew

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freelancer_SilentMatthew_AW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »
It wouldn't be useful so early in development, perhaps down the line it would make sense but at this point it would be a conceptual discussion at best.

1+ or whatever... a tad too early.
Although, the impression I got from TB about Napoleonic Wars is lukewarm at best due to being a single-player M&B guy and or not caring much for the era. Would be a nice to have TB supporting it though....

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
  • "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
  • Nick: Cyco_Tatertot / ILR_LtCol_Tatertot
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:14:47 am »
I feel like that would completely overrun the forums with trolls if we got someone major supporting the website and all.
Its not that I think they don't like the game or website, but when a famous You tuber gives a game/website rep, sometimes it turns very bad.
" title="

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:46:12 pm »
I know the lad, and Im very certain that once this game gets more meat on its legs, he'd be up for something. Not to mention the fact that I know several others that I could ask too. But its a tad too early for it now, I feel.

Offline Samuel J. Ahonen

• Donator
  • Kan man flyga på en fågel?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:52:39 pm »
AngryJoe liked NW. :P

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9y[LG]_ZeppelinPanda
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:13:07 pm »
Guys it's much too early to be talking about something like this, let's give the devs some time to make the game first :P

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »
I feel like that would completely overrun the forums with trolls if we got someone major supporting the website and all.
Its not that I think they don't like the game or website, but when a famous You tuber gives a game/website rep, sometimes it turns very bad.

So how would it be any different from now? The NW community is rampant will trolls.

I think its a good idea later down the line and something similar is probably the only choice as it would gather massive support.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:49:36 pm by Daniel »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 02:50:39 pm »
Angry Joe loves Kickstarters and loved NW so he'd surely support the game's cause. Total Biscuit loves the up and coming melee combat games and is a great fan of Planetside 2 (it's vast scale) so he'd defintely be interested too. However, it is too early to be making promises to the masses, maybe half way in development you could start telling the YouTube giants about it.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »
Agreed, there really isn't nothing to show for it yet. Peter is a marketing genius, and I'm sure when the time comes he will be ready to go  ;)

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:15:03 am »
Just try everyone, you would be surprised on who would reply to you.  ;D

Offline Peter

• Sergeant
  • Otherwise known as: Biteme, Retep and Mr awesome
    • View Profile
    • Casual Scribbling
  • Nick: Biteme
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:14:34 pm »
Hey guys, thanks for the support but we very much have this in control :)
The reason we havn't started our full promotion campaign yet is that we still have very little to show, in fact the only reason we announced so early was because we felt we owed it to the NW community to let them get on board before the rest! As soon as we start moving into alpha you will see a huge amount in terms of increased coverage, and I have already started talking to some media outlets.
If we tried to do a big push now, as we have almost nothing to show we run a very distinct possibility of being one of the very promising games that falls unexpectedly by the wayside, but if we launch a campaign with game changing media we have a chance to rock the gaming world.
When we start this campaign I will let you know, and any help then would be very appreciated.
Thanks for the continued support!
Cogito Ergo Sum

Offline psmith

• Donator
  • Validus quod Verus
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FiDO / PSmith
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 04:47:48 pm »
Save the hype for when the game is about to release is my 2 cents.  No one wants to re-tell or re-hear a story.  Fresh is best.  And exciting news followed by how to get the game NOW will have the greatest impact.  I would argue that the typical gamer with low, low attention span is willing to 'try' a game by buying it only if it's immediately available to download at the moment they are emotionally excited about it. 

In the meantime, the tight BCoF/NW community is a good place to plant the hype seeds like you already have.  We will spread the news to other circles...