Author Topic: (NW) What made you want to get the game? And how did you find out about it?  (Read 8601 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
                   The way i found out about the game.One day i was just browsing through YouTube and I found a tilte that said 77y siege event and when I saw that I knew I wanted the game.The Reason I wanted the game was because I wanted to join a Regiment because it seemed pretty cool and it looked fun.

Did you find out about the game the same way I did?

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
  • Side: Neutral
Back in Madness i found a quite interesting mod for M&B:W...decided to try it out and then wooossshh there goes my social life! :D

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
I saw YouTube videos, specifically the hilarious BAB. I bought Warband just to play it, I was a former WFAS noob.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
Paid some $ for Mount and Blade Warband, played some multiplayer, heard there was modifications for the game, looked in ModDB, got MM, fucked up my life forever. :(
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
Had had Warband for a while, was over at a friend's and watched him play a lb with the 19te. Downloaded MM as soon as I got home and applied to the 19te after a few weeks of pubbing, never looked back.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
Was a huge fan to the Napoleonic Era, then found out about MM! :O

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
Found out about MM on Reddit in August 2011, started playing in November of that year. And I became a die-hard fan. NW was the first game that I was SUPER interested in, and the fact that I'm approaching 1000 hours in MM/NW is proof of that.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
  • Side: Confederacy
I played MM a lot. Then NW was announced and I knew it was destiny :P

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
The community moved on from MM to NW. Didn't have much to say on the matter, as I do prefer linebattles with other players involved.
Not saying I haven't enjoyed it, tough.

Offline Dealen

• First Lieutenant
  • Summer Is comming.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Nick: 81st_Col_Dealen
Some of my friends told me about M&M and I though It was a full game till I saw the requirments to play It so I decided to  buy warband then I downloaded M&M for the second time, Later on this year they announced the DLC so I decided to buy It and support the FSE Industries  8)

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: (NW) What made you want to get the game? And how did you find out about it?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:08 pm »
Bought warband because people in the Total War community were telling me how fun it was and after watching some videos I had to get it. Sometime later and a fair bit of single player someone, whos name escapes me, told me to get MM, a mod for warband. After doing so, it was fucking epic. Swap from being addicted to Warband SP to MM. Then as I was the leader of the 6e volts it was just automatic that we would go to NW as that is were the community was heading.

Offline Bonnyjoy

• Captain
  • Ex-Inmate of the 84e Prison
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bonnyjoy
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »
For me its the same as for the most. Bought warband after a friend's recommendationn (wow i sucked really at melee at that time) then found out 'bout that Mod MM prussia5 and tested and it was amazing since then ive played MM and my social life disappeared. Then NW was announced and I followed the stream and now here I am (still a noob though)

Offline smothdude

• Sergeant
  • 1stLW_Obst_Walter_Roberts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 01:07:51 am »
I first started with M&B the original which has nothing to do with this ;). When Warband came out I quickly got my hands on it and started looking for mods later. Sooner or later I got bored of SinglePlayer mods and I wanted to try something MultiPlayer. So I went back on the forums, say Mount and Musket and my life was sucked into my computer. After news about NW came out I couldn't wait and wanted to continue playing this amazing thing. So that's my story. Not different than many others :)

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 12:18:02 pm »
Watched a LB by the 91st and got the game 2 weeks later xD

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »
I was always a mount & blade player, played the MP beta for warband, I mostly played Native and SP for warband. I heard about Musket Madness from a friend but I never tried it. Been playing battlegrounds 2 since 2009, Joined TRR early 2012  and they were talking about a mod called Mount & Musket, I joined them and then it all went from there, we moved over from bg2 to NW on the release.
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~