Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Discussion Thread  (Read 39793 times)

Offline Rybon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erRC_Brg_Rybon
  • Side: Union
Re: [CCL] Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2019, 10:40:30 pm »
Maybe lets back to memes
Spoiler
[close]
Difficulty attracts a man of character, for it is by embracing it that he fulfils himself.
Przeszkoda pociąga człowieka z charakterem, jako że pokonując ją sam się urzeczywistnia.
Charles de Gaulle

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2019, 10:52:38 pm »
For my part i prefer GOOODEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) :D ;D 8)

I thought you prefer me :'( :'(

Saphyro it's impossible that I prefer you, because you are already the favorite of Caulaincourt: p mouhahahahha
lol = ban

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2019, 12:13:13 am »
For my part i prefer GOOODEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;) :D ;D 8)

I thought you prefer me :'( :'(

now you hit me hard oof
Saphyro it's impossible that I prefer you, because you are already the favorite of Caulaincourt: p mouhahahahha

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2019, 05:58:29 am »
I sincerely think the bashing towards Lancers come from the fact that historically speaking (in the history of the NW scene), lancers have often been a class which was taken by trolls on cav-gf and therefore associated to an unserious and non-competitive environment.

It's easier to completely dismiss a class and deem as 'overpowered' rather than learning how to counter it and admit that at the end of the day, the only thing you don't enjoy is losing against something you don't really understand, therefore can't counter efficiently. Netherveless, it's far too late to make a case for lancers on NW. There will never be a competitive lancer regiment in EU and trying it casual comes down to struggle to find regular 1v1 opponents, therefore limiting your in-game experience.

As for heavies, they are an integral part of the community, for a long time now. They have always been a minority which makes it hard to deal with but at least they bring a bit of diversity and a newer challenge. The only thing which is not acceptable, with any class, is the refusal to play the game. This point has been addressed after the first two weeks and looking at the 1erRC vs Nr6 match, it's safe to assume things have been fixed to a certain extent.

Due to NW being a game with rather simple mechanisms, we cannot prevent the matches against heavies to last a certain amount of time (2h~) but try to aim so that this length remains in the area of something acceptable (not 3h~). Out of 14 matches, every regiment has to play for the CCL, only 2 of them will be against heavies. From an administrative point of view, we figured out it might be a bit annoying for some, but still perfectly acceptable.

The whole 'Hussars vs Heavies' has been a thing since I first started playing cavalry years ago. Even as someone who has not been part of the cavalry community for a long-time or certainly not as much as most of you, I can safely observe the bias on both sides, making the whole argument an endless circle where nothing will ever improve. In order for change to happen, there must be a real discussion between both sides leading to a positive outcome for both sides. Else, it will be just bitching around and fall on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:35:27 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2019, 07:29:36 am »
I really prefer asymmetric gameplay, so I'm glad that heavies can play in the community, the 14pk showed this in CNWL and the 1erRC are carrying their torch since and during this CCL.
(No Squall, I'm not refusing your match request because you're heavies, we really genuinely don't have the time ;)).

However, the current problem with the Heavy playstyle (and reason the Hussar reaction) is that their efficacy in my eyes isn't really coming from their class quirks (e.g. the extra armour and range) but rather the subsequent change in playstyle -- the fact that they cannot catch up with Hussars means they just sit and wait to be attacked, which is a huge advantage for any regiment. If one regiment is not expected to attack at all but to stay passive and reactive in all circumstances then yes they'll find controversial success, and honestly some of the recent tactics we've seen suggest that this meta is going to be embraced, not challenged.

Do I think Heavies are overpowered? No. If you just watch the CNWL and CCL you won't see noob heavy regiments pulling away from the rest of the leader board with easy wins, you'll see very experienced and skilled players winning and losing against the best hussar regiments. But I do feel like the way matches shape up at the moment isnt really fun for either team - no one really wants to fight 3 hour+ matches where the main focus is on whether X or Y counts as delaying or wallhugging instead of a focus on skill and teamplay overall.

