Author Topic: You don't own me.  (Read 11781 times)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: You don't own me.
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2020, 05:00:30 am »
Instead of attacking the addicts why don’t we attack the dealers. Clean the streets and save our kids. Your done Anthony  >:(
Bruh plz
if i auto
why does it keep getting better  8) 8) :o
Your blocking might be getting better but learn to stop choking n3rd.
bruh i dont choke in duelz
Anthony was testing a prototype during the 5v5 league codename "GodBlock"

https://www.twitch.tv/aestheticaurum/clip/CulturedAmericanSproutItsBoshyTime?filter=clips&range=all&sort=time

Still confused by this cause I've never seen it before/since this happened. Only thing similar is when you are sideblocking and still somehow block the persons attack.
I think this happened a few times to others during the 5v5 league but this was the craziest.

was he blocking on his screen? my only explanation could be that there was some server lag going on or something
Client side I imagine it was fine, I guess the server couldn't keep up with anthony's no fap hands.

Thats not how it works the animations aren't client sided anyways and if youll remember unblockable worked by having you throw a side attack but even on the client side screen it was still a normal attack. Also the animation cancelling/glitch shows up on both sides so you can't block without it showing up on the other person's screen.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2020, 01:03:38 pm »
Thats not how it works the animations aren't client sided anyways and if youll remember unblockable worked by having you throw a side attack but even on the client side screen it was still a normal attack. Also the animation cancelling/glitch shows up on both sides so you can't block without it showing up on the other person's screen.

Animations are client side. That's why the NW enhancement mod and the like are able to work. Your animations do not have to line up with the server's. The server will send your client a packet telling it that there is an animation in progress and it's up to your internet and client to process that packet.

There is a problem in Warband with animation desync. This has been the case for a long time. A lot of people over the years have experienced standing there holding an up or down block, then being told that everybody else in the server saw them holding a sideblock. I get the same bug with attack directions, mostly when I'm playing cav. I believe it has to do with packet loss and changing attack/block directions quickly, but it's purely conjecture. I get it most often on cav, when I'm flinging my mouse around to look for enemies and then quickly try to grab an attack direction.

Taleworlds even is/was aware of the problem. There is a built in delay between when your client registers you have clicked and when the packet gets sent to the server. They increased it in the January 2018 patch. That was their attempt to resolve it. It didn't work, and really didn't accomplish anything other than making melee feel garbage and getting people to shit on the actually positive melee changes that FSE made. You can see this discussion about the change here. Keep in mind that, although FSE reverted all of the changes on their end, the change in question was a Taleworlds thing in the Warband .exe, and to my knowledge, was not fixed.

Without making this a rant on how Taleworlds ruined NW, wrong blocks have been appearing in the game for a very long time. The fact that you're seeing it is more likely proof of Warband's awful networking than it is of cheating, unless you're seeing it reliably and consistently.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2020, 02:30:50 pm »
Xethos with massive truth bombs!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2020, 04:56:33 pm »
Was gonna say it's been happening a lot where I downblock but the other person sees an upblock or whatever. Don't know if it's just because I've noticed but it does happen a bunch more for me at least
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2020, 05:07:48 pm »
For me it's the opposite, I block downattacks with an upblock xd
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2020, 05:32:19 pm »
Alright i watched the clip and i think i can explain whats going on. I blocked the first couple by reclicking attack to reset the block timing, however u know when u do a ritz spin and the block is falling down and reseting but before the total reset u do the attack spin. For me i just went to the upblock in the middle of the block dropping after I blocked serval attacks before hand, then because I saw everyone was attacking up I was just turning to block the incoming attacks.
On my screen I was only holding upblock

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2020, 09:13:39 pm »
Xethos confirming the eSport Mount and Blade Napoelonic Wars is all RNG
click here to join the 84th

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2020, 01:08:16 am »
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2020, 02:52:14 am »

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2020, 04:16:53 am »

Animations are client side. That's why the NW enhancement mod and the like are able to work. Your animations do not have to line up with the server's. The server will send your client a packet telling it that there is an animation in progress and it's up to your internet and client to process that packet.

There is a problem in Warband with animation desync. This has been the case for a long time. A lot of people over the years have experienced standing there holding an up or down block, then being told that everybody else in the server saw them holding a sideblock. I get the same bug with attack directions, mostly when I'm playing cav. I believe it has to do with packet loss and changing attack/block directions quickly, but it's purely conjecture. I get it most often on cav, when I'm flinging my mouse around to look for enemies and then quickly try to grab an attack direction.

Taleworlds even is/was aware of the problem. There is a built in delay between when your client registers you have clicked and when the packet gets sent to the server. They increased it in the January 2018 patch. That was their attempt to resolve it. It didn't work, and really didn't accomplish anything other than making melee feel garbage and getting people to shit on the actually positive melee changes that FSE made. You can see this discussion about the change here. Keep in mind that, although FSE reverted all of the changes on their end, the change in question was a Taleworlds thing in the Warband .exe, and to my knowledge, was not fixed.

Without making this a rant on how Taleworlds ruined NW, wrong blocks have been appearing in the game for a very long time. The fact that you're seeing it is more likely proof of Warband's awful networking than it is of cheating, unless you're seeing it reliably and consistently.

o

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2020, 04:18:55 am »

o
https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/serverless/glossary/client-side-vs-server-side/

It's actually really interesting how networks and servers work.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2020, 09:35:43 am »
I say we just go back to Dan ran tournaments

Just because he starts 20 tournaments and finishes 2, doesn't mean they're good.
xD

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2020, 10:13:58 am »
I say we just go back to Dan ran tournaments

Just because he starts 20 tournaments and finishes 2, doesn't mean they're good.

Can't finish tournaments if noone signs up/bails during the season
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #208 on: September 26, 2020, 10:28:37 am »
Good read  :) Risk is super mean  >:(

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #209 on: September 26, 2020, 01:30:06 pm »
Lurvy you are hilarious indeed
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.