Author Topic: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Final Update Posted!  (Read 133956 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gibby & Herishey's All Time NW List(s) - Both Regiments List Added!
« Reply #1290 on: April 08, 2021, 03:00:53 pm »
Spoiler
Because all those people appear in more than one era. Longevity was taken into account as well as other factors (it says at the bottom of the thread).

:)
[close]

Not sure what you are trying to say there  :P

Thing is I don't know why you're using me as a comparison when even though I wasn't as active I used to be back in the days, I still won tournaments here and there (RGL with 85e, NWWC in 2017). I'm sure you would have better understood my case if you did bother to check the past tournaments results in 2020-21 beforehand.

He is using you as a comparison because you both are in top 10 in one era only. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1291 on: April 08, 2021, 03:04:03 pm »
Spoiler
Because all those people appear in more than one era. Longevity was taken into account as well as other factors (it says at the bottom of the thread).

[close]

Thing is I don't know why you're using me as a comparison when even though I wasn't as active I used to be back in the days, I still won tournaments here and there (RGL with 85e, NWWC in 2017). I'm sure you would have better understood my case if you did bother to check the past tournaments results in 2020-21 beforehand.

He is using you as a comparison because you both are in top 10 in one era only. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
Yeah that side makes sense but the eras were only used in relation to the all time in a few ways. E.g. if you were top 10 in 2 eras you instantly go to tier 1, if you were top 10 in one era you're instantly into tier 4 or above, etc (this excludes the early eras in some cases if those players were not active after).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #1292 on: April 08, 2021, 03:11:40 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Yeah that side makes sense but the eras were only used in relation to the all time in a few ways. E.g. if you were top 10 in 2 eras you instantly go to tier 1, if you were top 10 in one era you're instantly into tier 4 or above, etc (this excludes the early eras in some cases if those players were not active after).

yeah I'm not denying anything, just pointing out the obvious  :P
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1293 on: April 08, 2021, 03:21:04 pm »
Imagine being on a list and still complaining :'(
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #1294 on: April 08, 2021, 03:25:27 pm »
First step is getting on a list, next step is talking your way to the top of one

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #1295 on: April 08, 2021, 03:36:03 pm »
Manda  ;D ;D
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1296 on: April 08, 2021, 03:48:53 pm »
First step is getting on a list, next step is talking your way to the top of one
I'm top 5 on the shit talkers list, weak. Need to take that #1 spot.

Next stream will be straight fire.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1297 on: April 08, 2021, 04:05:20 pm »

Win an award first then talk!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #1298 on: April 08, 2021, 04:18:36 pm »

Win an award first then talk!

yes vegi worked hard for the award give him some recognition. ( by working hard i mean acc working hard )
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:22:04 pm by R1bazZz »
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 08, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

I believe he meant although he isn't in the top 30 era's he's been generally active in the comp scene longer than you have, as has Nosswill.

The French era goes from late 2016 to early 2018. Which means the majority of that period you agree you weren't a top player in.

It does not quite make sense. I am trying to understand the methodology here, and its nothing personal to ClaSh or Nosswill. I think they are great players and to be clear, do not think they deserve a lower tier. 

The thing I am trying to understand is... I am in tier 3 because I appeared in top 30 only once and lucky to even get a tier 3 because of it according to you, yet, ClaSh and Nosswill have also only appeared in Era section once but they deserve tier 2 because they have been active for longer even though they were not in the top 30? This is not necessarily true, I played prior to 2015 (in teams such as VL, Fruitninja and more), I just simply was not in top 30 like Nosswill and Clash were in the years I was top...

I think what Herishey is trying to say is you're shit mate,

couldn't even get into UA smhhhhh
Because he has to play for England. Use brain dude smhhhhhhhh.
[close]

Yup I know the rules of NWWC and why he couldn’t play for UA  I was literally trialing for ENG and played the same trial matches with him.

Manda Maskman flank was pretty loose, it’s actually criminal we didn’t get in smh :'(

ok

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 04:36:12 pm by Tomppa »
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 08, 2021, 05:02:39 pm »
stark vilken shuno

Offline MaNdar1nch1k

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 08, 2021, 06:15:54 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

Just to point out some eras are longer than others, I.e. if there was an era for 2015 and 2016, I probs would of made it to top 10 in both era then somehow that would automatically make me tier 1. That does not seem right to me. Doing it by year would of been more consistent and fair.

