Yes
20 (57.1%)
No
13 (37.1%)
Unsure
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: February 18, 2015, 05:12:30 pm

Author Topic: 100 page limit  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
Re: 100 page limit
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 03:47:15 pm »
Pretty much what Audiate said. It's about opening the threads which are large and - particularly in the regimental section - full of images/videos. It was simply a way of providing stability to the server box so that the BCoF dev/test server isn't overtly impacted. The threads remain so they can be accessed, referenced etc, but don't have regular traffic of dozens of people opening up a large thread.

Due to the complaints that would inevitably arise if old threads were deleted, coupled with the insignificant benefit server-wise, there's no need to delete old threads.
This forum system has some limitations on the administrative side (being free, rather than hundreds of euros), and so it's not always easy to do everything you'd like, which may be available in (relatively) expensive forum systems. Due to this it would likely require mods trawling through hundreds of threads deleting them individually, which simply isn't something we have the time/sanity for.

Bullshit. No one would complain.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:02 pm »
keep this civil please and considering 9 out of 12 people agree with me on the poll it seems like the rest of the community will most likely will agree with me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:02:38 pm by Tharan »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:55 pm »
keep this civil please and considering 9 out of 12 people agree with me it seems like the community is with me

lol
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 04:01:25 pm »
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=19536.0

I already made a poll on this thread when the cap was first implemented, it eventually got removed.

It's not like we have a say in this lol

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 04:01:56 pm »
Just close the topic they wont change it lol its already done.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 04:05:27 pm »
So what will happen when bcof comes out ?
Your going to loads of people rejoining this forum and making new regiments and they will end up having to make thread after thread becuase they will reach the limit in a few weeks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:09:13 pm by Tharan »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 04:09:37 pm »
So what will happen when bcof comes out ?
Your going to loads of people rejoining and making regs and making nee threads once they reach the 100 page limit
When BCoF Comes out they can put money etc. towards a better server box. BCoF Is completely funded off donations i believe. So who would pay for this server box for the FSE Forums? Or could you just be nice people and live with the rules till they finish it (if they do ::) )
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 04:26:00 pm »
keep this civil please and considering 9 out of 12 people agree with me on the poll it seems like the rest of the community will most likely will agree with me.

The bullshit wasn't a hostile bullshit, it's simply just not true.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 05:33:01 pm »
keep this civil please and considering 9 out of 12 people agree with me it seems like the community is with me

I'd very much like to see which individuals are voting and their choices before assuming the community "agrees" with you.
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.