Author Topic: (NW) What made you want to get the game? And how did you find out about it?  (Read 8600 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
So Im kind of a Warband addict. I had already downed tons of hours into Warband SP and sometimes mp.

I got invited to a MM lb in March and came in at the tale end of the glory days. Bought NW in April and it has never been the same.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
  • Side: Union
I watch RipperX and he played Mount and musket. I had long searched for a musket game, and MM was my savior :P

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
Specifically for NW I guess I would say that I found out about it when I got invited to the beta. For MM I found out it when it popped up as a related video to some NTW clip I was watching back in February 2011

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Way back in the old days know as last march I saw some of the beta vids by Diplex. Thought it looked pretty cool being different from other games and such.

Offline James Clark

• Donator
  • ex-91st GroupFighting admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jimmy
My mate asked me to buy the game and join the regiment where he was. Since that time I only play NW! :D

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
A friend mentioned normal Warband to me, so since I thought that sounded pretty cool, I bought it. Then while looking at the M&B website, I saw word of a Napoleonic Wars DLC (I had previously played a bit of MM), and I thought:
Spoiler
[close]
So I bought it. I played it. And I loved it.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline GEN0C1DE

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22ndRK_Maj_Genocide
I saw the first video on a 250 Person Line Battle and it seemed amazing. So first thing I did was (1) I looked up more videos to see if it was actually pretty cool (2) I bought it. Lol. I thought it was amazing that 250 people could play in the same server at the same time. (I had been a Console Player for a while. :P). Well that's my story!

Offline Dwarf

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dwarfy
I was playing Mount and Blade: Warband and on the start up screen i looked at the modules and saw Napoleonic Wars. I played it. And loved it.

Offline Insomniac

• Private
    • View Profile
I remember watching some of Diplex's videos and thought the line battles in NW were awesome. While playing empire and napoleon TW I had always thought to myself, Hmmm.... I wonder what it would be like to play as the individual soldier instead of commanding vast armies. Then I bought Mount and blade and now it's slowy ruining my social life ;D

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
I was looking for a medieval war simulator type game, and Warband is pretty much just that. Played tons of singleplayer Native, Diplomany, PoP etc., until NW came out. Haven't played too much SP since then really

Offline Dusty

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I think it was because I watched one of Diplex's videos, not to sure though.

Offline Nano

• Alpha Tester
  • Community Anti-Cheerleader. Official Victim.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nano
Seen a video that Diplex posted ( was subbed for total war ) and thought, WTF a Napoleonic era first/third person action game! MUST GET
then i watched some videos from point man and was hooked
Quote from: Aldemar
the Nr24 has 91 trolls and Hekko is the troll mother

Offline Maverick

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Pvt_Maverick
I randomly watched a video on youtube of Fredrickson from the 1er shouting at people in a Scottish accent during a line battle. Started watching more videos and became intrigued by the game and decided to buy it, even though I don't play PC games much.

Offline Specimen

• Sergeant Major
  • Marche ou crève.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Specimen
Before, in September 2011, i had a bad name ( don't remember it ) and... i was on Dawn of War II Retribution ( GOOD GAME D: ) And... i was playing on a game and i met KNIGHT ( Captain of 14e ) and... he added me on steam and we talked like 2 hours, then he talked to me about MM RUSSIA, a napoleonic era mod because i had warband since it released and he saw it, and he wanted to recruit me for the 14e, i accepted, because i love this era and i downloaded the mod, and ... I LOVE THAT GAME because i'm still in :D AND THAT'S fuck*ng good :3

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
Already found Musket Madness along time ago, but didn't realise I needed M&B.. Then a friend introduced me to MM_Russia3 and I never stopped playing.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years