Author Topic: War of 1812: News Corner: Final Version Features.  (Read 27220 times)

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
Re: War of 1812: News Corner *1.0 Full Version Released!*
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 12:52:42 am »
6x post ban pls

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:58 pm »
I am certain if you do not double post in the same day it is ok especially if I am one of the board moderators giving the updates.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2015, 11:27:57 pm »
I kid I kid ;)

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: War of 1812: News Corner *2.0 Coming Very Soon*
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 01:19:18 am »
Version 2.0 of War of 1812 mod is ready with Warof1812v2 being the mod folder name (so people don't get confused which server to join) Now I just need to upload it somewhere across the mirrors. Get hyped
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline DorftheHoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6th Lt Dorf
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: War of 1812: News Corner *2.0 Coming Very Soon*
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 11:52:43 pm »
Version 2.0 of War of 1812 mod is ready with Warof1812v2 being the mod folder name (so people don't get confused which server to join) Now I just need to upload it somewhere across the mirrors. Get hyped

hype is real.... hype is life.  Usnavy is god!

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: War of 1812: News Corner: *Warof1812v2 (Version 2) Released!*
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2015, 11:25:49 pm »
Oh you ::)

Next development progress of mine will be making the Mac/Linux version.

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: War of 1812: News Corner: Upcomming Features for Final Version page 5!
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2015, 07:43:57 pm »
Final Version Features for War of 1812 Mod

This post contains a preview of some of the new features that are being worked on for the final version of War of 1812. We can not give an estimate of a release date at this time because some of these are works in process and and haven't been completed.

New textures for the white building set - This was formerly a stucco texture. We changed it to wood clapboards to give the buildings more of a North American look. See the pictures below of how the new textures will look on the Bladensburg map. The interior of these walls will continue to have the stucco texture because it simulates plaster well. A new set of whitewashed walls from the old unpainted woodwall set is also planned. There are still some bugs on the damaged wall progression that we are working on to get this feature done.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Faction specific Cannons - The current field guns used in the War of 1812 mod are the Gribeauval or French style guns that were used by the US Army during the war. The barrel of the cannon was made of iron and it was mounted on a double bracketed carriage. The British cannon, however, differed a great deal in appearance since they had a different, block and trail style carriage, were brass instead of iron, and had equipment boxes mounted on the axel between the gun and the wheels. Since the cannons are a prop that spawns accessories like ammo boxes, adding them is more complex than an ordinary scene prop and may involve scripting. We are attempting to resolve this last issue but the new British cannon models and ammo boxes are complete.
Current US cannon
[close]
New British cannon
[close]

A couple new naval inspired banners - These will be US banners with a couple of famous slogans that came form the war. "DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP" were the dying words of Captain Lawrence on the frigate Chesapeake during his ill fated duel with the Shannon outside Boston harbor in 1813. Commander Oliver Hazard Perry flew a banner with these words on his flag ship the USS Niagara during the battle of Lake Erie. The white banner "FREE TRADE AND SAILOR'S RIGHTS' trumpeted one of the primary reasons for the war and was flown as a swallow tailed pennant on some US ships during the war.  Although, one of these ships just happened to be the unfortunate Chesapeake mentioned above. See pictures in spoiler below.
Spoiler
[close]

New Naval Weapons - We have completed models and textures for new naval cutlasses and boarding axes to replace the hodgepodge of weapons currently used by sailors.
British Figure Eight Cutlass and US Starr Cutlass
[close]
US Boarding Axe and Royal Navy Boarding Axe
[close]

Mac Linux Version - Our coder US Navy will provide a version compatible with the Mac operating system, Linux.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:28:26 pm by Blitz_craig »

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
Nice :)
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
That all looks very nice. The Yanks get some truly balling cannons.

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
And this *final* version will definitely take some time..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:38:26 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Josef733

• Corporal
  • Hello there sir nobody!
    • View Profile
    • my channel
  • Nick: Bayo92222222222201
WAT copied this mod, I want this to succeed and to be better than WAT. Good luck with any development.

3rdArk will live on!

Offline Captain_Frosty

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpl
WAT copied this mod, I want this to succeed and to be better than WAT. Good luck with any development.
+9999
Colder than your freezer,cooler than the beers in it.

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
First, don't post that kind of stuff. It is not needed. Secondly, WaT and Wof1812 are two entirely different wars.

Offline Frederik

• Board Moderator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
Maybe the mods are similar because many people who worked on 1812 worked on WaT?
And the setting of WaT is waymore popular, what is for sure a big point making more player want to play it.
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Keep the thread to discussion about Wo1812 and refrain from commenting on other mods. Our development on War of 1812 is going just fine, thank you.

The next post to go offtopic will be deleted without warning. No dissent.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:54:02 am by usnavy30 »