Author Topic: Windows 10 update problem?  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Windows 10 update problem?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 03:17:22 pm »
I mean after/if I'm able to wipe it. Can I still use the drive afterwards or will it still be screwy? Thank you!

No. A crashed HDD is completely useless.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »
I mean after/if I'm able to wipe it. Can I still use the drive afterwards or will it still be screwy? Thank you!

No. A crashed HDD is completely useless.

Okay, thank you!

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 11:24:20 pm »
Aight, so after some trouble shooting I found out it was my windows. I temporarily fixed it but after a second update, windows isn't loading... again. My computer will post now but once the MoBo logo displays it'll try to load windows but after a few seconds it'll revert back to the MoBo logo and repeat. Is my windows just currupted and how would I go about fixing it?
Can you get into the BIOS? The harddrive should be listed in there, that might be a good way to check if its not recognizing your hdd
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 01:21:12 am »
Aight, so after some trouble shooting I found out it was my windows. I temporarily fixed it but after a second update, windows isn't loading... again. My computer will post now but once the MoBo logo displays it'll try to load windows but after a few seconds it'll revert back to the MoBo logo and repeat. Is my windows just currupted and how would I go about fixing it?
Can you get into the BIOS? The harddrive should be listed in there, that might be a good way to check if its not recognizing your hdd

Yeah I can, but it clearly recognizes the hdd b/c it's trying to load windows. It wouldn't do that if it at least recognized the hdd, right?

Little back ground, I have 3 drives: One 1TB mechanical drive and two 250GB(ea.) solid state. My mech. drive has all of my games on it, nothing else. One of my solid state has windows and other programs while the other is completely empty.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 09:52:27 pm »

Yeah I can, but it clearly recognizes the hdd b/c it's trying to load windows. It wouldn't do that if it at least recognized the hdd, right?

Little back ground, I have 3 drives: One 1TB mechanical drive and two 250GB(ea.) solid state. My mech. drive has all of my games on it, nothing else. One of my solid state has windows and other programs while the other is completely empty.
Interesting, since you have an extra drive, maybe you can do a fresh install of windows onto your empty one and see if that one boots. Then just copy your stuff over and wipe the old one
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 01:13:52 am »

Interesting, since you have an extra drive, maybe you can do a fresh install of windows onto your empty one and see if that one boots. Then just copy your stuff over and wipe the old one

That's what I was planning to do

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 03:37:45 pm »
So update. I did a fresh windows in install on my second SSD (Also wiped my first) and it seems to be working now. Oddly enough though, despite having just downloaded steam (b/c of the fresh download), I'm getting a steam service/vac error on CSGO... I'm pretty sure I fixed that though (Had to run some Steam Service repair file).

tl:dr: It works now but if it isn't one thing, it's another.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:14:15 pm by Ryner »

Offline CarsonChristian

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2023, 11:18:54 am »
Hey there, guys. Sorry for bumping the old thread. My GF has Windows 7 on her laptop, but I'd like to get her Windows 10, cause she really liked it when I gave her my laptop. The system doesn't offer a free update for some reason...

Wursti

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2023, 12:32:17 pm »
Hey there, guys. Sorry for bumping the old thread. My GF has Windows 7 on her laptop, but I'd like to get her Windows 10, cause she really liked it when I gave her my laptop. The system doesn't offer a free update for some reason...

Wasnt the free update just a limited time offer until 2018?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2023, 04:06:19 pm »
Wurst replying to bots...
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2023, 04:18:19 pm »

Wursti

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2023, 04:28:11 pm »
Wurst replying to bots...

happens

if its not a bot i am the only nice person on this forum and if its a bot i lost nothing!!

Offline LilahHoffman

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 10:16:16 am »
Hey dude, no worries about bumping the old thread! We're all here to help each other out. Though MS doesn't support W7 anymore, they had to offer you a free update. I actually have no idea why they've not done it yet. Anyway, have you heard of windows 10 cheap keys? They're basically product keys that you can buy for a fraction of the price of a regular key. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller to avoid any scams. Also, I'm new on this forum, but I hope I was able to help you out!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 12:37:15 am by LilahHoffman »