Author Topic: NW love  (Read 13774 times)

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW love
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2020, 11:56:14 pm »
So nIvan can have a signature from an in game chat log with the n word in it but Dan can't collect them and put them together? How is there an expectation of privacy when you are using racial slurs on public line battles with 200 people?

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2020, 11:59:38 pm »
So nIvan can have a signature from an in game chat log with the n word in it but Dan can't collect them and put them together? How is there an expectation of privacy when you are using racial slurs on public line battles with 200 people?
It's about white supremacy.

IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2020, 12:05:43 am »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2020, 12:20:36 am »
fucking hate that nIvan guy tbh

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2020, 02:09:08 am »
I know it's funny to see all of the screenshots of people using slurs. But it is a really big issue on the NA side in public events. Each event there are people using mainly the N-word in an aggresive way and passively. Yeah it's a game but each character is controlled by a real person.

I dunno it seems a little weird to snip the post showing the issues in the game and community as a whole. I know some of you don't care and want to be edgy but it's still an issue.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2020, 02:35:23 am »
I know it's funny to see all of the screenshots of people using slurs. But it is a really big issue on the NA side in public events. Each event there are people using mainly the N-word in an aggresive way and passively. Yeah it's a game but each character is controlled by a real person.

I dunno it seems a little weird to snip the post showing the issues in the game and community as a whole. I know some of you don't care and want to be edgy but it's still an issue.
are u tellung me i hab to be considerate of pixels ona  screen  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( u fukin facistr34 its a free country!!!!442

|Viper|

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2020, 02:35:59 am »
Don't worry boys Vetro has ya covered

Spoiler
snip
[close]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:49:43 am by Tardet »

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 02:40:29 am »

Spoiler
snip
[close]
christ... it can't get much more blackpilling than this. there is no exit from here. we will stay.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:49:36 am by Tardet »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2020, 03:02:52 am »
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2020, 03:20:35 am »

Spoiler
snip
[close]

inb4 this gets snipped
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:49:27 am by Tardet »
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2020, 04:06:45 am »

Spoiler
snip
[close]

inb4 this gets snipped

if herishey does snip it he's a bitch
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:49:18 am by Tardet »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2020, 05:47:58 am »
For what it's worth, do know that the issue was more the fact the pictures contained several racial slurs than the fact it shared private logs (are they even really private? don't think so).

And yes, Ivan got offensive material in his signature as well. I sent him a PM asking him to remove as it is also a direct breach of the forum rules. I usually prefer asking people first because changing their signature myself requires to log onto their profile which is rather intrusive. When it comes to Dan's picture, we removed it because it got reported and therefore got put under our direct attention. Until now, I don't think anybody had reported Ivan's signature.

Unlike what people think, we (moderators) do not wander on the forums in search for stuff to be removed or people to watch/mute. We deal with what's reported to us and take actions based on the ruleset we are bound to apply, that's not really more complicated than that. On the other hand, I do agree that on a certain occasion, the blind use of the ruleset can be more damaging than it is useful. In that case, Dan's aim is clearly to highlight an on-going problem in the NW community, not to provoke nor insult anyone. I will forward the issue present on this thread to the moderation and ask them if an exception can be made.

I believe it's better to deal with it at a case per case rather than sanction everything blindly, but that's my opinion and it may or may not shared by the rest of my colleagues. In the meantime please do refrain from reposting the picture. Tyvm
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:57:41 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2020, 06:10:30 am »
If you’re really that worried about the issue leave the screenshots up. How’re you helping Tardet? Seems like you’re just being puss about these things

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2020, 06:27:02 am »
If you’re really that worried about the issue leave the screenshots up. How’re you helping Tardet? Seems like you’re just being puss about these things
It's currently not allowed as per the rules you all agreed to by signing-up on this forum. I'm pointing out that it would be stupid to just leave it at that and suggested to discuss it among the moderators because that's an issue which is worth discussing as a team. If you feel like it's not 'helping' but rather 'pussing out' then you have either a particular sense of perception or a large ignorance of how moderation works.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:31 am »
It's currently not allowed as per the rules you all agreed to by signing-up on this forum. I'm pointing out that it would be stupid to just leave it at that and suggested to discuss it among the moderators because that's an issue which is worth discussing as a team. If you feel like it's not 'helping' but rather 'pussing out' then you have either a particular sense of perception or a large ignorance of how moderation works.
How is what you're doing helping? Removing the posts points to a personal problem with the content, rather than a moderation problem - Dan didn't post a single slur, he posted an image, and clearly in a context you agree with.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)