Author Topic: What's your next buy?  (Read 106599 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What's your next buy?
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
Landricks I think your getting this whole forum into german reenacting. xD

Not me! Not ever!

Zac knows what I'm talking about.  :P

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:35 pm »
Millander. Munk told me you had some interest doing ww2?

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »
russian stuff a whole lot of it
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »
Bah that's boring.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:39 pm »
Russian's pretty cool, I've talked with König about it.

Duuring's afraid if he puts on a stahlhelm he'll be possessed to start listening to Skrewdriver and burning crosses in lawns. xD
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2013, 12:44:21 am »
Duuring's afraid if he puts on a stahlhelm he'll be possessed to start listening to Skrewdriver and burning crosses in lawns. xD

Not really. I've got family that were in the war and if I were to start re-enacting the Germans, I'd felt pretty awkward to them. Well, that's an understatement - I couldn't even look them in the eyes without feeling guilty.

"Yeah, grandpa, I know you sat in camps for four years under an nation allied to the Germans but it's just re-enactment, so it's cool!"
 Nope. Doesn't quite cut it. Whether you do it is your own choice.

That's just talking about the Wehrmacht. Let alone the fucking SS. Also plenty of stories to go around, not just in my family. (Zac, I swear to God, if you say they are, comparably, 'not that bad' again, I'll photoshop a photo of you in Russian uniform waving a red banner and spread it around the internet. Starting with your facebook.  :P )

WW2 is also not that big in Western Europa, just not worth the money. Were I to start re-enacting it (If I could pick, probably do Polish in Exile or Dutch "Englandvaarders"), I'd like to have some real events, such as tacticals. Not 30 men demos. Bleh.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:50:15 am by Duuring »

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2013, 04:21:53 am »
and so it begins... it was inevitable that someone would draw politics into this

Blocked on Facebook

saving copies of your FB photos for propaganda use

GOT MIT UNS
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:24:53 am by zac »

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
  • The 1st Cavalry and Infantry Regiment is Recruitin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1stCI
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 04:23:39 am »
Whats my Next Buy?

A Tank.

These guys are amazing!
Spoiler
[close]

Anyone willing to lend me 300,000 AUD for a Tank, which they can have after.. 15 years?
Mother Führer Gentlemen -

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2013, 05:51:19 am »

Not really. I've got family that were in the war and if I were to start re-enacting the Germans, I'd felt pretty awkward to them. Well, that's an understatement - I couldn't even look them in the eyes without feeling guilty.

"Yeah, grandpa, I know you sat in camps for four years under an nation allied to the Germans but it's just re-enactment, so it's cool!"
 Nope. Doesn't quite cut it. Whether you do it is your own choice.

That's just talking about the Wehrmacht. Let alone the fucking SS. Also plenty of stories to go around, not just in my family. (Zac, I swear to God, if you say they are, comparably, 'not that bad' again, I'll photoshop a photo of you in Russian uniform waving a red banner and spread it around the internet. Starting with your facebook.  :P )

WW2 is also not that big in Western Europa, just not worth the money. Were I to start re-enacting it (If I could pick, probably do Polish in Exile or Dutch "Englandvaarders"), I'd like to have some real events, such as tacticals. Not 30 men demos. Bleh.

This is why I cant do Japanese ww2 reenacting...among other reasons.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:30 am »
and so it begins... it was inevitable that someone would draw politics into this
Blocked on Facebook
saving copies of your FB photos for propaganda use
GOT MIT UNS

MIT GOT FUR KONIG UND VATERLAND!

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:05 am »
LEt the flame war begin hehehe, ive got my photos/ammunition,

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
Thanks for the Info! Hypothermia, really?

So I have tweaked it abit and changed it too wool.. and increased the price by roughly $150 :<

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

If you see anythign wrong, please let me know, thanks for the Help though!

Biggest reason I suggested you get the wool uniform and cap from Hessen instead of Hiki is that when you get your uniform, you'll not only have to buy insignia for it, but sew it on yourself. For only $20 more for your tunic, you can have it all sewn on correctly and with proper insignia. It's well worth the cost in my opinion. Also the uniform will be more durable and last longer than the Hiki uniform. You can always buy these things in batches instead of all at once. But I can't stress how much I recommend buying wool uniforms from Hessen if you want something good and cheap.

...or, you know, you could shell out $400 for a god tier tunic from the UK. :P

Also, get 3 pair of foot wraps instead of one. You can always wear modern socks underneath, and the footwraps will eliminate any extra space in your boots so you'll be warmer and won't be so prone to blisters.

Oh! When you finally do get your shirt, cap, and shoes, you'll want to break them all in. Wear them around the house and look like a weirdo.

I think that should be it... Try to be on the lookout for deals on all kinds of sites. Here's some:
www.atthefront.com
www.mantheline.com
www.ima-usa.com
www.lostbattalions.com

They're all American. Don't know of much stores outside of the states other than a few in UK and DE.

Here's a good site to "finesse" your impression and get into the mindset of a German soldier during WWII. Great articles.
http://www.dererstezug.com/equipment.htm

Im sorry for using you, but your the Expert that is helping me from becoming a Farb... and thanks for that.
Spoiler
[close]

and this is what I need to get
Spoiler
[close]

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2013, 10:12:32 am »
i just got an assualt frame pack,minus the canteen from hessen, and can vouch for the quality

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2013, 10:24:52 am »
I didn't have any family that actively served on the frontlines in WWII anywhere. They were either on ships or stateside.

However, I did have two great grandfathers who served with the US Army in WWI and I'm a dirty boche.. Both gassed and both survived. Wish I knew more about them.

Im sorry for using you, but your the Expert that is helping me from becoming a Farb... and thanks for that.
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The Wachtbattalion boots are rubber soled, so you know. It's not an ultimate sin, but eventually down the line you should look into getting proper boots with hobnails and such.

Are you getting a cap and helmet?

The Sturmgepäck they're selling is pretty solid. You can really thrash around with it because it's all repro. ;) You attach it by the two upper hooks onto the rings on your Y-straps and the lower two hooks connect with those extra rings hanging from the front of your Y-straps. Pretty solid.

Spoiler
[close]
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline GodsonGuys

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2013, 10:30:12 am »
I didn't have any family that actively served on the frontlines in WWII anywhere. They were either on ships or stateside.

However, I did have two great grandfathers who served with the US Army in WWI and I'm a dirty boche.. Both gassed and both survived. Wish I knew more about them.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

The Wachtbattalion boots are rubber soled, so you know. It's not an ultimate sin, but eventually down the line you should look into getting proper boots with hobnails and such.

Are you getting a cap and helmet?

The Sturmgepäck they're selling is pretty solid. You can really thrash around with it because it's all repro. ;) You attach it by the two upper hooks onto the rings on your Y-straps and the lower two hooks connect with those extra rings hanging from the front of your Y-straps. Pretty solid.

Spoiler
[close]

Hopefully I will get a helmet, but they are also sold  out at hessen. Im sure I can find another one though