Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106662 times)

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2013, 12:04:35 am »
This is so damned ridiculous. Month after month promises for release, no info then no goddamn patch.
Tw need a good slapping around the earhole... the earhole I say!
A Major Bastard

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2013, 08:24:45 am »
What the patch is worth if it destroyes the balance?

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #362 on: June 05, 2013, 11:45:32 am »
Just want to remind everyoneabout this before you finish up the patch. :) Make the lancers weaker! or atleast make em drop their lances once drawing their swords.

Spoiler
4. Lancers. If you think they are not OP, then don't change anything and see if any better cav regiment will want to play fair 1vs1's against them. My ideas are : only couched attack, drop after swiching weapon, medium horses, much slower stab, etc. choose whatever you want.

The only thing I'd like to see changed with lancers is that if they switch from lance to sword they would auto drop the lance.

And I disagree with your partial disagreement. As it stands now, lances have all the advantages against cav and infantry. This is because, in native, where the lancing system comes from, the only way to counter a couch-lance is with a shield, and since shields aren't in NW, and the lance is just about the longest weapon in game (not counting partisan pikes), it is rather, here it comes, OP. I agree with Matim's ideas, I rather like them.
[close]

I have to agree too. It's just the point that the fast and strong stab of a lance is very unrealistic and op, although the soldier move it with just on arm.
In my opinion the lance should be slower and have a chance to break if the enemy was hit or he blocked. Btw if you do this it would be useful if the lancers horse get a bit more lifeforce, to be able to fight with his sword.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2013, 12:04:07 pm »
Do nothing to Lancers, they are fine, they are supposed to have advantages against cav in a charge. The force drop lance when switching to sword would be welcome though as it's plain silly being able to stuff it away it your pocket. This would make the class more interesting to use as you are forced to use your judgement.

These things will be very welcome to me:
Functioning Dragoons in Commander Battles
Arty crews will drop ramrod when killed.
Seamen will be able to operate cannons.
Bringing all rifle sergeants up to the same accuracy as rifle rankers.
Functioning pistols
MARINES and ships
A Major Bastard

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »
Yet again you say: Do nothing to Lancers and then: The force drop lance when switching to sword would be welcome though

I dont think that is "nothing" :P Making the lancers drop their lance when switching to sword is something I think the majority of us agree on.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #365 on: June 05, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »
Why would you change lancers? There purpose is to be effective against other cav.

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2013, 01:48:18 pm »
Silence Pride!  "lancers were vulnerable against other cavalry, as the lance proved a clumsy and ineffective weapon. Only the first impact made a great effect, but after the initial charge the lancers were told to drop their lances and commense the fight using their sabres" according to historian Alessandro Barbero. Take Dat. Also we dont have shields so couched lanced are god damn OP.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:52:51 pm by The Norseman »

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »
coughed lanced are god damn OP.

Give them some Calpol and I'm sure they'll recover.
Spoiler
[close]

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Cthulhu

• Donator
  • Cthulhu/Cthulu/Tulu/C'thulhu/Cathulu/Kathuhut/...
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:04 pm »
couched lanced are god damn OP.
You do realize that you can both dodge a couched lance easily and/or easily out range it with a bayonet. or if you are talking about cav v cav you just dodge it and kill him (or, god forbid, use teamwork)

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:21 pm »
Not always, not without either being run over, which again leads you vulnerable for other cav or inf to take you out, unless the lancer player really really sucks he will be able to atleast knock you over. It is idiotic having to jump out of its reach all of the time and unless the lancer player never have tried the class before he can easily outrange the infantry.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »
I have a suggestion, it's not hard at all to make this happen.

In commander battle, when a player chooses to bring a company of artillery, he is accompanied by artillery guard artillerists. Now, I was wondering, and would like to suggest, is it possible to do the same thing for every other gamemode? There will be four options when choosing artillery...

Ranker: Ramrod, Cannon Lighter, Side-Sabre,
Guard: Musket, Ramrod,
Sergeant: Artillery Horse, Artillery Option, Cannon Lighter, Side-Sabre, also a suggestion to add a Ramrod,
Officer: Telescopic Sight, Cannon Lighter, Officer Sword.

Is this fairly easy to implement? If you can add Marines to two factions, you should be able to add an artillerist guard to the artillery for each faction as well.

The addition of a new unit to the artillery per each faction is simply copy and paste, and replace the sabre briquet or cannon lighter with a musket. It also will not lag the game any further, since it's adding one new unit to each faction, for a total of eleven new units with this new patch. (My count includes the new marine units and the artillerist guards.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:33:31 pm by kpetschulat »

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2013, 11:00:26 am »
Nah arty people don't need a guard unit, if you really want guards, get a regiment to protect you ...

But, the ability to also have a ramrod as arty train would be pretty handy indeed.
As of right now especially in public servers it's relying on teamwork, and there is soooo much teamwork on public server servers it's amazing... :/

I've seen a lot of people go arty train then suicide and respawn as ranker because they don't start with a ramrod.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:04:09 am by MazZ »

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »
4. Lancers. If you think they are not OP, then don't change anything and see if any better cav regiment will want to play fair 1vs1's against them. My ideas are : only couched attack, drop after swiching weapon, medium horses, much slower stab, etc. choose whatever you want.
how about nerfing the standard damage (non crouched) down a bit say to around 25p (which is around the damage from the native lances) it would mean lancers can use the normal attack but they would need a good hit to kill or they use the crouch attack which is much more likely to kill but they lose the ranged advantage and can only attack forward with it
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2013, 10:01:16 am »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
Somebody please explain.
At the 2v2 tournament two guys trolled by having the same name. I am pretty sure you will automaticly be kicked then.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:15:17 pm by Dekkers »
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"