Author Topic: Mini-Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2019 | 1st: ENG 2nd: FRA 3rd: NL  (Read 46156 times)

Offline MrDixon

• Second Lieutenant
  • bI
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrDixon
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mini-Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2019
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2019, 12:22:36 am »
This thing didn't get updated yet. Since Max was playing last year for Ukraine
So you admit that you cheated last year?
xD

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2019, 12:35:42 am »
Didn't know that i'm swedish but ok and why is there a team called somalian pirates wtf

What do you mean? Aren't you from Sweden?

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #287 on: June 09, 2019, 01:47:31 pm »
Looking for more referees, if you are interested to help us with the best NWWC season ever, just PM me or Herishey via Steam. If you don't want to be referee, but you want to help us - PM us anyway, apparently we need any kind of help.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2019, 03:11:32 pm »
Looking for more referees, if you are interested to help us with the best NWWC season ever, just PM me or Herishey via Steam. If you don't want to be referee, but you want to help us - PM us anyway, apparently we need any kind of help.

Quite right fam

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #289 on: June 09, 2019, 03:26:08 pm »
Out of curiosity, what prevents you from running some sort of loser bracket / M-NWWC B for the teams which happen to drop out during the group stage. These sort of events by nations happen once a year at best and there is usually a decent amount of preparation put in it for most teams. I understand you can't do much about it format wise as two teams qualified from the groups + a knockout stage is by far the most competitive and interesting format, but I imagine some teams would appreciate the opportunity to play a few more matches while competing against an opposition of a 'somewhat' similar level.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2019, 03:33:29 pm »
Out of curiosity, what prevents you from running some sort of loser bracket / M-NWWC B for the teams which happen to drop out during the group stage. These sort of events by nations happen once a year at best and there is usually a decent amount of preparation put in it for most teams. I understand you can't do much about it format wise as two teams qualified from the groups + a knockout stage is by far the most competitive and interesting format, but I imagine some teams would appreciate the opportunity to play a few more matches while competing against an opposition of a 'somewhat' similar level.
Of course that's a good idea, but it more depends on teams and team captains than on us with Herishey, since as it is always in NW, as far league goes then less people are interested in continuing it. Just take a look on the last year's season, when we were waiting for 1 and half month to play Bronze match against Germany and England have waited 2 months to play France.

It's all up to community, I'm just cba to host the one tournament for 4 months.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #291 on: June 09, 2019, 03:58:13 pm »
A loser-bracket / M-NWWC B can be run alongside the knockout stage as it is strictly independent of the main event. Basically, you ask the 11 teams which didn't make it out of the groups if they had been interested in continuing the tournament for a bit longer and you work out a format based on the numbers of nations you get.

Sure, as for everything, it asks a commitment from the captains but the whole point of that system is to give more matches for the teams complaining about not playing that many officials, so I doubt it would be an issue here.

All you need to make sure of is having enough servers to run both events at the same time. If you time things right and depending on the amount of team you get for your M-NWWC B, your secondary tournament would finish one or two weeks after the main event. If there are nations which would enjoy that opportunity, then I would say to go for it, and if motivation/time in an issue on your side, then I'm more than glad to help you out.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:02:49 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 09, 2019, 04:18:37 pm »
Servers and referees are the main problem for us right now. So as long as we won't fix it we can't think about the secondary bracket.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #293 on: June 09, 2019, 04:28:41 pm »
Just wanted to give you guys props for the professionalism in every aspect of this event. I appreciate that none of this is new and it has all been done before, but regardless, well done on everything.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

David_Schrein

« Reply #294 on: June 09, 2019, 04:41:42 pm »
Servers and referees are the main problem for us right now. So as long as we won't fix it we can't think about the secondary bracket.
57e is open to maybe drop 2 servers. Steam msg me later about it.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2019, 05:30:46 pm »
Ive got a strassbourg server that people have german ping on if you guys need a german server. I'd need the official maps tho.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2019, 06:39:45 pm »
Ive got a strassbourg server that people have german ping on if you guys need a german server. I'd need the official maps tho.
Scam

Offline Kulouš

• Colonel
  • Jsme Češi! Nikdy se nevzdáme! Slyšíte?! Nikdy!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kulouš
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2019, 08:55:02 pm »
Scam

Stop the bully plz

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2019, 09:28:11 pm »
SVK have pulled out due to lack of interest so everyone in their group get a free win.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2019, 09:50:03 am »
Everyone has till the end of June 30th to play all their group stage matches, if anyone has an issue with that please contact me directly.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.