Author Topic: Reenactment Discussion  (Read 298516 times)

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
Re: Reenactment Discussion
« Reply #3495 on: March 21, 2014, 12:58:06 am »
Suns been shining past couple weeks Zac, as a result Britons have been hiding from the new orange orb in the sky and the residents of Somerset have submerged back underwater to their dwellings.
Hopefully Mr Sun will stick around for another 3-4 weeks and be out and bright on our first event :)

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3496 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:00 am »
So, that's where our Sun has been, please return it please, we may be half-poms, but we cant stand the cold ;)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 21, 2014, 01:00:03 am »
Davout, this info is pretty new. It also comes from first-hand sources.

We re-enact because we're bloody good at it, because we enjoy it, because its our hobby.

How are you good at it, if you have completly wrong uniforms?

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3498 on: March 21, 2014, 01:00:46 am »
Holy balls this got aggressive.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 21, 2014, 01:02:23 am »
So, that's where our Sun has been, please return it please, we may be half-poms, but we cant stand the cold ;)

Well over here it was absent without leave today, Mr Wind and overcast skies was sticking around for the day, maybe the sun's gone to help find that missing pane :)

We re-enact because we're bloody good at it, because we enjoy it, because its our hobby.

Because no one, but you, cares about our uniforms.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: March 21, 2014, 01:03:40 am »
So you're not re-enactors then?

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 21, 2014, 01:05:46 am »
Davout, this info is pretty new. It also comes from first-hand sources.

We are good because we can fucking reenact well. Our drill is near perfect and we can create a bloody good battle.

To be honest no one would give a fuck on your opinion of our uniforms because we are proud to be in them. We were given the blessing from the real 21e to wear them and we aim to keep that pride. So you can take your shit little dutch opinion and shove it up your arse.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 21, 2014, 01:07:54 am »
So proud to wear the uniform they never worn.

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 21, 2014, 01:10:25 am »
So proud to wear the uniform they never worn.
Got nothing new to answer back with. Why dont you put your little brain to better use and get a life.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 21, 2014, 01:15:25 am »
We are proud, our uniforms are more accurate than the vast majority of other Napoleonic units, but thing is, we genuinely don't care if our backpacks weren't worn, all we care about is having fun and having a damn good battle for the public, people who spend their times lecturing reenactors on inaccuracies that they're already aware about and have no problem with it are just uptight idiots with nothing better to do.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 21, 2014, 01:29:23 am »
No, your uniforms aren't more historical. Claim it as much as you want - it's not true.

Was this all necessary? No.
Did I plan to do this? No.
Do I care about the errors of other groups? No, if they don't, I don't.
Do I take pleasure from telling you this? No, absolutely not.

Yet Davout, you did take pleasure at insulting the NAN, so there's that. I expect an apology towards the NAN council and the volunteers. Do it here, on steam, on Private messaging, I don't care. But as I have respected the work done and time spend by the 21eme, I expect you to respect the NAN, her people, her actions and her done work.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:10 am »
We are proud, our uniforms are more accurate than the vast majority of other Napoleonic units, but thing is, we genuinely don't care if our backpacks weren't worn, all we care about is having fun and having a damn good battle for the public, people who spend their times lecturing reenactors on inaccuracies that they're already aware about and have no problem with it are just uptight idiots with nothing better to do.

Just saying you just contradicted yourself. But im gonna be neutral because i aint no napoleonic reenactor.

Settle down folks and quit insulting each other like bunch of kids. Seriously, fighting on internet over reenacting? That make you no more than 10 years old crying.

Do you realize people died in this war and today we are saying "oh yeah we do it for fun! All that shooting and stuff. Fun fun fun. The way we mowed them down! Amazing! Gotta bring family into this carnage!"

Have some respect for the uniform you wear. Because not only you represent yourself. You represent the veteran of the war. Pubs view you and will judge how vets acted back then just the way you acted at a reenactment. That may have been dumb thing to say but honestly the world is filled with morons who can take thing literally. Deal with it.

Honestly, shut the fuck up and do some research and share them with respect. Act like living historian dammit. 

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:06 am »
No, your uniforms aren't more historical. Claim it as much as you want - it's not true.

Was this all necessary? No.
Did I plan to do this? No.
Do I care about the errors of other groups? Yes
Do I take pleasure from telling you this? Yes

Yet Davout, you did take pleasure at insulting the NAN, so there's that. I expect an apology towards the NAN council and the volunteers. Do it here, on steam, on Private messaging, I don't care. But as I have respected the work done and time spend by the 21eme, I expect you to respect the NAN, her people, her actions and her done work.
no

Also i modified it to what you have been doing so far.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 01:37:21 am by Davout »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 21, 2014, 01:48:07 am »
Very well. We got nothing to talk about then.

Also, Deo, +1. I know my actions today aren't the most mature ever, but then again, I never planned this.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 21, 2014, 04:39:21 am »
christ y'all need to chill the fuck out here, its just a hobby
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]