Lancers are a different matter though. Honestly, I don't think there has been enough lancer play at regimental level to really tell if they are over- or under-powered. At the last CNC, for example, I can tell you that the UK team didnt discuss how we would face lancers and didnt play a single practice match against them. So is it really the fault of the organisers that we lost against Spain? Probably not. I really hoped the 5thRIL would succeed but it seems there is no real dedicated lancer regiments to watch atm in Europe.
This doesn't mean I will stop calling them cancers when they kill me on cav-gf.
And I still don't forgive the Spanish for taking out my eye in January 2018

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2019, 11:43:52 am »
EXCUSE ME GUYS “HEAVIES”????

THEY ARE CALLED “PLUS SIZE” YOU SHITLORDS AND THEY HAVE A CONDITION, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEYVE BEEN THROUGH!!!!!11!!!

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2019, 12:41:28 pm »
so I'm glad that heavies can play in the community, the 14pk showed this in CNWL
Dont forget the kk. I think the KGL had the most fun in the CNWL, facing us heavys ;)
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2019, 01:55:03 pm »
EXCUSE ME GUYS “HEAVIES”????

THEY ARE CALLED “PLUS SIZE” YOU SHITLORDS AND THEY HAVE A CONDITION, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEYVE BEEN THROUGH!!!!!11!!!

Hahahahaha what a retard
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »
I blame Erik for lancers

Offline Tulkas

• First Sergeant
  • Admin on Cavalry Groupfighting & EU [KGL]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpl_Tulkas
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2019, 02:32:27 pm »
Join my regiment, the 69th Regiment of Heavy Hussards with lance. Ez win  : 8)

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2019, 03:38:21 pm »
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2019, 03:54:24 pm »

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2019, 06:44:31 pm »
I really prefer asymmetric gameplay, so I'm glad that heavies can play in the community, the 14pk showed this in CNWL and the 1erRC are carrying their torch since and during this CCL.
(No Squall, I'm not refusing your match request because you're heavies, we really genuinely don't have the time ;)).

However, the current problem with the Heavy playstyle (and reason the Hussar reaction) is that their efficacy in my eyes isn't really coming from their class quirks (e.g. the extra armour and range) but rather the subsequent change in playstyle -- the fact that they cannot catch up with Hussars means they just sit and wait to be attacked, which is a huge advantage for any regiment. If one regiment is not expected to attack at all but to stay passive and reactive in all circumstances then yes they'll find controversial success, and honestly some of the recent tactics we've seen suggest that this meta is going to be embraced, not challenged.

Do I think Heavies are overpowered? No. If you just watch the CNWL and CCL you won't see noob heavy regiments pulling away from the rest of the leader board with easy wins, you'll see very experienced and skilled players winning and losing against the best hussar regiments. But I do feel like the way matches shape up at the moment isnt really fun for either team - no one really wants to fight 3 hour+ matches where the main focus is on whether X or Y counts as delaying or wallhugging instead of a focus on skill and teamplay overall.

Lancers are a different matter though. Honestly, I don't think there has been enough lancer play at regimental level to really tell if they are over- or under-powered. At the last CNC, for example, I can tell you that the UK team didnt discuss how we would face lancers and didnt play a single practice match against them. So is it really the fault of the organisers that we lost against Spain? Probably not. I really hoped the 5thRIL would succeed but it seems there is no real dedicated lancer regiments to watch atm in Europe.
This doesn't mean I will stop calling them cancers when they kill me on cav-gf.
And I still don't forgive the Spanish for taking out my eye in January 2018

Thanks for that, that is exactly what i mean. But in the end everyone has to decide on there own if they will play matches like this

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2019, 09:06:14 pm »
We have only played 3 hours of our whole existence and we are being fingered for nothing, we must not believe that it's fun to play so much time, we have our tactics, as some of you (hussard) have yours and I respect that, I will not allow myself to spit on your style or have fun talking about hussars, it's a game that a variety of classes we can play and s fun, certainly we are slower to come to attack you, but it never prevented to play together, the proof if we were so strong that we will easily win all our matches and this is not the case, we lose and win like any regiment and that does not stop me from loving and continuing to play my Heavy class, on the contrary I continue to appreciate it because we are a minority to exist in competitive and that it make us a unique regiment and please stop saying any uoi, we are the 1stRC we took over no torch and even less that 14pk, 14 pk had his technique and ours, we are two regiments completely different, thank you to respect our identities.

