Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 218080 times)

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League Season 5 (Matchweek 7)
« Reply #1920 on: January 14, 2018, 03:28:43 pm »
I mean it wasn't like the 5th was in a position to the tourny anyways

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 14, 2018, 04:27:28 pm »
All I read, Dan brought 25 people in, could have brought 15, still would have lost either way.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #1922 on: January 14, 2018, 04:29:37 pm »
+1

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1923 on: January 14, 2018, 04:32:55 pm »
All I read, Dan brought 25 people in, could have brought 15, still would have lost either way.

Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #1924 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »
I don't usually get involved with drama and asked my guys to ignore it, but this seems to be directed at us for no reason, as
1). dan didnt ask how many we'd bring beforehand and
2). we haven't brought more than 17 to any RGL match this season so even the smallest amount of research would have shown him this. (as many have pointed out its a competition, not bring your whole reg and hope they all get to play-tition).

But I do have to question who he sent away anyway from the server, as his kgm went 0-20 :/

Spoiler
/spoiler]

[close]

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: January 14, 2018, 04:37:53 pm »

Write a story with dan in it plesss!!!
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
« Reply #1926 on: January 14, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »
Whilst it is understandable that it might be annoying for regiments to leave players in spectator just because of their opponents bringing fewer opponents than they could, in particular if the regiment bringing fewer could easily field a larger solid team, it is still a competetive league. It should hardly be suprising that some regiments bring only their best. Why would the leader of the regiment bring players who can not hold their own to a match and thus jeopardize his regiment's chances of winning as a result of the holes in the line that will quickly appear as the less experienced players are picked off? Or bring people who simply can't keep up with the rest of the players?

And as a former Spartan, just because you bring your best doesn't mean you're a tryhard, it certainly applies to a great deal of people, but you hardly have to be a tryhard to be good at the game. Not everyone has to wear a sweatband because you want to win so badly, and even if you don't care much whether you win or not, it is annoying to have teammates who drag the team down (as in not doing anything useful and just dying quickly). Often people calling others tryhards are simply using it as an excuse that they can not beat them, but again there's more to being a tryhard than just good at the game.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: January 14, 2018, 05:35:47 pm »

It was a long day, and a very tired and happy Dan emerged from the nearest community centre where he had spent the last 3 hours dancing in a circular pattern. Rare footage of the event later emerged the next day and can be seen later on in this epic story.

Dan, walked along the path humming the tune of the barbie girl song, for it was his favourite song. He thought the day had gone superb and could get even better by beating 33rd later on in the day. He had done is best to tell everyone in the community centre the event was on and was gleefully pleased with himself for doing so that he ate a hotdog from the park hotdog stand.

After pitching up a tent to eat the hotdog in, Dan slowly eats the hotdog, making sure to take all of the hour to eat it in. After doing so, he continues on his way. A little while later, he ends up in his mums basement and is ready for action. He loads up Mount & Blade and is ready to face 33rd, sure that they will be able to bring 25 members! But not quite remembering that when the swedes left 33rd, so did most of the competitive players 33rd had, so they bring 15!

GASP, SHOCK HORROR! 15 people did Dan think! He scratched his head but thought, ez pz, we'll demolish them. A bruising and a cruising later, 33rd emerged victorious. What excuses can I use, said Dan. 10 mins of sitting on a pile of salt, Dan remembered. 33rd have more than 15 members in their regiment, so I can use that as a excuse! Dan didn't realise, he could have brought his 15 best players as well.

Many tears later, Dan still holding onto the excuse he had used, returned to the community center and began drying his tears by dancing in a circular fashion.

Rare footage of the dancing:

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1928 on: January 14, 2018, 05:48:28 pm »
Spoiler

It was a long day, and a very tired and happy Dan emerged from the nearest community centre where he had spent the last 3 hours dancing in a circular pattern. Rare footage of the event later emerged the next day and can be seen later on in this epic story.

Dan, walked along the path humming the tune of the barbie girl song, for it was his favourite song. He thought the day had gone superb and could get even better by beating 33rd later on in the day. He had done is best to tell everyone in the community centre the event was on and was gleefully pleased with himself for doing so that he ate a hotdog from the park hotdog stand.

After pitching up a tent to eat the hotdog in, Dan slowly eats the hotdog, making sure to take all of the hour to eat it in. After doing so, he continues on his way. A little while later, he ends up in his mums basement and is ready for action. He loads up Mount & Blade and is ready to face 33rd, sure that they will be able to bring 25 members! But not quite remembering that when the swedes left 33rd, so did most of the competitive players 33rd had, so they bring 15!

GASP, SHOCK HORROR! 15 people did Dan think! He scratched his head but thought, ez pz, we'll demolish them. A bruising and a cruising later, 33rd emerged victorious. What excuses can I use, said Dan. 10 mins of sitting on a pile of salt, Dan remembered. 33rd have more than 15 members in their regiment, so I can use that as a excuse! Dan didn't realise, he could have brought his 15 best players as well.

Many tears later, Dan still holding onto the excuse he had used, returned to the community center and began drying his tears by dancing in a circular fashion.

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Holy fuck Bob you made my day LOL
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

AeroNinja

« Reply #1929 on: January 14, 2018, 05:56:24 pm »
That story was amazing. Had a good giggle. Nice one bob. :D

Offline Mighty Irish Man

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Mighty
« Reply #1930 on: January 14, 2018, 06:04:43 pm »
But not quite remembering that when the swedes left 33rd, so did most of the competitive players 33rd had, so they bring 15!

Just saying, the 33rd are pushing hard to rebuild their competitive scene and would welcome back any competitive players that fancied it ;P

Lovely story Bob, the 33rd shall be reading this as a bed time story tonight.

Offline Speculaaskoekje

• Sergeant
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 14, 2018, 06:11:27 pm »

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 14, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »

Spoiler

[close]
you should win awards for writing these!

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 14, 2018, 06:21:17 pm »
Gimme forum personality award

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 14, 2018, 06:46:03 pm »
You should start writing your own book Bob!