Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 524881 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5865 on: September 02, 2021, 05:13:43 am »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.
Slow isnt bad if you ask me. Also history isnt really backing your argument pal

Slow is bad when you live in a massive country like the US. Where our democracy is an absolute shit show and is filled with corruption on both sides and a pile of shit so big and deep that there is no real fix at this point.

Also explain to me how history isn't backing my argument? Look at Napoleon and Hitler (countless others), both used their authority to quickly turn their nations into global superpowers. And are you implying that the democracy's we have today are the pinnacle of government? Do you honestly believe there is not a better system? If you don't think it can be better then I pity you. Do you really think that mankind's peak is a bunch of disjointed countries spread across our planet with massive differences between us and systems that take lifetimes to see change and progress? I sincerely hope not.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5866 on: September 02, 2021, 06:00:55 am »
Is it a bad thing that I think Democracy is a joke and I wish the world still welcomed authoritarian style leadership and governments?
weak bait

No, I am serious. Democracy is slow, weak and inefficient. We need a new form of government that combines the good morals of democracy with the efficiency and strength of an authoritarian government.
Slow isnt bad if you ask me. Also history isnt really backing your argument pal

Slow is bad when you live in a massive country like the US. Where our democracy is an absolute shit show and is filled with corruption on both sides and a pile of shit so big and deep that there is no real fix at this point.

Also explain to me how history isn't backing my argument? Look at Napoleon and Hitler (countless others), both used their authority to quickly turn their nations into global superpowers. And are you implying that the democracy's we have today are the pinnacle of government? Do you honestly believe there is not a better system? If you don't think it can be better then I pity you. Do you really think that mankind's peak is a bunch of disjointed countries spread across our planet with massive differences between us and systems that take lifetimes to see change and progress? I sincerely hope not.

63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5867 on: September 02, 2021, 06:18:01 am »
Bring back feudalism
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: September 02, 2021, 10:11:23 am »

Yes.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5869 on: September 02, 2021, 04:14:13 pm »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #5870 on: September 02, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »

Yes.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #5872 on: September 10, 2021, 05:16:42 am »
Canadian election update:

Projections show it to be MAD close
Spoiler
[close]

Liberals stopped the bleeding but they lost some ground, English debates will make things clearer - but also people don't really watch the debates so idk

NDP still projected for a seat increase, they've done well

Bloc set to maintain their hold on rural QC, altho CPC looking to flip a few

Like all CDN elections, it'll come down to GTA toss-ups, key Atlantic seats, and BC suburbs

also I must say, Canada is frighteningly regional in its politics. Americans and Europeans complain about this as well generally but in CA it's kinda insane. CPC swept two whole provinces last election and managed merely opposition. Quebec, BC and the Maritimes are not too politically regionalized but in the rest of Canada geography essentially dictates voting intentions and that's frankly concerning.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5873 on: September 10, 2021, 05:22:04 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Liberals stopped the bleeding but they lost some ground, English debates will make things clearer - but also people don't really watch the debates so idk

Like all CDN elections, it'll come down to GTA toss-ups, key Atlantic seats, and BC suburbs

also I must say, Canada is frighteningly regional in its politics. Americans and Europeans complain about this as well generally but in CA it's kinda insane. CPC swept two whole provinces last election and managed merely opposition. Quebec, BC and the Maritimes are not too politically regionalized but in the rest of Canada geography essentially dictates voting intentions and that's frankly concerning.
we need the rhino do this again this time around

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #5874 on: September 11, 2021, 03:23:08 am »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
Meh, I'd say modern Western alienation is still a far cry away from the days of Reform and the CA.

Our lack of a functional upper chamber to promote regional interests is a driving factor there (it's why Reform used to have a hard on for a triple-E senate), in addition to insane party discipline that means provinces need to really swing for one party or another if they're going to influence federal policy.

Take on the English debate: Trudeau gave of an aura of mild panic the entire time, not a great night for him overall. O'Toole kinda just existed, definitely did a good job on hitting home the "moderate man" image. Singh made his rehearsed talking points seem natural enough, but beyond a few sound bites for the Toronto Star his arguments seemed mostly unsubstantive. Paul, likewise with O'Toole existed. Her jab at Trudeau being a "fake feminist" felt flat af. I'm not entirely confident Blanchet caught on to the "English" part of the debate.

Overall: anytime Trudeau opened his mouth shouting ensued, moderator asked unethically leading questions (especially the one on the QC secularism bill). Might hurt Trudeau a little, but no one gave a Mulroney or Layton worthy performance so it's probably inconsequential.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #5875 on: September 11, 2021, 04:38:27 am »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
Meh, I'd say modern Western alienation is still a far cry away from the days of Reform and the CA.

Our lack of a functional upper chamber to promote regional interests is a driving factor there (it's why Reform used to have a hard on for a triple-E senate), in addition to insane party discipline that means provinces need to really swing for one party or another if they're going to influence federal policy.

Take on the English debate: Trudeau gave of an aura of mild panic the entire time, not a great night for him overall. O'Toole kinda just existed, definitely did a good job on hitting home the "moderate man" image. Singh made his rehearsed talking points seem natural enough, but beyond a few sound bites for the Toronto Star his arguments seemed mostly unsubstantive. Paul, likewise with O'Toole existed. Her jab at Trudeau being a "fake feminist" felt flat af. I'm not entirely confident Blanchet caught on to the "English" part of the debate.

Overall: anytime Trudeau opened his mouth shouting ensued, moderator asked unethically leading questions (especially the one on the QC secularism bill). Might hurt Trudeau a little, but no one gave a Mulroney or Layton worthy performance so it's probably inconsequential.
The moderator wasn't the best tbh

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: September 11, 2021, 04:57:29 am »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

[close]

harper used the "i just exist please dont hurt me" for like 6 election wins in a row and the cpc somehow forgot that that's how you win as a conservative in canada

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: September 21, 2021, 05:16:38 am »

The results so far. As widely predicted the Liberals take another minority. It'll be interesting to see how many seats the government will be though.

This further underscores the pointlessness of this election lol. it's 2019 basically on repeat. please stop calling them justin im tired

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #5878 on: September 21, 2021, 05:21:13 am »

The results so far. As widely predicted the Liberals take another minority. It'll be interesting to see how many seats the government will be though.

This further underscores the pointlessness of this election lol. it's 2019 basically on repeat. please stop calling them justin im tired
bruh.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: September 21, 2021, 05:28:20 am »
love that the conservatives got more seats in the atlantic provinces tho, that was cool.
also ndp did a lot better
bloc isn't a one trick pony anymore, yves blanchet is a real political force

honestly it's crazy the way Canadians vote. such hyper regionalization. toronto votes vote on masse for a guy who can't remember how many times he did blackface. we are a silly country with a silly government