Author Topic: [CCL - S1] League Stage - Week 3  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [CCL] League Stage - Week 3
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 09:42:25 pm »
Match: 4e Régiment de Hussards vs 5e Régiment de Hussards
Date & Hour: 03/02/2019  20:30 CET
Referee: To be defined.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 10:33:06 pm »

The week 2 has been concluded and continued to provide us with interesting results.

On Friday, the 1erRC took on the German from the Nr4 in what promised to be a thrilling series between two opponents of similar strengths. The match certainly held on to its expectations, as both regiments traded rounds and neither seemed capable to take an early advantage. After a really long and intense battle (the whole match lasted close to 3hours), the 1eRC got themselves the fifth round, leaving the Nr4 with only the draw to play with. Such a draw seemed very possible prospect for a good part of the last round, as the Nr4 managed to get back a 4v8 situation down to a 4v5, with all 1erRC members dismounted while the Nr4 could still count on three mounted players. As Sebi managed to pick-up two quick kills, turning the round into a 4v3 in favour of the Nr4, not many would have expected the 1erRC to come back. But fatigue probably played a role in the conclusion of that match and as the Nr4 rushed the last kills, they committed a few mistakes which allowed the 1erRC to clutch it against all expectations, getting the final round and making it a 6-4 victory in their favour.

1eRC coming back from that round seemed unlikely .. but so long as it's not impossible, you should never count them out!

The second match of Week 2 was held on Saturday and featured the 11e and the 5e Hussards. The 11e was given favourite in that match-up after the poor performance from the 5e against the Nr4, but this match was announced as treacherous for Lindblom's men. And as expected, it was a completely different 5e which faced the European regiment on that evening. More organized and incisive, the Frenchmen took off at full throttle and started chaining rounds, one after the other. It took 6 rounds until the 11e finally found a way to stop them but the 5e had already secured themselves the draw and could approach the end of the match in a more serene manner. The end of the match was a bit more disjointed and if it wasn't for Remao's impressive clutch, the 5e could have give-up another round, but the more important was the result, a victory against a high calibre opponent, as well as the denial of the defensive bonus. After a difficult first week, the 5e showed great composure and impressive team play which proven being stronger than the 11e's strong individualities on that particular day. On the 11e's side, this match probably showed that despite being one of the regiments with the highest potential in this competition, they still had room for improvement and a real synergy to find.  But the road is still long and both these regiments will have many more challenges to overcome before proving themselves as real contenders for the title.

Unlike again the Nr4, the 5e managed to hold on to their advantages taken early, which helped them finishing most of the rounds without too much trouble.

The last two matches on Sunday opposed a German derby between the 2Lr and Nr6 while the 4e faced the 16e. While the 2Lr and 16e didn't stand many chances, they managed to show a slight improvement compared to the previous week and picked-up one round each. Against way stronger opponents, every round is good to take and while it probably doesn't consist in a satisfying result for these two, it certainly gave them something to work on for their future encounters. The 16e/KGl alliance actually showed some strong signs in their encounter against the 4e. If Erik's men had the whole match under the control, a lot of the early rounds saw both regiments trading players equally and if the 4e's experience allowed them to close every round without too many troubles, the 16e and KGL proved that on a large scale match, they were not to be underestimated.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:09:27 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 11:03:58 pm »
Match: 1er régiment de cuirassiers vs 2. Leib- Regiment
Date & Hour: 03/02/2019  20:20 CET
Referee: I do not have a refere
lol = ban

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 03:40:18 pm »
Match: 1er régiment de cuirassiers vs 2. Leib- Regiment
Date & Hour: 03/02/2019  20:20 CET
Referee: I do not have a refere

kanade offered to ref it..., you just have to accept it

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 04:03:42 pm »
Actually, considering the fact we have two referees for four matches this Sunday, the administration will likely decide which matches get their own referees and which matches have to be referred by the regiments themselves.

