Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102510 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2015, 07:12:42 pm »
Thanks for info
And Montrose's Irish Brigade is added

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »
Why not just rename the mod Pike and Shotte WG and texture/model everything based on the Minatures from warlord games?  :P

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2015, 10:46:28 pm »
Why not just rename the mod Pike and Shotte WG and texture/model everything based on the Minatures from warlord games?  :P

So what if he is basing his soldiers off of the Warlord Games website? They have a reliable source for uniforms. No need to be a dick about it.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2015, 10:58:09 pm »
If you want to post only offensive and annoying replies, rather not post anything

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »
you could have expressed yourself in a more kind way, you do sound offensive, happens to me too from time to time.
anyways i do believe they do researches for their miniatures otherwise it wouldnt make sense but i agree on the point that their historical accuracy could be dubious
oh and about the highland swordsmen, i think you should add  them for some intresting variety, they are in century of war too you could look there for reference, good luck dont get too stressed
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:47:45 pm by Miller786 »

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:14 am »
  I assure you sir, having bought and painted many of these figures and reading about the armies of the era, they are pretty accurate. The thing is we do not know as much about the uniforms of the era, only a few illustrations and scant literary material. For example, Prince Rupert's Horse is the only cavalry regiment we know the tunic colour of (they ordered red cloth for uniforms), we assume the cavalry generally wore whatever they could find.
  As I pointed out earlier, uniforms would generally wear out after only one campaign and had to be constantly replaced, sometimes uniform colours would change so you could see a mixture of colours (I seem to remember a Parliamentarian regiment started the war in yellow but had to switch to grey).
  I think this mod is shaping up to be really good and very accurate. You can never get things 100% right because we just do not know for sure. It is about best represting history in a way that people who play the game will find enjoyable and challenging.
  If I may also add a postscript about the Covenanter's. It would seem they very rarely wore armour, although I did here mention that Parliament gave them some supplies including armour but in limited numbers.
  I advise everyone to see the osprey books, I have two (infantry and cavalry) but I cannot find them at the moment. And if artillery is ever done, here are some pictures of a cannon (took this back in 2009). This is a smaller field piece, there were all sorts of types but I believe this is a Minion (please correct me if I am wrong).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:25:11 am by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2015, 10:41:59 am »
Added many more types of Scottish musketeers

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2015, 11:11:58 am »
They look very nice, well done!

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2015, 11:43:48 am »
They look very nice, well done!

Thanks

Scottish Serjant

Scottish Boaby

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
This mod is actually looking really brilliant.
I'm loving those tartans.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2015, 01:41:00 pm »
This mod is actually looking really brilliant.
I'm loving those tartans.

Thx

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2015, 02:09:35 pm »
  Good work with those Scots (Covenanter's or Royalist or both?). Just had a thought with the soundtrack, what about using parts from the soundtrack of the film Cromwell (1970)? Here is an extract:

My favourite parts are at 3:25-3:38 (played in the film when the King arrives to raise his standard, could be used for the Royalist victory music) and 5:44-6:30ish (played when the New Model Army is marching to Naseby, could be used as Parliamentarian victory music). I don't know about copyright issues of course as it is from a film as opposed to a historical piece of music, then again the Zulu War mod got away with using music from Zulu and Zulu Dawn.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:13:09 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:21 pm »
  Good work with those Scots (Covenanter's or Royalist or both?). Just had a thought with the soundtrack, what about using parts from the soundtrack of the film Cromwell (1970)? Here is an extract:

My favourite parts are at 3:25-3:38 (played in the film when the King arrives to raise his standard, could be used for the Royalist victory music) and 5:44-6:30ish (played when the New Model Army is marching to Naseby, could be used as Parliamentarian victory music). I don't know about copyright issues of course as it is from a film as opposed to a historical piece of music, then again the Zulu War mod got away with using music from Zulu and Zulu Dawn.

They are Covenanters.
I like that music. Might be useful

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »
Glad to help, I have just ordered a CD with the complete soundtrack on (they are very rare these days, I don't think the full soundtrack ever got a proper release sadly, at least not on CD, might be on vinyl) so will see if there is anything else there that might be good.
]

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2015, 06:25:43 pm »
you could have expressed yourself in a more kind way, you do sound offensive, happens to me too from time to time.
anyways i do believe they do researches for their miniatures otherwise it wouldnt make sense but i agree on the point that their historical accuracy could be dubious
oh and about the highland swordsmen, i think you should add  them for some intresting variety, they are in century of war too you could look there for reference, good luck dont get too stressed

So what if he is basing his soldiers off of the Warlord Games website? They have a reliable source for uniforms. No need to be a dick about it.
Why is everyone so offended? It was a jest, a light hearted one at that, seeing as they do have some nice colour schemes to base the textures off.  ::)