Author Topic: Waterloo 2015 ~Units/Impressions~  (Read 69507 times)

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Waterloo 2015 ~Units/Impressions~
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2020, 05:14:57 am »
I Have just joined  to post to this old  post  but of Special interest to me, I  am a  Long long long time lover of Waterloo  and reinacting, I am currently  working on a Diorama  of the attack on La Haye Sainte  with 28mm  plastic figures.

As I have just started this I have not got very far s far (just a figure and a nearly completed  cuirassier)

I have posted my work in a couple of different forums   but would love to share with the good folk here also.

Regards.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2020, 12:11:57 pm »
Nice, feel free to share some pictures. I for myself am still reenacting the 2nd LB KGL and we had a great time spending the night 17.-18. June 2015 in real La Haye Sainte and having a ceremony there on the 18th. That was really great and I think the other Reenactors in this forum have a lot of different great Waterloo 2015 experiences. But I think a lot of the guys in this post sadly aren't active anymore on this forum.

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2020, 05:05:05 pm »
Nice, feel free to share some pictures. I for myself am still reenacting the 2nd LB KGL and we had a great time spending the night 17.-18. June 2015 in real La Haye Sainte and having a ceremony there on the 18th. That was really great and I think the other Reenactors in this forum have a lot of different great Waterloo 2015 experiences. But I think a lot of the guys in this post sadly aren't active anymore on this forum.

Thank you sincerly for replying,  I wasn't sure if anybody would,  one thing that I am stumbling over slightly  - was any of the French Infantry attacking the farm  still wearing the older "lozenge"  style  hat plate on thier shakos?   as I have made a couple  in 28mm  with the older style hat  plates.

Kind regards.

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2020, 05:51:41 pm »
These are what I have built so far  - 

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2020, 10:15:38 pm »
And another one  - 

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2020, 10:17:09 pm »

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »

So  - do you represent the Green and Grey  light regiment with rifles?     I will be  constructing some of those brave guys  for my Dio.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2020, 10:16:48 am »

Thank you sincerly for replying,  I wasn't sure if anybody would,  one thing that I am stumbling over slightly  - was any of the French Infantry attacking the farm  still wearing the older "lozenge"  style  hat plate on thier shakos?   as I have made a couple  in 28mm  with the older style hat  plates.

Kind regards.

By 1815, the lozenge plate was most likely entirely out of service. Variations occur with how long it takes certain items to phase out depending on the regiments but I think it's safe to say the lozenge plate would be gone by 1815.

Offline BattlePlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2020, 05:38:26 pm »

Kind regards.

By 1815, the lozenge plate was most likely entirely out of service. Variations occur with how long it takes certain items to phase out depending on the regiments but I think it's safe to say the lozenge plate would be gone by 1815.

Thank you  sincerly.