Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update  (Read 15005 times)

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
Re: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 04:37:25 am »
I don't have time to read the whole thread but if you guys are debating the purpose of community rep I have some input:

From the start I think all reps went into the job with the wrong idea. You're not community managers employed by FSE to keep the community alive. You are community representatives meant to deal with disputes between the community and the absent/out of the loop admins. That's why this whole thing started in the past and why it started again. Because the admins didn't know what they were doing.

the whole idea that reps should be hosting events and tournaments is just not needed. You don't need to be a rep for that.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2016, 07:15:17 am »
Thats ignoring what I said entirely Siwi.

We need to talk about the mutes and bans.

BabyJ practically got banned for saying "I hope nobody signs up for this".

And then theres Theo's mute.

Both skipped the warning process and were punished immediately.

Dont do this Siwi.
BabyJ got banned for spamming constantly after being told to stop.
Theo has a long history of warnings and mutes so it's not really a surprise that he got muted straight away.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2016, 07:47:42 am »

Dont do this Siwi.
Theo has a long history of warnings and mutes so it's not really a surprise that he got muted straight away.

"spamming"

he posted on like two seperate threads

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 07:57:30 am »

Dont do this Siwi.

"spamming"

he posted on like two seperate threads
Multiple times

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 08:16:27 am »
You spam too? Where is your ban?
Provide instances of my spam and I'll provide a reason for why I was not banned.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2016, 10:30:28 am »
Okay we can see this https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=29196.msg1409048#msg1409048 Quadrapost (so close to penta man  :'( ) 63e member what happened after that Karth said he will ban him if he doesnt stops spamming and no warnings. After I reported post and msged Karth to do his job and stop being bias Quadraposter got warning of around 20% I would say maybe Karth warned him or my post report worked. And I'm pretty sure I saw new account that quadraposted on 17e thread and got instantly perma banned.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 12:36:44 pm »
I don't have time to read the whole thread but if you guys are debating the purpose of community rep I have some input:

From the start I think all reps went into the job with the wrong idea. You're not community managers employed by FSE to keep the community alive. You are community representatives meant to deal with disputes between the community and the absent/out of the loop admins. That's why this whole thing started in the past and why it started again. Because the admins didn't know what they were doing.

the whole idea that reps should be hosting events and tournaments is just not needed. You don't need to be a rep for that.

Ofc not, I did it because there weren't any 1v1 tournaments at the time. As a community rep, part of of the job description is creating events that bring the community together.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 09:24:05 pm »
Personally I am against administrators being in gaming clans, just because you get shit like this. It undermines the intergrity of the post. But that is just me being a hard-ass.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2016, 01:41:17 am »
So question: Is the problem that people are getting muted/banned or is the problem that the punishment doesn't match the "crime"?  What I mean by that is does the time that the person who is muted/banned truly represent the "crime" they committed.  I am just needing some clarification that's all thanks!

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2016, 03:22:07 pm »
Personally I am against administrators being in gaming clans, just because you get shit like this. It undermines the intergrity of the post. But that is just me being a hard-ass.

I don't know, I rather have an administrator that actually actively plays the game and knows what's happening in the community instead of, well, some of the current administrators (not the community reps.). I believe that FSE administrators that barely or no longer play the game, simply should retire. The forum is dedicated to a specific game, not your political discussions, lmao.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2016, 03:54:51 pm »

I don't know, I rather have an administrator that actually actively plays the game and knows what's happening in the community instead of, well, some of the current administrators (not the community reps.). I believe that FSE administrators that barely or no longer play the game, simply should retire. The forum is dedicated to a specific game, not your political discussions, lmao.
The suptweet here
Damn

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 08:51:04 pm »
And moderators are dedicated to the well-being of the forum, not the community.

If I can, I try to pick moderators who are active without being too connected to specific units or organisations.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 04:29:58 am »
When is the next election?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2016, 04:47:44 am »
When is the next election?
the answer is in the title of the thread.(end of Aug)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2016, 12:06:58 pm »
And moderators are dedicated to the well-being of the forum, not the community.

If I can, I try to pick moderators who are active without being too connected to specific units or organisations.
Like Karth.