Author Topic: The Football thread!  (Read 105942 times)

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: FIFA World Cup 2014 Brasil THREAD!
« Reply #1245 on: July 09, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »
+1 to Zzehth Eu football is boring.

What you witnessed yesterday was a "boring" European team surgically disassemble a "team" (read: collection of loosely associated individuals) with sublime passing and brilliant teamwork. Germany's quick passes, especially in Brazil's box, cut through their defense like it wasn't even there. The Brazillian defense might as well have been on the sideline for all the good they did stopping Germany's passes in their end. (the key term here is passing)

Brazil on the other hand was barely able to complete a pass within 10 yards of the German box and when they did they often immediately squandered the opportunity with either:
A) A showy kick the sailed wide/high/right into Neuer's arms
B) A futile one-man attack/run-in which only succeeded in getting them cut off in the corner and turning over possession
(two things they've done a lot of this entire tournament and in many past matches)

It may not be as showy as goals like Maradona's goal of the century, but its not supposed to be. Call it boring if you will, but simplicity and efficiency is the name of the game, and Germany just showed beyond shadow of a doubt it works.

Why am I still here

AeroNinja

« Reply #1246 on: July 09, 2014, 09:02:53 pm »

What you witnessed yesterday was a "boring" European team surgically disassemble a "team" (read: collection of loosely associated individuals) with sublime passing and brilliant teamwork. Germany's quick passes, especially in Brazil's box, cut through their defense like it wasn't even there. The Brazillian defense might as well have been on the sideline for all the good they did stopping Germany's passes in their end. (the key term here is passing)

Brazil on the other hand was barely able to complete a pass within 10 yards of the German box and when they did they often immediately squandered the opportunity with either:
B) A futile one-man attack/run-in which only succeeded in getting them cut off in the corner and turning over possession
(two things they've done a lot of this entire tournament and in many past matches)

It may not be as showy as goals like Maradona's goal of the century, but its not supposed to be. Call it boring if you will, but simplicity and efficiency is the name of the game, and Germany just showed beyond shadow of a doubt it works.
I went LMFAO with this post...

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:26 pm »

I went LMFAO with this post...

Which part in particular?
Why am I still here

AeroNinja

« Reply #1248 on: July 09, 2014, 09:06:27 pm »
The match of yesterday wasn't boring. Brazil said on brazilian team they would have it hard without Thiago and Neymar. Those two are the pillars of Brazil in this time. It's stupid they didn't bring Robinho. He could replace Neymar Very well.

About EU football. It's all based about strength. I just hate that. I just love the Samba and dribbling of the South American Teams. It's just a shame EU always has to win... Though I miss the good times when Brazil beated the sh*t out of Germany in 2002 in the finals in Japan*.

*: Sry mistake.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #1249 on: July 09, 2014, 09:48:26 pm »
The match of yesterday wasn't boring. Brazil said on brazilian team they would have it hard without Thiago and Neymar. Those two are the pillars of Brazil in this time. It's stupid they didn't bring Robinho. He could replace Neymar Very well.

About EU football. It's all based about strength. I just hate that. I just love the Samba and dribbling of the South American Teams. It's just a shame EU always has to win... Though I miss the good times when Brazil beated the sh*t out of Germany in 2002 in the finals in Japan*.

Did you even read Junedragon's post? And if a team places all its strength on two players, we can't call that a good team. This just showed how individual the Brazilian players were.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1250 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:00 pm »
Hobbelen Holland!!!!

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:06 pm »
Hobbelen Holland!!!!
Oranje boven m8

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #1252 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »
Kebab referees! GL
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #1253 on: July 09, 2014, 10:06:58 pm »

Oh my god, just fuck off you Brazil fanboy who knows nothing about football.

Robinho? FUCKING ROBINHO? Do you have any idea how shit he is now? His ineptness in attack has been highlighted since Zlatan left Milan and he has just been playing terrible. This isn't 2010, he is a second tier player. If you were looking for some true brazilian forward talent, i suggest you read about Alex Pato....

Also on European football, you do realise that your generalisation is probably the poorest example one can give to generalise 'European' football.... There isn't even such a thing as European football, it's divided into several categories, such as the Spanish 'tiki-taka' tempo based play, or the British counter-attacking way etc. Dribbling is very much prominent in European league, bu you wont see as many tricks as you would in South Am leagues (i.e. less competitive leagues) due to the fack that there is a lot more on the line in European leagues due to the sheer size and importance, thus it is more about winning that looking good and loosing.

Anyhow, i've been wishing since day one of this tournament since Brazils shit game against Croatia, that they would be shit on and the poor ethic and quality of their team would be thouroughly highlighted, and i got just that. Seriously fuck all that Neymar bullshit injury, the team was crap from the start incase nobody realised. The full-backs can't defend, one of the centre-backs is a fucking loose-cannon, the centre mids lack creativity and technical ability, and Fred is fucking Fred lol....

The only people one can speak well for on the Brazil squads XI is Thiago Silva, Hulk and Neymar.

Anyways, ORANJE BOVEN

told that bih don't @ me

AeroNinja

« Reply #1254 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:19 pm »
You fuck off germany fanboy im just telling my opinion if you dont accept that go cry in an other corner.

Offline Sharko

• First Lieutenant
  • Former 15th Hussar Lt, 3rdFG Cpt, 92nd Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rdFG_Cpl_Andrew_Vaughan
« Reply #1255 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »
You fuck off germany fanboy

LOL funny coz its true.

AeroNinja

« Reply #1256 on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:52 pm »
Seriously everyone thinks EU is better in everythingelse because ooh they have won one match with a monsterscore i dont fucking care i am not a fanboy im a guy whos coming up for his country and not letting it being abused by "europians" suck that. And i dont care about how crappy my english is.

Offline Highlander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Highderlander
« Reply #1257 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:35 pm »

About EU football. It's all based about strength. I just hate that. I just love the Samba and dribbling of the South American Teams.

Surely it was Brazil who tried to play with strong players like Hulk and Fred. Brazil tried to play an extremely physical game, look at their games vs Colombia and Chile. The only European team as physical as those three is Belgium. Look at the teams who made it to the Quarter Finals, 6 of them play extremely fluid dribbling and passing based games. The European game isn't about strength or power any more, it's about pace and skill, about good ball players. Just about the opposite of how Brazil played this world cup. To quote Tim Vickery "Brazilian football is operating ludicrously short of its potential. It's been resting on its laurels, pointing at its five World Cup wins and saying everything's fine. It isn't fine. Germany have given us a lesson, regrouping after their 5-1 defeat to England in 2001. Brazil need to do the same thing." Brazil tried to win the game in moments, European teams tried to control the game.

AeroNinja

« Reply #1258 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:41 pm »
I just cant take it that eu needs to win in SA i just cant...

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:29 pm »
Mate you're Belgian...