Author Topic: What's your next buy?  (Read 106162 times)

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
Re: What's your next buy?
« Reply #750 on: April 09, 2014, 03:20:41 pm »
... Mr T  my good lad, hows the weather going, the orb seems to have returned to us, but the clouds havnt gone back yet... ;)

The orb of fire hath returned after the great cloud of smog flew in last week, the inhabitants of Liverpool thrived in the smog but now the sun has returned they have fled back to their burnt cars and council houses in terror.

P.S People, the only way you can be 100% authentic is actually being a soldier at the period...just saying....

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #751 on: April 09, 2014, 03:29:25 pm »
My aim is to be authentic as I possibly can, at least.

Paid about £20-£30 more to get my shirts (which will barely be seen once I have my tunic) just so I would be in linen instead of cotton. And I'm hoping to start gearing towards camping with authentic stuff as soon as I can.
So far my priorities lie along the lines of:
1. Soft kit
2. Combat kit
3. Camping and shizznits.

Getting full soft kit is my first priority, as I can borrow group combat kit for the rest of the year. Once I have my soft kit sorted though, I'm going to start looking into getting my own helmet.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #752 on: April 09, 2014, 03:31:29 pm »
P.S People, the only way you can be 100% authentic is actually being a soldier at the period...just saying....

Mr_T, you and Davout have already made very clear that having an authentic AS POSSIBLE uniform was not part of your goals, so there's no reason to keep bringing up arguments. We know.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 09, 2014, 03:32:07 pm »
Hurrah for Civil War with the fatigue uniform fitting everything!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 09, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »
Yep, advantage of the impression. Just remember all the advantages you people got whenever criticizing Napoleonic re-enactors.  :P

Now, let's all be friends! Bitte, ja?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »
NO FRIENDS!!! DEATH TO ALL NON NAPOLEONIC REENACTORS< CHEAP YUCKY LOOKING CIVIL WAR FARBS, NEOS AND COMMIES!!!!

21eme, and friends TO ZE BUNKERS!!!!!!!  and bring duuring with you..we need him for....stuff...*evil scientist laugh*

rightio...i think me should get to sleep hehe...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 09, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »
I do thankee kindly brother Munk. Methinks all Napoleonics should report to Bunkertor Sieben please. :P

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2014, 04:33:59 pm »
I have to agree, if we're going to be 100% authentic, the only way that's going to happen is to be a soldier from the Napoleonic Wars.

Am I doing the men I portray an injustice because of the shoes I have on my feet, no I am not. Do I look unauthentic because of it, not really no. If it's been authentic enough to parade in front of the queen, then it's authentic enough for most things. My baker rifle isn't authentic, for a start it's not even rifled, and secondly it's made in india, does that make it any less of a rifle? no, it looks as it should do, and does what it should do (i.e. shoots frenchies (sorry Mr_T!)
Authenticity takes you so far in your portrayal, if you're such a snob about it as some Napoleonic units are, you end up looking like a load of dicks on the battlefield, I'm sure Mr_T and co will agree with that (coughcough rifle units with belgic shakos).
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
But...Rifle units did get the Belgic shakos...

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 09, 2014, 04:48:12 pm »
Everyone look like a dick in napoleonic with those phallic plume. :P

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #760 on: April 09, 2014, 04:49:16 pm »
That is exactly the reason why I am only buying the real stuff! Stuff that has been used by the soldiers 200 years ago. It is very expensive, but I am a Millionaire, so I can do it!

I am going to purchase Napoleons hat and Sabre for my Napoleon impression in a week. I am also eating a lot more than usual, so I get fat and look like Nappy.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #761 on: April 09, 2014, 04:49:22 pm »
My belt hooks, new bayonet frog, and my trouser suspenders just came in the mail all of five minutes ago. Cool righteous beans, y'all.

That is exactly the reason why I am only buying the real stuff! Stuff that has been used by the soldiers 200 years ago. It is very expensive, but I am a Millionaire, so I can do it!

I am going to purchase Napoleons hat and Sabre for my Napoleon impression in a week.

Don't forget to buy Napoleon's cock sock too!

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 09, 2014, 04:49:47 pm »
But...Rifle units did get the Belgic shakos...
according to my sources not until after waterloo
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 09, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »
Everyone look like a dick in napoleonic with those phallic plume. :P

It's the line infantry who look the worst with their used tampons on their shakos

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #764 on: April 09, 2014, 04:51:37 pm »
I wish there was a Prussian Footguard Group close to me. :( Their Tampons look awesome.

But all that is close is an almost inactive Freikorps group and dozens of KGL line and light infantry. Stupid KGL.