Author Topic: United States vs Great Britian? [Documentry]  (Read 26082 times)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
United States vs Great Britian? [Documentry]
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:55:24 am »
I recently watched a documentary about "Plan Red' which was a plan detailing what a war between Great Britian, Cannada and the United states would be like. Although I doubt it was ever taken really into consideration even though public opinion of both nations were varied. It however didnot really bring up alliances. I fleel France and even germany could definitely possible be combatants on the british side as well. It concludes that America could take Canada swiftly but with loss due to britian not being able to muster enough troops rapidly to the country however America and Britain combat on the high seas and result in stalemates and sporadic US and British Victories which would result in a ceasefire.

Definitely makes me happy that Britian and the United States have such a stronge alliance.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
Re: United States vs Great Britian? [Documentry]
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »
Today, America would proably steam roll whole Europe if caught unprepared  :-\

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:47:11 pm »

Nah, would cost to much time, and before they would even try to attack, the whole of Europe would be prepared. And the Russians would take their chance and strike at the Americans.

Even for a superpower like the USA that's a no-go. :P

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »
I would say no due to the fact that the withdrawal out of the Middle East and other bases around the world into Germany and back into America would be so evident, and if we were to just keep them around, just about everyone in Europe would be awakened to that. Plus there's no point to doing that at all.

But very nice documentary.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 03:39:10 pm »
Even if that ever happened America would obviously call up the draft and by then Europe and all the countries would be prepared. All scenarios.... probably won't ever happen (meh maybe in 100-200 years? Who knows lol)

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »
Yes, but if you think the whole us army all the sudden landed on Great britain, France, Germany, Italy and Turkey pherhaps, with no warnings at all just like the Germans invaded Poland (They declared war, but already entered Poland after 2 hours or even less if im not wrong), they would have little chance to put up a proper defence. Of course USA would earn little to nothing from it as they would just loose alot of men later on when the armies gets organized and/or the state starts with guerilla warfare with what they have (unless they choose to shoot every civilian they see so no one is left alive). It pretty much goes to every army, no matter how big you are, these days a single civilian with AK 47 can take down 5 of your best troops before they know what hit them, so there is nearly no gain unless you are a corrupt politican that just want to fill your own pockets in cost of soldiers lives

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »
If the Yanks want to take us (NL) out, all they have to do is detonate those nuclear war heads stored somewhere in the Netherlands.

It's a public secret, if you know what I mean.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »
I think that in the future a war would be coming on Planet Mars, and than that would also drag into our world.
They are already planning to get people on planet Mars, without a retour, so they have to say their families goodbye
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:26:44 pm »
I believe we will see a Iraq-like situation in central Africa within the next 10 to 20 years. This time, not for oil, but for resources needed to make computerchips (and therefor, phones, computers, you name it.).

Though, of course, officially, it will all be in the name of liberty and democracy.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:47 pm »
War of 1812 GG no re. U.S would of been done without the Frenchs help. But I'm sure the Scenario would be a lot different today.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 05:42:43 pm »

If we talk conventional (Non-nuke) warfare, even the entire Europe and Russia would not be able to beat the US.  No other navy or airforce in the world is as large and experienced as the american one.

It really doesn't matter if we are prepared. If 'murica wants to "liberate" us, liberated we shall be.

To illustrate my point, the combined aircraft in Russia's, UK's, France's, Germany's, Switzerland's, Norway's, Denmark's, Finland's, Italy's. Ukraine's, Poland's, Sweden's and Spain's Airforce is roughly equal two 2/3 of the amount of aircraft in the US Airforce.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:51:00 pm by Tali »

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »
What's the point in thinking about this though. Almost all the countries in question have good foreign relations with each other. Such a war would be ridiculously improbable.

Offline Ralph

• First Lieutenant
  • Herbalist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ballion
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »
It's a What If...

With the current person leading the USA, this country is going to shit.
Watched because i dunno

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 06:02:31 pm »
It's a What If...

Oh here we go again. What's the reason this time? Cutback on military spending? Healthcare? A law against machine guns?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »
It's a What If...

Would you rather Bush back?

The US doesn't have too much to complain about in terms of leadership at the moment.