Author Topic: Judaism  (Read 12961 times)

Offline Rhein

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Judaism
« on: May 15, 2015, 05:44:35 am »
This thread is for the civil discussion of the jewish faith in Europe. I am half jewish and know many jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Europe

There are over 1 million jews in the EU alone with almost half living in France.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:45:05 am by Rhein »

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Jews in Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:57:15 am »
Interesting topic indeed. A good slice of my family is Sephardic. From what I know, they originally came from Babylon to Narbonne,France back during the reign of Charlemagne. I'm currently converting to Judaism.

Some interesting articles about Jews in Europe:
Charlemagne's Elephant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abul-Abbas#From_the_Orient_to_Europe
The Ladino Language: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Ladino.html
History and Development of Yiddish: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/yiddish.html

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:06:34 am »
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Rhein

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 08:07:45 am »
my family comes from a long line of german jews. My grandma was born in 1930 and survived a concentration camp along with her sister and father. I am interested in converting but i have no idea how to start.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:10:36 am »
my family comes from a long line of german jews. My grandma was born in 1930 and survived a concentration camp along with her sister and father. I am interested in converting but i have no idea how to start.
Is your mom or dad Jewish? If your mom is fully Jewish, meaning her mother was Jewish, her mother's mother was Jewish, and so on, then you are already Jewish by Jewish law. It should be very easy for you to get a conversion, although I don't know if that's necessary if your mother is Jewish.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:18:31 am by Akko »

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:16:34 am »
I'm currently converting to Judaism.

Praise the state of Israel and support the bombings of Palestinian kids.

Is your mom or dad Jewish? If your mom is fully Jewish, meaning her mother was Jewish, her mother's mother was Jewish, and so on, then you are already Jewish by Jewish law. It should be very easy for you to get a conversion, although I don't know if that's necessary if your mother is Jewish.

What if his dad is a banker? Is that good too?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:19:41 am by MarshalKim »
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 08:31:02 am »
I guess Rhein is mainly interested in the religion and not so much the greedy world domination jet fuel arab killing thing.

Spoiler
[close]

I love how this guy's name is actually Geldzahler (moneypayer in German).
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Rhein

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 08:33:38 am »

My mother is jewish so that's good.

Also the anti antisemitism is strong on FSE

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:35:50 am »

I would contact a synagogue in your area and ask them about conversion. Do you happen to know what movement of Judaism you want to join?

Offline Rhein

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 08:38:05 am »

Yeah Im going to

I would contact a synagogue in your area and ask them about conversion. Do you happen to know what movement of Judaism you want to join?

yeah im going to talk to my mom and ask her about conversion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:42:15 am by Rhein »

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 08:41:54 am »

Yeah Im going to

yeah im going to talk to my mom and ask her about conversion.

Good luck!   :D

Offline Rhein

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 08:43:12 am »
Here are some jewish soldiers and graves from ww2

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:47:00 am »
Depends on how you define antisemitism. In 90% percent of the cases I hear or read this word it is used for justifying Israels genocidal policy so I don't really like it.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 08:48:11 am »
A Jewish Brigade soldier holding a shell that says "A gift to Hitler" in Hebrew.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:19 am »