Author Topic: Sound issue Napoleonic Wars on NW_Official_NA1 and maybe others  (Read 768 times)

Offline Rove

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Hi,
When I try and play multiplayer Napoleonic Wars on NW_Official_NA1 server I get this crazy yammering like every single character is talking scripted dialogue at once. That means there is like 50 voices saying "you have a nice head on your shoulders" and stuff at once. Also sometimes random weapon sounds and other stuff but mostly just like a jabbering mob.

It makes it kind of suck because I have to play with the sound muted.

I have been able to play on some other servers with sound working fine though some may also have the same issue.

Anyways I'd really like it to stop because it means I can't use sound or can't play. I have been playing Vanilla Warband instead so far because of that. That server is the most popular and populated for Napoleonic Wars usually so it's kind of a big deal to me.

Anyone fix it or help me?

Offline goodstuff

• Sergeant Major
  • Cannonball magnets
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rifles_Shrps_goodstuff
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sound issue Napoleonic Wars on NW_Official_NA1 and maybe others
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »
Just delete the sound folder in NW and then go to steam, right click on warband, click properties and then verify integrity of game cache. This will re-download the sound folder. Let me know if that works out for ya.