Author Topic: NFL QB tier list (WIP)  (Read 11850 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NFL QB tier list (WIP)
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 07:30:39 am »
I think you’re overblowing fumbles for quarterbacks. They fumble more than any position for obvious reasons. Kyle Allen is up there with Minshew, Cousins, Goff, Watson, and Dalton for fumbles right now. All these guys have pretty bad offensive lines. Allen has also only fumbled once in his last two games. The difference here is that Kyle Allen has 0 interceptions.

Allen does a much better job of finding his outlets than Cam. He spreads out the defense more than Cam which helps McCaffrey get more space to operate. With Cam in, the defense just has to focus on the backfield instead of worrying about the receivers.

If Kyle Allen keeps winning games I think Cam should be saved for later. Cam could come back when fully healthy instead of being rushed, which is perfect for the Panthers. Cam has more talent but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2019, 07:44:58 am »
I think you’re overblowing fumbles for quarterbacks. They fumble more than any position for obvious reasons. Kyle Allen is up there with Minshew, Cousins, Goff, Watson, and Dalton for fumbles right now. All these guys have pretty bad offensive lines. Allen has also only fumbled once in his last two games. The difference here is that Kyle Allen has 0 interceptions.

Allen does a much better job of finding his outlets than Cam. He spreads out the defense more than Cam which helps McCaffrey get more space to operate. With Cam in, the defense just has to focus on the backfield instead of worrying about the receivers.

If Kyle Allen keeps winning games I think Cam should be saved for later. Cam could come back when fully healthy instead of being rushed, which is perfect for the Panthers. Cam has more talent but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

A fumble is a turnover just like an interception is you can't just disregard them because they happen in the backfield. In fact I would argue that they're worse than interceptions as at least they usually happen more downfield.

As for "finding outlets" you failed to address any of my points about how McCaffrey and the play of the rest of the panthers have bolstered him. To even attempt to say Allen spreads the defense out more is blasphemous. With Cam in they have to watch all 11 players, sideline to sideline. It's no secret Cam Newton is a better athlete than Allen and has a much bigger arm as well. His scrambling ability forces someone to spy and allows more room for his receivers to operate, frankly the opposite of what you are saying about "spreading out the defense". There is no way you can say that "they don't have to worry about receivers" when Cam is in. That's a ridiculous take and fails to account for the fact that this is arguably the best supporting cast the panthers have ever had.

I do agree, there's no need to rush Cam back but he has 2 weeks now to get right for their next game against the 49ers and frankly if he's healthy there's no way Kyle Allen should start over him. In fact Schefter reported that Cam's injury has healed well and expects him to be healthy soon. (https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1183872112303493121?s=21)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:48:47 am by Hawkince »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2019, 01:27:18 pm »
I hope cam comes back and the panthers tank
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2019, 08:10:05 pm »
I hope cam comes back and the panthers tank
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2019, 01:41:07 am »
die

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2019, 02:21:47 am »
danny to low
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »
Told y’all Ryan Finley would replace Dalton this year.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 06:37:06 pm »
need to see some trades today

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 06:38:14 pm »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2019, 07:08:59 pm »

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 09:06:30 am »
Lol where are all the Kyle Allen stans now boomers smdh

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 06:45:58 pm »

He ain't the long term answer but clearly he's better than Cam rn. Best ability is availability and Cam is made of glass. He still has a winning record with this shaky team too.

Panthers are lucky this draft class has 5 studs at the top of the draft at QB.

Also the Falcons game is his only game where I can fully blame him for the loss. The 49ers have the best defense rn so obviously he was gonna get rocked by them. Green Bay is also a top team in the NFL and he basically led them all the way down the field in the end and would've won the game if there was a better angle for the review on the last play.

When Kyle Allen has to throw the ball 43 times and 50 times you know you're fucked and that's what happened the last two games. I'm no Kyle Allen stan but if you think the Panthers should be any better than they are right now you're crazy. They have overperformed.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2019, 02:22:37 am »

He ain't the long term answer but clearly he's better than Cam rn. Best ability is availability and Cam is made of glass. He still has a winning record with this shaky team too.

Also the Falcons game is his only game where I can fully blame him for the loss. The 49ers have the best defense rn so obviously he was gonna get rocked by them. Green Bay is also a top team in the NFL and he basically led them all the way down the field in the end and would've won the game if there was a better angle for the review on the last play.

When Kyle Allen has to throw the ball 43 times and 50 times you know you're fucked and that's what happened the last two games. I'm no Kyle Allen stan but if you think the Panthers should be any better than they are right now you're crazy. They have overperformed.

https://twitter.com/billym_91/status/1197928900275425282?s=21 Kyle Allen isn't half the quarterback Cam Newton is and in all honestly we can easily win the Packers and Falcons game with Cam Newton. He just doesn't have the arm strength, elusiveness, speed or athleticism that Cam does and there's no way in hell the Panthers draft a QB this season. I don't know what you mean by 5 studs at the top of the draft because Tua is easily the #1 prospect this year even with being hurt. Then who? Joe Burrow? Jake Fromm?

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 02:11:18 am »

https://twitter.com/billym_91/status/1197928900275425282?s=21 Kyle Allen isn't half the quarterback Cam Newton is and in all honestly we can easily win the Packers and Falcons game with Cam Newton. He just doesn't have the arm strength, elusiveness, speed or athleticism that Cam does and there's no way in hell the Panthers draft a QB this season. I don't know what you mean by 5 studs at the top of the draft because Tua is easily the #1 prospect this year even with being hurt. Then who? Joe Burrow? Jake Fromm?

Tua Tagovailoa
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Jake Fromm
Jacob Eason

These guys are all capable of being taken in the first round. Then there are guys like Jalen Hurts, Kellen Mond, Jordan Love, and others that can improve their draft stock.

Then next years class will also have some interesting qb prospects especially if Eason stays another year.

I am a big Tua guy and I love him but after the injury he definitely isn't safe at #1 IMO.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 05:04:43 am »
this didnt age well LMAO

Well it still happened so I was still right. Sadly Dalton gets his resurgence and smacks my Jets.

Being a Jets fan is the worst thing in the world. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.