So please, stand by on this one, we'll reach you with information shortly.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:14:07 pm by Tardet »

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 10:19:01 pm »
Match: 11e vs 16e & KGL
Date & Hour: 03.02.19 - 19:00pm

i take it ;)
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Olof

• Sergeant Major
  • I bring out Folo when I'm angry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Olof
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 10:46:36 pm »
Match: 11e vs 16e & KGL
Date & Hour: 03.02.19 - 19:00pm

i take it ;)

I want DragonKing.
Spoiler
DragonKing please contact me on steam for your payments if you get what i mean ;)
[close]
Image from Gyazo" width="274

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2019, 11:28:17 am »
Match: Schlesisches Husaren-Regiment "Graf Goetzen" Nr.6 vs. Schlesisches Husaren-Regiment "Graf Zieten" Nr.4
Date & Hour: Sunday 03.02.2019 - 19:55 CET.

Ref?
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2019, 02:11:35 pm »
Match: Schlesisches Husaren-Regiment "Graf Goetzen" Nr.6 vs. Schlesisches Husaren-Regiment "Graf Zieten" Nr.4

Ref?
Hello there

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 02:14:47 pm »
Spoiler

Ref?
Hello there
[close]
Would offer myself instead of these amateurs
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Olof

• Sergeant Major
  • I bring out Folo when I'm angry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Olof
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 02:33:07 pm »
Spoiler

Ref?
Hello there
[close]
I would also offer myself... for the right amount of Napos for gambling
Image from Gyazo" width="274

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 02:44:03 pm »
Spoiler

Ref?
Hello there
[close]
I would also offer myself... for the right amount of Napos for gambling
Olof ditching his regiment for some Napoleons .. smh

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 07:41:01 pm »

This third week will present the particularity to have all four matches played at the same time and regiments won't be able to see how good their rivals are doing before playing their owns.

After their match against the 4e where they showed some strong and positive signs, the 16e will be looking at repeating similar performance against the 11e, another really strong regiment. If once again the 16e is far from being favourite, last week showed that when given the necessary room, the 16e and their KGL acolytes have what it takes to steal a few rounds away. Netherless, after their debacle against the 5e, the 11e are probably going to approach this match as seriously as possible and its unlikely to see them underestimating the 16e in that match-up, regardless of their clear status of favourite.

The situation is a bit similar in the match opposing the 1eRC to the 2Lr. After a close defeat against the 11e in their opening match and a victory on the edge against the Nr4, the 1eRC will certainly feel a bit more confident against the 2Lr, but with the same concern of not underestimating an opponent which has the resources to upset a few rounds. On the German side, Adelon's men had a tough first two weeks but as we explained it earlier in our weekly preview/review, these results don't really reflect the true potential of the 2Lr. Going against the 1erRC, they will still be facing a tough challenge but certainly not as difficult as the 4e or the Nr6.

The Nr4 doesn't seem to be catching a break in the early weeks of the competition as they will take on their fellow countrymen from the Nr6 in what promises to be an exciting and tense match. The Nr6 is yet to be truly tested and if they appear as the favourite of this match-up, the Nr4 proved that they have more than what it takes to challenge Fidje and his players. It will be undoubtedly a difficult match for Felix's men but if they wish to continue being a constant threat for the other title's contenders, taking as many rounds against the Nr6 is a must and would be a good morale boost after the unfortunate ending against the 1eRC last week.

Last but not least, the 5e - which also is having the toughest start of this CCL with the Nr4 - will continue facing a strong opponent as they have been matched against the 4e this week, in what looks like the old CNWL classic. Many could have argued that the 5e wasn't anywhere near their former strength but this was before last week and the stomp they inflicted to the 11e. Going against the 4e, the Frenchmen will have to set their hearts on keeping their ego as low as possible as the 4e is a completely different beast. What plays in the favour of both regiments in that match-up is how well they know each other. After their strong showing against the 11e, its unlikely to see the 5e being underestimated by the 4e but Exofrance's men perfectly know that the european powerhouse is capable of both strong individualities and perfect synergy and that they will have to match them in both aspects if they intend to play for the victory.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:48:13 pm by Tardet »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 07:55:23 pm »
Updated the referees. Wüstenkrieger will be taking 1eRC vs 2Lr and Swissy, Nr4 vs Nr6.

11e vs 16e will be refereed by Lindblom and Olof and 4e vs 5e by Erik and myself. Don't forget to ask some of your players to record their point of view, its always super appreciated cause there won't be any streams tonight.

Best of luck to all teams tonight, if you have an issue during your match, make sure to message your referee first but I will also try to answer whenever I can. (which means when I am dead, something which should happen quite a lot of time).

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 08:47:51 pm »
gg Nr6. Enjoyable match without trash talk^^