Spoiler
Nous avons joué une seule fois 3heures de toute notre existence et on se fait pointer du doigt pour rien, il ne faut pas croire qu’ont c'est amusés à jouer autant de temps, nous avons notre tactique, comme certain d'entre vous(hussard) avez la vôtre et je respecte ça, moi je ne vais pas me permettre de cracher sur votre style ou m'amuser à parler sur les hussards, c'est un jeu qui à une diversité des classes auxquelles nous pouvons jouer et s'amuser, certes nous somme plus lent pour venir vous attaquer, mais ça n'a jamais empêcher de jouer ensemble, la preuve si nous étions si fort que ça, nous gagnerons aisément tout nos match et ce n'est pas le cas, nous perdons et nous gagnons comme n'importe quel régiment et ça ne m'empêche pas d'aimer et de continuer à jouer ma classe Heavy, au contraire je continue de l'apprécier, car nous sommes une minorité à exister en compétitif et que cela fait de nous un régiment unique et s'il vous plait arrêter de dire n'importe quoi, on est le 1erRC on a repris aucun flambeau et encore moins celui du 14pk, le 14 pk avait ses technique et nous la nôtre, nous sommes deux régiments complétement différents, merci de respecter nos identités 8).
[close]
lol = ban

Offline Tulkas

• First Sergeant
  • Admin on Cavalry Groupfighting & EU [KGL]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpl_Tulkas
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2019, 10:11:20 pm »
Spoiler
We have only played 3 hours of our whole existence and we are being fingered for nothing, we must not believe that it's fun to play so much time, we have our tactics, as some of you (hussard) have yours and I respect that, I will not allow myself to spit on your style or have fun talking about hussars, it's a game that a variety of classes we can play and s fun, certainly we are slower to come to attack you, but it never prevented to play together, the proof if we were so strong that we will easily win all our matches and this is not the case, we lose and win like any regiment and that does not stop me from loving and continuing to play my Heavy class, on the contrary I continue to appreciate it because we are a minority to exist in competitive and that it make us a unique regiment and please stop saying any uoi, we are the 1stRC we took over no torch and even less that 14pk, 14 pk had his technique and ours, we are two regiments completely different, thank you to respect our identities.

Spoiler
Nous avons joué une seule fois 3heures de toute notre existence et on se fait pointer du doigt pour rien, il ne faut pas croire qu’ont c'est amusés à jouer autant de temps, nous avons notre tactique, comme certain d'entre vous(hussard) avez la vôtre et je respecte ça, moi je ne vais pas me permettre de cracher sur votre style ou m'amuser à parler sur les hussards, c'est un jeu qui à une diversité des classes auxquelles nous pouvons jouer et s'amuser, certes nous somme plus lent pour venir vous attaquer, mais ça n'a jamais empêcher de jouer ensemble, la preuve si nous étions si fort que ça, nous gagnerons aisément tout nos match et ce n'est pas le cas, nous perdons et nous gagnons comme n'importe quel régiment et ça ne m'empêche pas d'aimer et de continuer à jouer ma classe Heavy, au contraire je continue de l'apprécier, car nous sommes une minorité à exister en compétitif et que cela fait de nous un régiment unique et s'il vous plait arrêter de dire n'importe quoi, on est le 1erRC on a repris aucun flambeau et encore moins celui du 14pk, le 14 pk avait ses technique et nous la nôtre, nous sommes deux régiments complétement différents, merci de respecter nos identités 8).
[close]
[close]

+1 For my generous merc money  donator. (Still waiting...  ::)). 

Guys, you waste time writing a very long message, it might be time to close the debate and go on cav gf to be killed by Kinoe the jealous !

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:16:21 pm by Tulkas »