The fact you took activity into consideration makes things very debatable and very hard to judge. For example, a player could come to NW scene, and play competitively for 6-12 month and absolutely dominate the NW scene by winning everything. This player could be the best player to ever play NW but then because he/she decides to quit, after a short period of time for whatever reason, they do not deserve a high tier? In that case, the tiers do not truly represent players skill, does it? Now on the contradictory side, I do see your point, as players activity duration demonstrates for how long and well a player can upkeep their skill which is a fair point however if you refer back to the example I mentioned few sentences back, if a player leaves NW when they are playing well, then who are you/we to change them for how long they would have upkept being in the top 10. This has to be judged based on their prime.

You say all of this is based on facts... but Axiom was not around in 2015-2016... So I am very confused as to why he is on top 30 even. It makes sense to follow a list that was made back in 2015 by Haze, Lebrave and about 7 other players because it was done based on facts back then....  P.S Axiom you are a legend so nothing personal here.

I know it may look like I am moaning about being in tier 3 and not tier 2 and in all honesty there is no way to please everyone with their score (unless we give everyone tier 1 but even then people would probs still complain xD). I just dont agree with methodology used. There is not a lot of consistency here. As I said before, solely based on the front page, I, Nosswill and Clash appeared only once in Era's and therefore I have the same right to claim tier 2 as they do. Now you did defend it by saying they were in top 40 in other era's but solely based on the front page.. there is no top 40... so that defeats the point you made.

Don't take any of this as an attack on your Herishey, because what you have done here is amazing. This probs took you and others many weeks and hours to do.

against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #1302 on: April 08, 2021, 06:29:53 pm »
Bro Tier 3 players have the biggest dick anyways

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #1303 on: April 08, 2021, 06:41:09 pm »
Mandar is a legend end of story  8)

Offline Nosswill

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nosswill | Nr13
« Reply #1304 on: April 08, 2021, 07:07:39 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

[close]

Just to point out some eras are longer than others, I.e. if there was an era for 2015 and 2016, I probs would of made it to top 10 in both era then somehow that would automatically make me tier 1. That does not seem right to me. Doing it by year would of been more consistent and fair.

The fact you took activity into consideration makes things very debatable and very hard to judge. For example, a player could come to NW scene, and play competitively for 6-12 month and absolutely dominate the NW scene by winning everything. This player could be the best player to ever play NW but then because he/she decides to quit, after a short period of time for whatever reason, they do not deserve a high tier? In that case, the tiers do not truly represent players skill, does it? Now on the contradictory side, I do see your point, as players activity duration demonstrates for how long and well a player can upkeep their skill which is a fair point however if you refer back to the example I mentioned few sentences back, if a player leaves NW when they are playing well, then who are you/we to change them for how long they would have upkept being in the top 10. This has to be judged based on their prime.

You say all of this is based on facts... but Axiom was not around in 2015-2016... So I am very confused as to why he is on top 30 even. It makes sense to follow a list that was made back in 2015 by Haze, Lebrave and about 7 other players because it was done based on facts back then....  P.S Axiom you are a legend so nothing personal here.

I know it may look like I am moaning about being in tier 3 and not tier 2 and in all honesty there is no way to please everyone with their score (unless we give everyone tier 1 but even then people would probs still complain xD). I just dont agree with methodology used. There is not a lot of consistency here. As I said before, solely based on the front page, I, Nosswill and Clash appeared only once in Era's and therefore I have the same right to claim tier 2 as they do. Now you did defend it by saying they were in top 40 in other era's but solely based on the front page.. there is no top 40... so that defeats the point you made.

Don't take any of this as an attack on your Herishey, because what you have done here is amazing. This probs took you and others many weeks and hours to do.
If you want a list without any subjective opinion from other players and unbiased stats, you should probably go to the Historia Continuum thread made by Tardet and Tiberias. But taken into account how much work and how many people worked on Gibbys and Herisheys list, it is safe to say that there are some minor things to discuss about, but all in all it represents the overall competetive state of NW quite well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:09:42 pm by Nosswill »
Darkcore , the coke of noswill and moskito  .. Is their any places remaining in  your mouth ?
Ausser Exo, der wird gemutet.