Author Topic: The End of FrenchTouch and my retirement.  (Read 41729 times)

Haze

The End of FrenchTouch and my retirement.
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:50:09 am »

Hi guys, i don't know if i should have posted it here or on gf board, i think this team is kind of "iconic" in his own way, so here is good i guess.

So here we are, the team has reached his final step on nw, it's now past, this steam started in early 2014, with a bunch of french "noobies" i'd say with some noname guys not too bad on melee (but that's it), i had to make this team great, train and make players ready from A to Z (Z being yesterday), we had to improve and learn from others and ourselves, Solidarity, Progression and Friendship we're the key words in that matter, our moto.

Never i though we could do what we did, never though we could have had this run, i could i have this run.
At one point on a team, you have this slow decline which happen often with the lact of maturity and involvement from the players, sometime things have just too much fallen to the abyss, and there's no thing to do about it.
You know a team is done when one speak, and no one listen him.

My only regret in that matter is the fact that we couldn't have played at our best level for our last trip of 2018, i consider us to have reached the best peak level at many different area during ft existence, and its almost a shame regarding what we used to be/do in the past.
But thats how it is, i could stay and try to start over again, with new ideas and probably people ^^, but what's the point ? i had my time, and this competitive scene is and will always be about 2 horse team on one-day tournaments which i don't consider to be proper competition, still enjoyable though, don't make me wrong.

So with the end of FrenchTouch, its also my final step on nw competitive scene, as i am FT and FT is me, i don't want to play for another flag, its the flag i always wanted to defend, at any time, against any teams, which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Frenchtouch not always used the name FrenchTouch, (GoTA, ALL-S, Trinity, GogetaIV, FRA, etc...) but its spirit, tactics, was, same goes with his core players, it was indeed FrenchTouch.

The team had great impact on the groupfighting area aswell as 1v1 meta of nw, we've created the 2v1 flag system, showtime and solidity tactics, GF advantages, opening kills, regroup, and eliminate tactics, one stab lethal chamber style, high level anti-chamber duel meta style (which come almost entirely from me and extazz94 solely) (yup, i claim me and extazz the main reason why the eu duel meta changed so much, proud of that, though, have to say that as ledger said in the past, the nw mechanics we'rent ready for that type of style me and extazz brought)

We have faced many team and leaders over the time, EuroTouch, CCCP,  JediMasters, Slavic, GB, Czech, PowerRanger, v75, 85e, Panthers, Legendary10, TFFO, Poosy, ChimpZ and many more, you know what's interesting, all of them never exactly fought each other, but they all had to fought frenchtouch, at any point of the time, Frenchtouch was their main opponent, while frenchtouch have seen their opponents changing over the time, we consistently have been able to be the "last step" for any team who wanted to reach the n°1 spot in or outside of tourneys, whoever you were, whatever your skill, during 3 years long, from mid-end 2015, you had to fight the people who said in 2014 "We're gonna take the comp scene over". I'm proud of that.

FrenchTouch has been able to almost entirely renew the FRA generation, open the FRA to everyone who could prove himself on selection, almost any FRA players played on frenchtouch at one point, learn his tactic, spirit, and way of seing gf (my way of seing gf), and that benefited them and FRA, not always ft thought, but that's ok.

And ultimately, let's face it, ft has been able to lead FRA to his peak level and his well deserved titles.

French players became a meme on this game, win everything, low ping, etc...its probably due to ft for the most part, its not that important in reality, but it tells you the impact ft had on the overall people regard.

As FT goes down, i step out from competition, i already wanted to stop last year after nwwc, things will change now, its a new time, i had my time as i said, and i'm good with my run, its a good run right ? in fact its unarguably the most successful one, 30+ tourney won, from 1v1 to 10v10, and national tourneys, we did everything, quite impressive from french "noobies", try to do it from A to Z, only noname players coming from some random regiments, you'll start to understand the challenge here :D

All that was good memory, i don't regret at all this adventure, this journey, was cool, i learned a lot, and not only about bayonets which is the most important.

Look you may have not really liked ft, but let's be honest, without us, there wouldn't be lebrave, and didn't we all had a great time with lebrave numerous meme ?
Only for that, you should be happy ft existed  ;D

I'll be hosting the 4v4 tournament aswell as the ECS5, and one last tournament, a 1v1 tournament, which i will attend as a player for one last time, my last tournament.
I hope to see you guys there, especially on the 1v1, for one last party.

I hope to see one guy there too.

Thanks for reading, good day to you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:52:05 am by Drake »

Offline Speculaaskoekje

• Sergeant
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The End of FrenchTouch and my retirement.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:50:49 pm »
Bye

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »
Cy@.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 12:54:04 pm »
While I begrudgingly respect your accomplishments, you are almost entirely self centred in every dealing I have had with you, which is why I choose not to haved liked you much. The champions who are good people are the ones deserving of respect, while the interactions I had previously with you give me the impression that you care little for anybody you consider a noname, even though you claim Frenchtouch to have started off as noname themselves. You are a nightmare as a regimental member unless the leadership are trying to appease you to stay. This is why I cannot respect you as a person.

Just my own thoughts on you as your making this final paragraph. Good luck in the real world, I'm sure your completely different IRL, this is just my opinion on your NW persona.

Offline Melton

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 12:56:58 pm »
tl;dr but hf

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 01:06:40 pm »
I think FT or just the french also started “Let’s make a topic just to talk about myself” idea.

Wursti

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:59 pm »
I think FT or just the french also started “Let’s make a topic just to talk about myself” idea.

The creators of ego boosting

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 01:13:40 pm »
I hope you set up a good retirement plan cause its a pretty expensive world.

Offline Muhataa

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ex.Moderator TKC
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 01:18:00 pm »
Well, well it came to an end HaZe, It was pleasure playing with you and all of the FT ongoing aswell,as you say in french ''bonne continuation'' with your life

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 01:26:26 pm »
Cya next tournament

P.S. bring rockets back so lebrave can bring back eurotouch
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:28:58 pm by Melsyo »
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 01:28:37 pm »
Why is this pinned

Wursti

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »
Why is this pinned

The creators of ego boosting

Offline Mr_Etherton

• First Lieutenant
  • Hello There
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 01:31:40 pm »
Only thing the French touch is under age children.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 01:46:08 pm »
This is big
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 02:09:03 pm »
Why is this pinned

Seems rather stupid lol